ABF | 2023 Contract Proposals

I know it is still a little early for the 2023 Contract Proposals, but I figured we could use the Trucking Boards platform to post what we have or what we would like have or change. Hopefully, the OZ slate has someone that reads these boards and they will get an idea of what we would like to see changed. I will start off posting two of the thirty-five proposals that I have come up with so far

HourlyMileage-Rates9c4f58570363b351.md.png

Dock-Casual-Rates7022d05524db4a0b.md.png
Last Monday an ATL road driver (Leonard Nickels) asked me if I had seen this proposal. I asked him where he got it. He said it is hanging in the Miami terminal. I just wanted to share that your proposals are getting around. Great job!

He is one of the most professional, articulate union men on here....he has been helpful to me on more than one occasion... A good friend....
Your not just saying that to stay in Puddin’s good graces are you? LOL
All kidding aside, Thank you Slave and 381 for the kind words. And Slave you are right. We do all need to stick together as ABF, T-Force, and Yellow all have contracts coming up within a year or so of each other. As I have stated before, if you see any proposals that I have posted that can help with your contract negotiations, feel free to use them brothers.

I don't mean banking on injuries as if the companies would want injuries or want to injure anybody. But they have bean counters and know they'll have injuries if my thoughts on automation and reduction of road is the goal.
Either way, the replacement of road with UE, will bring injuries, alot of injuries especially to guys above 50 which I would think many road drivers are.

And if a long term goal is to reduce road and replace with automation, it will reduce Teamster numbers. Therefore it might even be a wider choice to make each injury caused by " forced" switch from road to UE maybe should cost the company a whole lot more than just the normal comp time or claim.
Because they know that their will be more injuries from statistics.
Slave, this is the best that I could come up with for the Modified Work pay. Bear in mind that each state sets their own Workers Comp rules and this is not subject to contract language. The amount that the employer pays to compensate the employee for “Modified Work” is subject to contract language.

Article-14-Modified-Work.md.png

*Line haul* was never allowed to be paid per hour due to the lack of proof of hours you worked per day. (Especially the ones after 8 hours)
The ELD has changed that right to the second. There is zero excuse to be paid per mile anymore. It’s a very unfair practice that could be remedied very easy. Unfortunately it’s been swept under the carpet. I think it’s worth bringing up to the surface
I'm linehaul for Brown. I'm paid hourly for most runs, and mileage runs are considered "premium," which is why we have such an eye-popping mileage rate. They pay that to the SENIOR guys who have the stripes to hold those runs.

Being paid hourly has made me beyond laid-back in traffic. Downright gentlemanly.

Addendum D section at the back of the Master contract needs the language updated for the Health&Welfare as well as Pension contribution increases. This is what I have come up with so far.

BD8CB8A9-E0D6-431B-B1A9-A531331C6DF2.md.png 0FC243F5-9504-474B-8074-DEE2C40EC5B4.md.png

Addendum D section at the back of the Master contract needs the language updated for the Health&Welfare as well as Pension contribution increases. This is what I have come up with so far.

BD8CB8A9-E0D6-431B-B1A9-A531331C6DF2.md.png 0FC243F5-9504-474B-8074-DEE2C40EC5B4.md.png
Don't allow this freezing the pension contribution rate crap. The pension should have never been cut at Yellow too. UPS wants to get rid of pensions too they already got rid of it for their non-union company employees.

I have moved all this RB nonsense to a new thread called RB's infinite wisdom to get this thread back on track....he isn't going to ruin a good thread here with his BS....

As a reminder I don't want any off topic or political talk on this thread. Thank You
The reason I'm a bit sensitive about this thread is because it is important to every ABF Teamster and other freight teamsters....I don't like it when a retired bitter old guy comes on here and trolls to get it off track......and this will mark a second time this thread has been thrown off track by him....this won't happen again.....carry on my brothers I have said my piece....

These next proposals are for a language change to Health & Welfare in the Southern Region Supplement. The current language drops your health care coverage in the week you are ill or injured on or off the job if you have not met the required three (3) contributions for that work week. Coverage does not begin until the first week “after” contributions for active employment ceases. This loophole needs to be removed as health coverage will most likely be needed the week of illness or injury. I have drawn up proposals for the Southern Region Local Cartage, Road, Garage, and Office Supplements already. Central and Carolina Supplements take note as your supplements have the same language as ours. In fact, we are currently trying to get the Health & Welfare paid for a brother who recently got Covid and had only worked one day the week he had to quarantine. No H&W contributions were made by the employer until the following week. No coverage for the week he was “forced” to quarantine because he had not met the three contributions threshold required by contract. Below is the current language (2018-2023). Can you imagine being ill or injured and having to be hospitalized and not having coverage for that week?

D288F7A8-C4BA-41F1-822E-4F567DF71399.md.jpg