ABF | 2023 Contract Proposals

I know it is still a little early for the 2023 Contract Proposals, but I figured we could use the Trucking Boards platform to post what we have or what we would like have or change. Hopefully, the OZ slate has someone that reads these boards and they will get an idea of what we would like to see changed. I will start off posting two of the thirty-five proposals that I have come up with so far

HourlyMileage-Rates9c4f58570363b351.md.png

Dock-Casual-Rates7022d05524db4a0b.md.png
Don’t forget double time after 10 hrs to stop the abuse

To me this is the biggest thing...my supplement says any employer who consistently works an employee more than 10 hours is excessive.... I have filed many grievances over this language only to be told there is nothing that can be done (although one time we did get a man hired)....at least if this language is there it would make it slightly better....

And here are my thoughts on the COLA language.

COLA-3-Proposal.md.png

COLA-5-Cent-Removal6a473ada0d346b88.md.png
I know it is still a little early for the 2023 Contract Proposals, but I figured we could use the Trucking Boards platform to post what we have or what we would like have or change. Hopefully, the OZ slate has someone that reads these boards and they will get an idea of what we would like to see changed. I will start off posting two of the thirty-five proposals that I have come up with so far

HourlyMileage-Rates9c4f58570363b351.md.png

Dock-Casual-Rates7022d05524db4a0b.md.png
We need the 10-4 plan. $10 more an hr,10 cents more a mile,double time after 10 hrs,10,000 signing bonus

We need the 10-4 plan. $10 more an hr,10 cents more a mile,double time after 10 hrs,10,000 signing bonus
$10 more an hour is a 30% increase.
10 cents a mile is a 15% increase.
$10,000 signing bonus for 8,500 ABF Teamsters is $85,000,000
Why not add free lifetime healthcare and cost of living increases for retirees?

Last edited:
Whatever you say Blade, but I think your proposal adds a little bit too much for the company to bear....good post though....you've really come around...although to make things square it should be a 20 cent per mile increase, thanks for pointing this out....

Last edited:
Whatever you say Blade, but I think your proposal adds a little bit too much for the company to bear....good post though....you've really come around...
As you seem to take a little sarcasm to the extreme, you may want to work on your math a little. $10.00 more per hour would be a little over a 37% increase in pay for the city, dock, hostle, and clerical classification(s). So, apparently you were under the assumption that we currently made more per hour than we do now. You see!!! Even you agree that we are currently way under paid by the hour.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

And, thank you for pointing out the cost of a $10,000 signing bonus. Because of this, I have now drawn up a more realistic signing bonus that ABF can afford. Especially with a $260 million dollar profit for 2021.

Article-33-Signing-Bonus.md.png

This question has got nothing to do with the main topic so any of your takes are appreciated. Planning on relocating in a few months if I didn't go during the transfer period, do I have to apply to the next terminal and go through the background stuff again or would it be expedited since already an employee? Will ask the boss on Monday if no one here knows.

This question has got nothing to do with the main topic so any of your takes are appreciated. Planning on relocating in a few months if I didn't go during the transfer period, do I have to apply to the next terminal and go through the background stuff again or would it be expedited since already an employee? Will ask the boss on Monday if no one here knows.
It will depend on the supplemental agreement you will be working under. Here at North Little Rock, you would come in as a new hire. So, you would most likely have to do everything a new hire would have to do. Other areas (supplements) may be different. The best way to find out is to contact the Local that you will be transferring to.

It will depend on the supplemental agreement you will be working under. Here at North Little Rock, you would come in as a new hire. So, you would most likely have to do everything a new hire would have to do. Other areas (supplements) may be different. The best way to find out is to contact the Local that you will be transferring to.
Got it. Thanks for your input.

*Line haul* was never allowed to be paid per hour due to the lack of proof of hours you worked per day. (Especially the ones after 8 hours)
The ELD has changed that right to the second. There is zero excuse to be paid per mile anymore. It’s a very unfair practice that could be remedied very easy. Unfortunately it’s been swept under the carpet. I think it’s worth bringing up to the surface

*Line haul* was never allowed to be paid per hour due to the lack of proof of hours you worked per day. (Especially the ones after 8 hours)
The ELD has changed that right to the second. There is zero excuse to be paid per mile anymore. It’s a very unfair practice that could be remedied very easy. Unfortunately it’s been swept under the carpet. I think it’s worth bringing up to the surface
I have been saying that to people ever since the ELDs came out....great post couldn't agree more...