ABF | 2023 Contract Proposals

Homesick

Cricket, the best bog ever!
I know it is still a little early for the 2023 Contract Proposals, but I figured we could use the Trucking Boards platform to post what we have or what we would like have or change. Hopefully, the OZ slate has someone that reads these boards and they will get an idea of what we would like to see changed. I will start off posting two of the thirty-five proposals that I have come up with so far

HourlyMileage-Rates9c4f58570363b351.md.png

Dock-Casual-Rates7022d05524db4a0b.md.png
Last Monday an ATL road driver (Leonard Nickels) asked me if I had seen this proposal. I asked him where he got it. He said it is hanging in the Miami terminal. I just wanted to share that your proposals are getting around. Great job!

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
The way that guys who are injured are paid might need some looking at.
Maybe it's different by company or state laws.
But contractually I think it would be a good idea to make sure when a guy gets injured that he loses none of his current earnings.
Meaning if he was working 57 hours/week average. He should be taking home the same on comp until he is healed up.
He shouldn't suffer financially one bit for being injured. Not one bit. Not for one day.
We have mostly guys over 50 at our terminal injuries happen. Only a couple guys are under 50 who drive.
No 40 hours pay nonsense or whatever it is.
I don't think they make what they do if they were working.

slavenomore

Premium
I'm not ABF. But I see the UPS contract or another was cited.
So it's good to watch others.

What I see happening, and do not have an inside scoop, is the industry heading towards automation.
I figure Interstates will be first to be able to use it.
That means road/line haul drivers jobs will begin to wane off.

At NPME the Utility Driver was brought in a YRC contract and we were told they wouldn't do that at New Penn.
Over time areas were shifted. Some gained. Some lost. And then came the UE/utility employee bids.

The road board reduced.
Replaced with UE.
Its happening in the West now if you see YRC COO threads.

It became Yellows system. Not NPME system.
And will continue across the country.
Other companies will follow if they havent already put UE 'S in.

Which is why I site looking at workers comp and employees should not lose cash.
The whole injury thing needs watching.
They have to know average driver ages. And injury rates and percentages.
They only seek profits.
They're probably banking on injuries as older drivers who may never have even touched a dock w will be put to UE jobs.

So we must look out for each other on this injury situation.

Steward of the Rock

He is one of the most professional, articulate union men on here....he has been helpful to me on more than one occasion... A good friend....
Your not just saying that to stay in Puddin’s good graces are you? LOL
All kidding aside, Thank you Slave and 381 for the kind words. And Slave you are right. We do all need to stick together as ABF, T-Force, and Yellow all have contracts coming up within a year or so of each other. As I have stated before, if you see any proposals that I have posted that can help with your contract negotiations, feel free to use them brothers.

slavenomore

Premium
I'm not ABF. But I see the UPS contract or another was cited.
So it's good to watch others.

What I see happening, and do not have an inside scoop, is the industry heading towards automation.
I figure Interstates will be first to be able to use it.
That means road/line haul drivers jobs will begin to wane off.

At NPME the Utility Driver was brought in a YRC contract and we were told they wouldn't do that at New Penn.
Over time areas were shifted. Some gained. Some lost. And then came the UE/utility employee bids.

The road board reduced.
Replaced with UE.
Its happening in the West now if you see YRC COO threads.

It became Yellows system. Not NPME system.
And will continue across the country.
Other companies will follow if they havent already put UE 'S in.

Which is why I site looking at workers comp and employees should not lose cash.
The whole injury thing needs watching.
They have to know average driver ages. And injury rates and percentages.
They only seek profits.
They're probably banking on injuries as older drivers who may never have even touched a dock w will be put to UE jobs.

So we must look out for each other on this injury situation.
I don't mean banking on injuries as if the companies would want injuries or want to injure anybody. But they have bean counters and know they'll have injuries if my thoughts on automation and reduction of road is the goal.
Either way, the replacement of road with UE, will bring injuries, alot of injuries especially to guys above 50 which I would think many road drivers are.

And if a long term goal is to reduce road and replace with automation, it will reduce Teamster numbers. Therefore it might even be a wider choice to make each injury caused by " forced" switch from road to UE maybe should cost the company a whole lot more than just the normal comp time or claim.
Because they know that their will be more injuries from statistics.

Steward of the Rock

I don't mean banking on injuries as if the companies would want injuries or want to injure anybody. But they have bean counters and know they'll have injuries if my thoughts on automation and reduction of road is the goal.
Either way, the replacement of road with UE, will bring injuries, alot of injuries especially to guys above 50 which I would think many road drivers are.

And if a long term goal is to reduce road and replace with automation, it will reduce Teamster numbers. Therefore it might even be a wider choice to make each injury caused by " forced" switch from road to UE maybe should cost the company a whole lot more than just the normal comp time or claim.
Because they know that their will be more injuries from statistics.
Slave, this is the best that I could come up with for the Modified Work pay. Bear in mind that each state sets their own Workers Comp rules and this is not subject to contract language. The amount that the employer pays to compensate the employee for “Modified Work” is subject to contract language.

Article-14-Modified-Work.md.png

LTLAnonymous

*Line haul* was never allowed to be paid per hour due to the lack of proof of hours you worked per day. (Especially the ones after 8 hours)
The ELD has changed that right to the second. There is zero excuse to be paid per mile anymore. It’s a very unfair practice that could be remedied very easy. Unfortunately it’s been swept under the carpet. I think it’s worth bringing up to the surface
I'm linehaul for Brown. I'm paid hourly for most runs, and mileage runs are considered "premium," which is why we have such an eye-popping mileage rate. They pay that to the SENIOR guys who have the stripes to hold those runs.

Being paid hourly has made me beyond laid-back in traffic. Downright gentlemanly.

Jaloc

Addendum D section at the back of the Master contract needs the language updated for the Health&Welfare as well as Pension contribution increases. This is what I have come up with so far.

BD8CB8A9-E0D6-431B-B1A9-A531331C6DF2.md.png 0FC243F5-9504-474B-8074-DEE2C40EC5B4.md.png
Don't allow this freezing the pension contribution rate crap. The pension should have never been cut at Yellow too. UPS wants to get rid of pensions too they already got rid of it for their non-union company employees.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But we have to pay the server bill every month. 

Please disable your AdBlocker.

For Advertisement Free Viewing,Login and select "Account Upgrades" by clicking on your name at the top right of the page.

I've Disabled AdBlock