ABF | 2022 Raise

We have 4 office people 6 guys on the street,figure that one out
We have 4 office and 10 drivers....when I was with Roadway we had 13 drivers, 1 supervisor on site, a terminal manager that ran 3 terminals (not domiciled at mine) 2 dispatchers for the three terminals...drivers imaged their bills and loaded outbound all without supervision....don't know how we did it without a lot of management... LMAO

I also voted no on the last contract as well as every contract offered since I have worked here. When the 1998 contract was offered, a wise older Teamster told me to vote “No” for that contract. When I asked him why, his explanation stuck with me ever since. He said, “think of it as if you were buying a car. Do you accept the first offer made by the salesman or do you negotiate for a better deal?”
Sound advice and I also have voted NO. But I see the situation differently than buying a car. I see contract votes as members of society paying trusted negotiators to deal fairly on our behalf and then having them lie to us.

Something more like paying a realtor to negotiate for a house, or a financial advisor to advise you on retirement finances, or an attorney to help with IRS or Social Security benefits; then finding out that those you paid lied to you.

In my opinion, these disastrous contract negotiations are only partially our fault. We contracted disreputable people to advise us.

Is anyone else embarrassed by the raise we will get on July 1st? .0125 a mile. That’s a complete joke. Oh but don’t forget about our big .00125 a mile COLA. All other companies giving 3-5 cents a mile. Hell walmart gave 8.5 cents a mile. With the cost of living going up so much this is a complete joke. We need a BIG raise in 2023 let’s start now by sticking together and not voting yes on a crappy contract.

I’m also tired of hearing “ya but look at our pension and benefits “ I’m tired of hearing that. We are not the only company with good benefits and a retirement. I know our benefits are great, but I’m just fed up.

What are everyone’s thoughts? Be safe
The Problem was we where e hoodwinked by the Ernie and his Hoffa appointed Freight Panel let's hope The OZ Slate lives up to it's promises and that John Murphy our New National Freight Director appoints qualified regional directors ( and doesn't play political game that Hoffa played) that have experience and knowledge to benefit us not only at the bargaining table but at the grievance panels. We currently have Agents sitting on Grievance panels making decisions that have never work under a freight contract some don't even hold a Class A CDL. They don't know the difference between a 5th wheel and a steering wheel or and ELD VS A LED. If The OZ Slate doesn't stop how Hoffa played the political game and give US the members the best QAULIFIED TEAMSTERS into these positions well then I guess we've been hoodwinked AGAIN

We have 4 office and 10 drivers....when I was with Roadway we had 13 drivers, 1 supervisor on site, a terminal manager that ran 3 terminals (not domiciled at mine) 2 dispatchers for the three terminals...drivers imaged their bills and loaded outbound all without supervision....don't know how we did it without a lot of management... LMAO
Was your TM"s name paul @ Roadway?

Just curious. Lot of you guys been here much longer than I have. I’ve only been here 8 years but votes no on last contract as the raises were horrible. Do you feel like with new leadership in IBT we stand a better chance of getting actual raises instead of scraps tossed at us?

Just curious. Lot of you guys been here much longer than I have. I’ve only been here 8 years but votes no on last contract as the raises were horrible. Do you feel like with new leadership in IBT we stand a better chance of getting actual raises instead of scraps tossed at us?
Can't be any worse, can it? Honestly I think they will do better, but its only a guess...

They can't hire drivers now. If they don't fix the pay good luck in the future.

It's a good point. That COLA cap may be in the contract, but they'd really better go above that, or...good luck.
Sound advice and I also have voted NO. But I see the situation differently than buying a car. I see contract votes as members of society paying trusted negotiators to deal fairly on our behalf and then having them lie to us.

Something more like paying a realtor to negotiate for a house, or a financial advisor to advise you on retirement finances, or an attorney to help with IRS or Social Security benefits; then finding out that those you paid lied to you.

In my opinion, these disastrous contract negotiations are only partially our fault. We contracted disreputable people to advise us.
I am now retired from ABF I preached to the junior men to vote no especially when they offered a signing bounus If we had gotten just 10 cents an hour more yearly instead of the signing bonus think of where you would now Yes the COLA cap was a complete disaster Never vote for the first offer hopefully O'Brien does much better for you all

I am now retired from ABF I preached to the junior men to vote no especially when they offered a signing bounus If we had gotten just 10 cents an hour more yearly instead of the signing bonus think of where you would now Yes the COLA cap was a complete disaster Never vote for the first offer hopefully O'Brien does much better for you all
I'm just watching as a supportive former employee, much as I also do with Yellow.

I KNOW how hard ABF works everyone, and I just want what's best for you guys.