Averitt | 2020 Pay Raise?

Don’t misunderstand, there have been some things happen lately that a $5 p/hour raise wouldn’t make up for, and I will tell you it is some major disappointments in the “big red team” that have had many speaking about the need of representation especially with what they’ve saw on the news lately. I’ve not saw this many upset in a while
I’ve worked here for 27 years. I’ve had zero problems with management. As long as you don’t screw something up, you will hardly ever here from them. I can’t imagine what sort of problems you are having at your Svc.

Sure. I'm glad you're happy.

I worked for Averitt during the Great Recession, when we got nothing in our profit sharing week after week, month after month while practically every other LTL company was still matching employee contributions. I talked to the CFO about it in person, and even he wasn't able to give me a simple explanation of the supposed formula used to determine profit sharing contributions.

Soak in those contributions while you can. Just know they're subject to disappear for any or no reason.

A company that can't be up-front honest about how it calculates profit sharing telling me to expect "impressive" increases in pay? Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical. I hope they prove me wrong! Still got a lot of people over there who I care about.
What I remember about the Great Recession is most companies operation ratio were 100 +. At that point I was more worried about having a run when I came to work every night. Thanks to Averitt for being debt free at the time and for scratching up enough freight from the good companies that trust us to move their products I never missed a days work. Yeah, I’m pretty happy here!

We should be hearing something about the raise soon.
It was announced towards the end of April last year and started on May 16th.
We received $1.50 and .04 cpm just FYI

I’ve worked here for 27 years. I’ve had zero problems with management. As long as you don’t screw something up, you will hardly ever here from them. I can’t imagine what sort of problems you are having at your Svc.
As you know ever Svs Ctr is operated differently, it’s all about the management at each location, I’ve had good managers and some that make life here a bit frustrating…… btw, we will know about the raises Monday the 18th

We got a good raise for 20,21 and 22
Blue, I was coming to work with you over at Averitt, but they wanted to start me at my worth.
I told him nobody could live on that.
I'm not sure I'd, work with you anymore stopping at every open joint, stirring up hate and discontent on the CB.
You always caused me to run late.
I think that's why I never got a bonus or trophy truck.

Last edited:
Blue, I was coming to work with you over at Averitt, but they wanted to start me at my worth.
I told him nobody could live on that.
I'm not sure I'd, work with you anymore stopping at every open joint, stirring up hate and discontent on the CB.
You always caused me to run late.
I think that's why I never got a bonus or trophy truck.
Seabreeze it's lonely out here, no more joints, no cb chatter. I am glad my longest run is 72 miles. It is really different out here!