TForce | 2023 Contract negotiations.

Crumudgeon

Guru of the Gobblydeguk Constitutionalist
PREMIUM
Credits
In a little over a year contract time will be upon TFI employees.
What would you like to see?
What do you think will be the Company's position?
The Company needs to hear from you.
Let's throw up a starter outline. Add and comment as you see fit.

NON NEGOTIABLE
.07 cents per mile
.02 per year not split,
$3 per hour increase for all full or part time.
.75 per hour increase yearly
No reduction in benefits, medical dental , vacation , retirement ect.
No increase in copays, or deductibles

NON NEGOTIABLE
.07 cents per mile
.02 per year not split,
Old retired guy with my 2 Cents, Company does not to hear from you, always a chance you could end up with more than your looking for, give proposals to the union, let them do the negotiations, never let the company know what you really want

I was curious about your current contract, so I went to the Teamster website to look at it. Do you guys all work under the Master Contract only? There are no supplemental agreements that I could find on the Teamster site.
No NMFC, a Company specific contract. No supplementals, a few clauses in the memorandum but nothing much. That was our third contract, pretty sad. That was a divide and overcome deal. It was soundly rejected at the first vote, then they cleared out our system and nobody worked for a week or so. As I collected the votes that day I could sense the fear most had that their "pretty good" job was in the balance.

Last edited:
Old retired guy with my 2 Cents, Company does not to hear from you, always a chance you could end up with more than your looking for, give proposals to the union, let them do the negotiations, never let the company know what you really want
I'm a recently retired guy, and if I can kick-start this somehow I will. The Union negotiator didn't seem to interested in what we had to say, I was in on the Conference calls, submitted proposals, went to all the meetings.
This is a much more powerful way to get your feelings out. Management reads these posts daily. I can take any heat they got.
We/they need to be heard.

No NMFC, a Company specific contract. No supplementals, a few clauses in the memorandum but nothing much. That was our third contract, pretty sad. That was a divide and overcome deal. It was soundly rejected at the first vote, then they cleared out our system and nobody worked for a week or so. As I collected the votes that day I could sense the fear most had that their "pretty good" job was in the balance.
Thank you for your response Crumudgeon. While I was looking over your contract, I noticed several differences between your contract and the ABF contract that I work under. Like 7th day work being paid at time-and-one-half instead of double-time and eight paid holiday’s instead of ten. We have a contract proposals thread going on the ABF forum as well. You guys feel free to use anything you see that I have put on the ABF site. As I look thru your contract, there will probably be some things that I will cherry pick and propose on our contract as well brother. My point being, we all need to help each other out to get the best possible contract for both T-Force and ABF in 2023.

Last edited:
There was no fear, just plain fact. Ups had closed the doors and was only waiting to put the locks on.
If this fire sale to TFI hasn't proved that fact once and for all, then I don't know what would.
Ups purchased a company for 1.25 billion,
grew it in size by 30% at least, and then sold it for 800 million.

There was no fear, just plain fact. Ups had closed the doors and was only waiting to put the locks on.
If this fire sale to TFI hasn't proved that fact once and for all, then I don't know what would.
Ups purchased a company for 1.25 billion,
grew it in size by 30% at least, and then sold it for 800 million.
True, they were looking for a way to get out of the mess they created. Some still say they were bluffing; I don't think so. They found a way to save face with the sale. The trucking world would have had a field day if "the tightest ship in the shipping industry" failed at a trucking company.

True, they were looking for a way to get out of the mess they created. Some still say they were bluffing; I don't think so. They found a way to save face with the sale. The trucking world would have had a field day if "the tightest ship in the shipping industry" failed at a trucking company.
Anyone who thinks they were bluffing, is either a fool or delusional.

1) We are going to have to raise pay:
a) We can't find any drivers.......

b) We're not the top paying company anymore.......

2) Did you notice/maybe it's my imagination........but are the pallets getting heavier? Now, brother Crum has recently retired, and maybe for a while shipment weights stayed consistent, but recently i feel that the pallets are getting heaver. A lot more 2000lb+ pallets. 2500-3000 is not unheard of......

Do you think the company gives a crap about your back? Your health?

a) Electric jacks or power jacks.

b) or limit/don't pick up heavy a$$ shipments.

i thought the osha limit for pallets is 600lbs?

3) It's actually getting better with the new KW's and Liners, so maybe this is becoming a non-issue?

Did you notice how LOUD it is inside some of these trucks (like volvo.....). Bad to non-existent sound proofing. Bad to non-existent insulation in general-----it gets hot AF.

Again, refer to #2 above: Do you think the company gives a crap about your health/your hearing?

For me, it's not just the money. In fact, my main concerns ARE NOT money....

NON NEGOTIABLE
.07 cents per mile
.02 per year not split,
Your wish list is laughable, especially regarding healthcare/benefits. Non union folks saw cost per paycheck go up 8 fold and you think you are untouchable? Get ready to strike bro. TForce cannot afford to keep benefit package where it was under UPS. Profit is being inflated to make stock price go up. This is all a house of cards, get ready.

Your wish list is laughable, especially regarding healthcare/benefits. Non union folks saw cost per paycheck go up 8 fold and you think you are untouchable? Get ready to strike bro. TForce cannot afford to keep benefit package where it was under UPS. Profit is being inflated to make stock price go up. This is all a house of cards, get ready.
Why should anyone listen to you?
You don't even work for TFI.
What company do you work for anyway?

1) We are going to have to raise pay:
a) We can't find any drivers.......

b) We're not the top paying company anymore.......

2) Did you notice/maybe it's my imagination........but are the pallets getting heavier? Now, brother Crum has recently retired, and maybe for a while shipment weights stayed consistent, but recently i feel that the pallets are getting heaver. A lot more 2000lb+ pallets. 2500-3000 is not unheard of......

Do you think the company gives a crap about your back? Your health?

a) Electric jacks or power jacks.

b) or limit/don't pick up heavy a$$ shipments.

i thought the osha limit for pallets is 600lbs?

3) It's actually getting better with the new KW's and Liners, so maybe this is becoming a non-issue?

Did you notice how LOUD it is inside some of these trucks (like volvo.....). Bad to non-existent sound proofing. Bad to non-existent insulation in general-----it gets hot AF.

Again, refer to #2 above: Do you think the company gives a crap about your health/your hearing?

For me, it's not just the money. In fact, my main concerns ARE NOT money....
Ah Max, the Union cannot specify what freight you handle, but the safe handling of said freight is addressed. For the umpteenth time that is addressed in the TFI published tariffs. It specifies weight restrictions as to what the driver must do and what the consignee is required to provide. That is their own written policies, there are bring-back slips with "no way to unload", customers fault. Don't be afraid to use them.
Many moons ago I had a steel mill on my city route, they would get pallets of fire brick well north of 3000#. We were non-union, they were Union and offered no assistance. I feel the effects every morning when I get up. Years of driving has cost me some part of my hearing also. The trucks today are quiet compared to what we used to run, those flat-back Macks were brutal, and no A.C. If one is unusually loud there is an exhaust problem, red-tag it.
You only get one body, be smart with it.