Pitt-Ohio | 2022 COLA

4% would be nice, that would bring linehaul to .70 (.699088 to be exact). I’m curious how the recent eliminations of the 3-tier pay rates and 3 year wait for time and a half O/T might impact the decision. I think 4% would be fair when you consider that many drivers, specifically those in the former Zone 1 with 3 or more years of service, did not benefit from either one of those improvements.

0.70 would definitely be nice. Especially since I joined company last year and I’m already at top pay.

However, Dayton Freight pays their drivers already 0.72 BUT they don’t get free insurance.

0.70 would definitely be nice. Especially since I joined company last year and I’m already at top pay.

However, Dayton Freight pays their drivers already 0.72 BUT they don’t get free insurance.
The free health insurance is a generous benefit that needs to be considered when comparing our pay and benefit package to others but on the other hand, it doesn’t benefit all employees equally. A family of 4 with a spouse who is eligible for coverage will see much greater savings than someone like myself with adult children and a working wife who is not eligible for coverage through Pitt Ohio. I don’t know what the “average” family situation is company-wide but for the many of us in my situation it would take only .01-.02 per mile to cover a weekly premium.

4% would be nice, that would bring linehaul to .70 (.699088 to be exact). I’m curious how the recent eliminations of the 3-tier pay rates and 3 year wait for time and a half O/T might impact the decision. I think 4% would be fair when you consider that many drivers, specifically those in the former Zone 1 with 3 or more years of service, did not benefit from either one of those improvements.
You guys really need a Union contract.