ABF | 2023 Contract Proposals

Steward of the Rock

TB Veteran
Credits
I know it is still a little early for the 2023 Contract Proposals, but I figured we could use the Trucking Boards platform to post what we have or what we would like have or change. Hopefully, the OZ slate has someone that reads these boards and they will get an idea of what we would like to see changed. I will start off posting two of the thirty-five proposals that I have come up with so far

HourlyMileage-Rates9c4f58570363b351.md.png

Dock-Casual-Rates7022d05524db4a0b.md.png

I did not want to get too carried away with it, so I proposed seven paid sick days As opposed to the five that we currently get. But I can easily change the request to more.

Paid-Sick-Leave-Master.md.png
You might be able to get that also. Under New York state law we have gotten 56 hours every year for a couple of years....it would only be fair for all brothers to be treated equally. On a different note I see you underlined hostler in another post....Good thinking as you wouldn't want them seeing Bertha in there with you.....

It's sad that so many workers are anti-union. The only way we in the industry will get wages and benefits raised is if we all collectively fight for them. Think about it. Workers from company "A" fight for better pay. Company "A" is reluctant to pay more because it would put them at a cost disadvantage compared to the other companies in the industry. Same thing if workers at company "B" ask for more. However, if workers from most all companies in the industry together fight for better wages the higher wages would apply across all companies evenly and the resistance would be lessened. This is why back in the day when most all companies were unionized the National Master Freight Agreement was so successful. The higher worker pay didn't put any one company at a cost disadvantage compared to the others since the higher pay was implemented across the board. No doubt the Teamster's Union has had it's flaws and I say that as a long time member. However, unless we band together and fight for better pay across the board we'll always be behind the eight ball compared to where we were decades ago.

Any language on autonomous trucks, will that fall under purchased transportation? It will be coming quicker than we think.
How does this language sound? I figured Article 3 was the correct place for this new section number as Article 3 was where the Utility Employee (section 7.) was first introduced. You guys feel free to jump in with any recommendations or changes as that is the intent of this thread to get everyone on the same page. You guys at Yellow and T-Force feel free to chime in as well as you all will be having contract proposals in the near future as well.

Autonomous-Technology.md.png

Last edited:
How does this language sound? I figured Article 3 was the correct place for this new section number as Article 3 was where the Utility Employee (section 7.) was first introduced. You guys feel free to jump in with any recommendations or changes as that is the intent of this thread to get everyone on the same page. You guys at Yellow and T-Force feel free to chime in as well as you all will be having contract proposals in the near future as well.

Autonomous-Technology.md.png
Some of the articles I have read it sounds as if the companies will supply the technology as well as the truck, that is why I mentioned purchased transportation.
Ex VP from YRC has been hired by Kodiak in California for his history in the transportation industry.

Some of the articles I have read it sounds as if the companies will supply the technology as well as the truck, that is why I mentioned purchased transportation.
Ex VP from YRC has been hired by Kodiak in California for his history in the transportation industry.
Then how about we propose the language for both Article 3. and Article 29. to cover it?

Autonomous-PT.md.png