TForce | 2023 Contract negotiations.

Those macks we're brutal. 5 speed, no power steering, no a/c, but they did go well over 80 mph.
I didn’t see this… anyone seen, heard of, or driven a White Expediter?

2 axle tractor made out of a trash truck, the seat had no up or down movement due to it being solid mounted on the front wheel well… 5 speed non turbo maybe 200 hp cummins, with a rain cap and an air horn that sounded like Casey Jr was a commin’.

There was no fear, just plain fact. Ups had closed the doors and was only waiting to put the locks on.
If this fire sale to TFI hasn't proved that fact once and for all, then I don't know what would.
Ups purchased a company for 1.25 billion,
grew it in size by 30% at least, and then sold it for 800 million.
I'll be honest, I thought it was a bluff, and that you guys should have kept fighting.

Knowing what I know now, you guys would have probably been out of jobs. I had it all wrong.

Then why don’t you enlighten the good people of TForce what they are in store for regarding healthcare cost as you seem to know. You forget one thing. Hoffa no longer runs the Teamsters. There is a new sheriff in town. I doubt O’Brien and team will force a contract on the members like Hoffa did. And I doubt TForce will be willing to allow a strike after just purchasing UPS Freight. They may have bought them below market value, but I doubt they would be willing to risk losing their $800 million investment this early on.
a little enlightenment on the financial numbers. TFI paid 800 million but they then had UPS give them back appx 453 million which funds the union package through the end of the current contract. So net cost was about 350 million out of pocket. TFI could fold the company tomorrow and sell the properties to Matthew Maroun ( Central Transport/ Universal) for more than what they paid for the company. Non union employees saw their healthcare costs go up eight-fold starting 1/1/2022. You guys **** and moan up a storm while non union competitors eat your lunch. You guys have pensions and the best healthcare in the industry yet you bitch and moan like a bunch of sissies who didn't get invited to the prom. The only union LTL carrier ( in the USA) lined up for a successful future is ABF. They've learned how to become a premium carrier with the best freight handling ( lowest claims) in the business. And the pricing they get paid for hauling their freight is far higher than the rates TForce and Yellow charge.

a little enlightenment on the financial numbers. TFI paid 800 million but they then had UPS give them back appx 453 million which funds the union package through the end of the current contract. So net cost was about 350 million out of pocket. TFI could fold the company tomorrow and sell the properties to Matthew Maroun ( Central Transport/ Universal) for more than what they paid for the company. Non union employees saw their healthcare costs go up eight-fold starting 1/1/2022. You guys **** and moan up a storm while non union competitors eat your lunch. You guys have pensions and the best healthcare in the industry yet you bitch and moan like a bunch of sissies who didn't get invited to the prom. The only union LTL carrier ( in the USA) lined up for a successful future is ABF. They've learned how to become a premium carrier with the best freight handling ( lowest claims) in the business. And the pricing they get paid for hauling their freight is far higher than the rates TForce and Yellow charge.
Post your data from your sources. Otherwise, you are a troll, nothing more.
I spoke with our non union employees, which is management. There healthcare do not increase 8 fold, so you are a liar.I don't even know if you realize how stupid that claim is, by that metric if a person was paying $400 a month in coinsurance for the healthcare package, they now pay $3200 a month. That is $38400 per year.
When all is said and done, you don't work at this company, you just post on this forum to be a dick.

Just so you know, I work for ABF there Einstein. The Operating Ratio for 2021 was less than a one point difference between ABF and TFI if I remember correctly. And I am like No Port about the cost of the healthcare going up ”eight fold” for the non-union employees. I want to see the numbers backing up your claim. Otherwise, as No Port has already stated, your are nothing more than a troll.

Post your data from your sources. Otherwise, you are a troll, nothing more.
I spoke with our non union employees, which is management. There healthcare do not increase 8 fold, so you are a liar.I don't even know if you realize how stupid that claim is, by that metric if a person was paying $400 a month in coinsurance for the healthcare package, they now pay $3200 a month. That is $38400 per year.
When all is said and done, you don't work at this company, you just post on this forum to be a dick.
WOW, Tell him to put that in his pipe and smoke it!

I'm glad you like ABF now, but it wasn't long ago you said this..... I think the term Troll is appropriate. https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/posts/1693747/

stunhisf, you said you are non-union and said you are leaving this **** show... Are you management?
no, I am not management. Nor have I ever been a manager over union employees. Doesn't mean I didn't have daily interaction with them or see what is going on.

WOW, Tell him to put that in his pipe and smoke it!
if you select long term and short term disability it goes up 8 fold. That is a fact. The company only pays 50% of the short term disability and ZERO percent long term. Those two selections alone cost 100 dollars per paycheck. Under UPS and 24 pay periods, paycheck deduction for healthcare was $20.81, at T-Force it went to $195.00 per pay period at 26 pay periods. Gets your facts straight boys!

Last edited:
if you select long term and short term disability it goes up 8 fold. That is a fact. The company only pays 50% of the short term disability and ZERO percent long term. Those two selections alone cost 100 dollars per paycheck. Under UPS and 24 pay periods, paycheck deduction for healthcare was $20.81, at T-Force it went to $195.00 per pay period at 26 pay periods. Gets your facts straight boys!
That explains while management don't seem to give a crap.

Sounds to me like you need to sign a card and join the union so we don’t have to hear you “b**** and moan” about how bad you have it. Maybe you should contact Razorblade here on TruckingBoards about organizing. I am sure he can bring the cost down for you on your benefits and reduce your earnings at the same time. LOL!!!
On a serious note though, this helps to prove the power of Union representation. As a non-union employee, you are at the mercy of the employer. As a Union employee, you have the Union fighting for you.

