TForce | 2023 Contract negotiations.

If a road driver wanted to be a a P&D driver he should do his time in the city and vice versa. Idk about your barn but ours bids 4 to 5 times a year. A driver deserves stability many simply can't switch due to family obligations.
Yep, if you have seniority, you should be able to use same.

TP, I'm going off of the proposal Noport mentioned, and it was for 1 bid a year.
Thats the only way it would work. If we bid like we bid now, something like that would never pass.

We have bids every 6 months, plus the bump bids, and rebids. So im sure its the same as your terminal.

Hell no to one line seniority thats how you end up with damn snowbirds. The only people who benefit at all are the very top drivers everyone else gets screwed
Preston Trucking, West Middlesex, had a single seniority board. Once a year we had a full barn bid where you could bid on any job posted for which you qualified. At the end of that annual bid, you were either road or local until the next yearly bid. Essentially creating two seniority boards for the next 12 months.

our New England Terminals have/had a single board seniority MOU. Maybe one of the fellas from there will enlighten us on how it went for Them.

Primo triple time rate begining Friday at 2PM in the city.
No more cutting into weekends for lazy incompetent corporate bosses trying to meet their numbers only on Fridays and the end of the quarter.
Every weekend needs compensation for city drivers who must work late and shorten their weekend every single Friday.
Let them figure out how to manage all week and all month. Not just one day per week and a few days at the end of month and quarter.

Let LTKLS start a primo rate for that for lackadaisical customer management to pay.
They stand impatiently at time clock while we have to keep going late for them. And tons of them do it every time.
Pay up for that time.

our New England Terminals have/had a single board seniority MOU. Maybe one of the fellas from there will enlighten us on how it went for Them.
I doubt it will ever happen. The local cartage board would be against it. There is no gain for them, only potential lose.

Hell no to one line seniority thats how you end up with damn snowbirds. The only people who benefit at all are the very top drivers everyone else gets screwed
I agree 100%. I highly doubt this will ever make it into any contact at the national level. It only benefits road drivers, many of which have more company seniority, we all took our positions based on the rules in place in 2008. I doubt management would ever entertain the idea .

I agree 100%. I highly doubt this will ever make it into any contact at the national level. It only benefits road drivers, many of which have more company seniority, we all took our positions based on the rules in place in 2008. I doubt management would ever entertain the idea .
They have kicked it around in the past. The productivity of a road driver forced to do P&D would be interesting to see. There is a safety aspect to it also, if I worked nights for say 3 years and suddenly had to work days I would be less than at my best attention level. Same with a P&D that has worked days for 10 or more years, takes a while to adjust.
I've been off for 18 months and still feel the effects or 20+ years of night work.

Whoever were on these boards back when we did the card check, there was a major debate about Single board seniority. I was against it, and made it clear and got stomped on.

At that time my fear was all the 20+ year fulltime dockworkers would get their CDL and bump everyone.

P&D drivers had to eat excrement pie and pay their dues doing local work, road drivers had to do the same with a different piece of pie. I personally prefer 2 boards. It makes for a safer more productive group and a better home life for all especially the guys with little seniority. I've got 20 years in but we all need not only to think about ourselves but those below us and the ones who'll come behind us when we're gone. We need to be TEAMsters nor mesters.

P&D drivers had to eat excrement pie and pay their dues doing local work, road drivers had to do the same with a different piece of pie. I personally prefer 2 boards. It makes for a safer more productive group and a better home life for all especially the guys with little seniority. I've got 20 years in but we all need not only to think about ourselves but those below us and the ones who'll come behind us when we're gone. We need to be TEAMsters nor mesters.
Ive got that plus, but ive also got some time in Union foodservice. When i first got hired in the foodservice company, the stewards had a meeting with me after the hiring interview.

They laid out exactly what was expected of a closed shop union employee. i got the Rat talk, the brotherhood talk, and the before you talk to management talk. As far as i have seen, at three terminals, no steward has any type of talk or initiation into a Union position.

Maybe thats where we need to start.

The local and the union as a whole are only as strong as the members, its the same with stewards.
Twenty year member of local 406 is why I’m not a fan of IBT. My kid got a city (office) job, BA was there his first day to meet with him. “Question? Call me. Issue? Call me. Idea? Call me. Don’t say a word without calling me.” That kind of support I can get behind.

Ive got that plus, but ive also got some time in Union foodservice. When i first got hired in the foodservice company, the stewards had a meeting with me after the hiring interview.

They laid out exactly what was expected of a closed shop union employee. i got the Rat talk, the brotherhood talk, and the before you talk to management talk. As far as i have seen, at three terminals, no steward has any type of talk or initiation into a Union position.

Maybe thats where we need to start.
The key word is "closed shop". Very few states allow closed shop anymore, the "right to work" {for less} states make that type of orientation illegal. Unfortunately, as a Steward you almost have to treat those who choose to reap the rewards of the contracts without the cost of joining the Union at least as well as members and sometimes better. The NLRB and state Industrial Commission look carefully at those issues.
I got the "talk" when I was first a Union member years ago. Rember it well.

Whoever were on these boards back when we did the card check, there was a major debate about Single board seniority. I was against it, and made it clear and got stomped on.

At that time my fear was all the 20+ year fulltime dockworkers would get their CDL and bump everyone.

If you worked in the middle of the night in freezing cold for 20 years, you DESERVE to be able to bump drivers with less seniority. Just my opinion.

Anyways, back to the 2 board vs. 1 board:

i actually prefer a 1 board for all drivers. One of the problems i do see with this is: Let's say a road driver wants to come back to city. If nobody takes the road run s/he gave up, then doesn't the bottom person have to take the road run irregardless?

2) But this is similar to, let's a say a NEW road run opens up, but nobody volunteers for it. Then, doesn't the bottom person have to take it?

i know it's in the book, but i'm too tired to read it right now.

Well, in a 2 board seniority, obviously you don't deserve it... no matter how freezing it is.

Im from the old school though, become a city driver first... then after a few years become a Line Driver.

If you worked in the middle of the night in freezing cold for 20 years, you DESERVE to be able to bump drivers with less seniority. Just my opinion.
There's a flipside to everything......in a classification barn you pass on a job opportunity 20 times when asked first per your seniority, accruing zero service time on said job with 20 junior guys taking said job accruing service time and driving thru weather and now Mr. senior empty nester or whatever is going on in there life should be able to take it away and disrupt 20 guys life who did the job? Sorry I totally disagree. I am a senior guy and would never think to jump guys on something I passed on when asked first. This is what union seniority gives you....a choice with no mulligan to jump guys down the road on whatever you passed on. Seniority is not a entitlement to change your mind and start at the top of different classifications you so desire and IMHO good union brothers understand that's how the cookie crumbles and don't bitch over it while the ME FIRST crowd constantly does and want to change the rules now. Borderline non-union mentality to me.