ABF | 2022 Raise

trucker1979

TB Lurker
Credits
Is anyone else embarrassed by the raise we will get on July 1st? .0125 a mile. That’s a complete joke. Oh but don’t forget about our big .00125 a mile COLA. All other companies giving 3-5 cents a mile. Hell walmart gave 8.5 cents a mile. With the cost of living going up so much this is a complete joke. We need a BIG raise in 2023 let’s start now by sticking together and not voting yes on a crappy contract.

I’m also tired of hearing “ya but look at our pension and benefits “ I’m tired of hearing that. We are not the only company with good benefits and a retirement. I know our benefits are great, but I’m just fed up.

What are everyone’s thoughts? Be safe

Is anyone else embarrassed by the raise we will get on July 1st? .0125 a mile. That’s a complete joke. Oh but don’t forget about our big .00125 a mile COLA. All other companies giving 3-5 cents a mile. Hell walmart gave 8.5 cents a mile. With the cost of living going up so much this is a complete joke. We need a BIG raise in 2023 let’s start now by sticking together and not voting yes on a crappy contract.

I’m also tired of hearing “ya but look at our pension and benefits “ I’m tired of hearing that. We are not the only company with good benefits and a retirement. I know our benefits are great, but I’m just fed up.

What are everyone’s thoughts? Be safe
I'm in. We should have voted the last one down.

Yup raise is a total insult. But I do like them trying to hire guys and watching them quit or never show up. One guy parked the truck and RAN to his car without telling anyone. Had another guy last week ask about working here, he laughed when I told him the hr wage. Talk about embarrassing. 6 hires, 1 left.

Can’t ABF override the contract? I don’t think they want to negotiate with us so upset. No wonder a 3% bonuses is more or less a guarantee next year. They’re buttering us up.
If you are asking if they could give us a bigger raise the answer is yes.....they won't though.....I voted no on the POS contract and I will again I'm sure, because the company won't do the right thing...btw the last contract my BA was at our barn and told us "the company is giving you a good deal.". I asked how she figured that...." the company says they are only going to average a 98 OR with this contract"....I replied "that's baloney, the company would never knowingly be that generous on the first offer"....

If you are asking if they could give us a bigger raise the answer is yes.....they won't though.....I voted no on the POS contract and I will again I'm sure, because the company won't do the right thing...btw the last contract my BA was at our barn and told us "the company is giving you a good deal.". I asked how she figured that...." the company says they are only going to average a 98 OR with this contract"....I replied "that's baloney, the company would never knowingly be that generous on the first offer"....
My son is a RN, when their contract was up the company offered 3%, after it was all said and done they got 18%. The companies have the money, they just want to keep it.

I also voted no on the last contract as well as every contract offered since I have worked here. When the 1998 contract was offered, a wise older Teamster told me to vote “No” for that contract. When I asked him why, his explanation stuck with me ever since. He said, “think of it as if you were buying a car. Do you accept the first offer made by the salesman or do you negotiate for a better deal?”

I also voted no on the last contract as well as every contract offered since I have worked here. When the 1998 contract was offered, a wise older Teamster told me to vote “No” for that contract. When I asked him why, his explanation stuck with me ever since. He said, “think of it as if you were buying a car. Do you accept the first offer made by the salesman or do you negotiate for a better deal?”
I agree 100% the problem is I can’t believe how many teamsters fall for their bs they give us at contract time. Like everyone thinking yrc will buy us. Lmfao at least we got our vacation back that should have never been taken away to begin with. It’s a strike vote it was the first vote. That’s the best we can do. come on guys get your head out of your ass and wake up. We as teamsters have the upper hand. They can’t find drivers! They need us!

I agree 100% the problem is I can’t believe how many teamsters fall for their bs they give us at contract time. Like everyone thinking yrc will buy us. Lmfao at least we got our vacation back that should have never been taken away to begin with. It’s a strike vote it was the first vote. That’s the best we can do. come on guys get your head out of your ass and wake up. We as teamsters have the upper hand. They can’t find drivers! They need us!
Its funny how they have the sob stories at contract time...when you watch managers and supervisors working 35 hours a week, making really good money, and getting unbelievable bonuses....I just hope guys understand that we are getting screwed in comparison...

Its funny how they have the sob stories at contract time...when you watch managers and supervisors working 35 hours a week, making really good money, and getting unbelievable bonuses....I just hope guys understand that we are getting screwed in comparison...
Bingo!, This company has way too much mgmt and way too many terminals for the amount of frt they handle. We have 3 supervisors and a tm for 20 guys at 049. Complete waste of money