Last edited:
no, I am not management. Nor have I ever been a manager over union employees. Doesn't mean I didn't have daily interaction with them or see what is going on.
Then what are you? since Office staff is under a contract... Truckload? Janitor?

It kinda sounds like the issues of healthcare for whatever non union position you are or aren't in, (Who knows) you are placing/blaming that issue on the Bargaining Unit.
a little enlightenment on the financial numbers. TFI paid 800 million but they then had UPS give them back appx 453 million which funds the union package through the end of the current contract. So net cost was about 350 million out of pocket. TFI could fold the company tomorrow and sell the properties to Matthew Maroun ( Central Transport/ Universal) for more than what they paid for the company. Non union employees saw their healthcare costs go up eight-fold starting 1/1/2022. You guys **** and moan up a storm while non union competitors eat your lunch. You guys have pensions and the best healthcare in the industry yet you bitch and moan like a bunch of sissies who didn't get invited to the prom.

The long term disability is an elective.
The cost did go up for all employees, if you choose it.
Ups covered garbage at 5 bucks per week.
The new coverage cost is $20 bucks a week, but the benefit is actually very good, and required no medical exams.
Ups covered 500 per week for 5 years. The income is taxable.
T force pays 60% of gross weekly earnings, up to 65 years old. And it in tax free.

Non union employees saw their healthcare costs go up eight-fold starting 1/1/2022.

Disability is an elective benefit. It isn't part of medical coverage.
You can't add it to the cost of medical. Life insurance is an elective.
Just in case you did know the difference.
Our union has no involvement in electives.
So you didn't see an 8 fold increase in medical. Electives changed for everyone.
You don't like the cost? Go to the open free market.

Non union employees saw their healthcare costs go up eight-fold starting 1/1/2022.

Disability is an elective benefit. It isn't part of medical coverage.
You can't add it to the cost of medical. Life insurance is an elective.
Just in case you did know the difference.
Our union has no involvement in electives.
So you didn't see an 8 fold increase in medical. Electives changed for everyone.
You don't like the cost? Go to the open free market.
any moron knows the difference bro. BTW, under UPS both short and long term disability were fully paid for. Any half brained responsible person with a family knows you need to be protected. Because of this, costs to get the same coverage for medical and other coverage went up 8 fold. That means non union folks took a massive pay cut to keep the same benefit package. I moved on because of this and went to greener pastures.

I did work at CT, they suck but pay big $, most recently with UPS Freight/ T-Force. What i wrote above is factual and accurate, you guys have no clue what Alain has in store for you regarding shared burden for healthcare costs. I can promise you TFI ain't going to offer you the same generous contract you recently got from UPS. You don't work for money bags UPS anymore, you now work for a company looking for every dime under the couch cushion.
So,are you paid to troll ? We’re well aware of what Alain is going to do. He’s going to negotiate tough. We never got a generous contract from UPS ! BTW, UPS was/is always searching for money under the cushions. They just thought they could run LTL like they do the package business. Flawed logic, because we NEVER had the corner on the LTL market that UPS does with parcels ! You have no other purpose for posting on this board other than to troll, and sow the seeds of doubt and discontent. You don’t work for TForce, nor are you a union member. BTW, I personally know the former #1 CT driver in my hometown, he now works for TForce ! Said he made more as a low man here than top man at ct ! If I could buy you for what you know and sell you for what you think you know I’d be richer than Musk and Bezos combined !

A paid troll whos biggest concern is what non union employees pay for their benefits. If we don't get at least 7cpm and $3 per hour day 1 they can expect a mass exodus. No increase in benefit cost and no reduction in our benefits package. 2cpm and an additional .75 per hour per year over the life of the contract. Also the pension should go to $150 pee year of service.

Oh so you are/were mgt. 26 pay periods statement gave you away. TROLL ALERT ! There is a reason that the drivers and dock workers make MORE than the mgt. You’re so dumb you thought the previous CBA was “generous” ! It was a slap in the face. UPS got a major tax cut and still refused to share the wealth ! Don’t think Bedard is trying to sell the empire the the morons…I mean Morouns’. He’ll negotiate tough and I believe the IBT will be too. O’Brian said the days of the sweetheart deals are over. That may be lip service for later but, they are going to negotiate good contracts their first term in office.

A paid troll whos biggest concern is what non union employees pay for their benefits. If we don't get at least 7cpm and $3 per hour day 1 they can expect a mass exodus. No increase in benefit cost and no reduction in our benefits package. 2cpm and an additional .75 per hour per year over the life of the contract. Also the pension should go to $150 pee year of service.
It took 2 lousy 5-year contracts to run our pay scale to where it is now and even then it still is near the top in total benefit package. To think we can recoup all that ground in payscale/cpm/pension in the initial contract negotiations with new owners with no change in medical is a pipe dream. We can start there, but to plant your flag on this is foolish and would not be a good approach. Now I am in agreement with not one inch backwards with the goal to get a good compensation building back contract and maybe go with 3 years instead of 5.
Those that want/expect Bedard to bend over and empty his pockets to correct the sins of the past 2 UPS contracts might as well leave now if that is what you need to stay. Bedard seems to have a huge ego. The less we talk about the past and UPS with Bedard the better he will feel about the future with union labor. We can't burden these talks with the UPS past, negotiate a clean fair day one contract that builds us back. A good contract is when both sides feel that they got most of what they wanted but not everything with neither caving into the other. I believe it was Teddy Roosevelt who said "Speak softly,but carry a big stick".....my chosen approach and IMHO of course.