ABF | 2023 Contract Proposals

Maybe this is off....but we go by hours worked in a quarter here.
Not days in a week. Then your covered for 3 more months or along them lines.
Maybe there's a good reason you do what you do. I don't know.

When we first starcwe get no insurance.. Quarter start at certain months. I think it's 180-200 hours. If we hit that, then we are covered for the full next quarter. 3 months.
Yeah, we have four or five different methods of “required contributions” depending on what Supplement you work under. The language above applies to the Southern, Central and Carolina Supplements which covers 26 states pertaining to Health & Welfare contribution requirements for coverage.

Maybe this is off....but we go by hours worked in a quarter here.
Not days in a week. Then your covered for 3 more months or along them lines.
Maybe there's a good reason you do what you do. I don't know.

When we first start we get no insurance.. Quarter start at certain months. I think it's 180-200 hours. If we hit that, then we are covered for the full next quarter. 3 months.

Maybe Im not focused on what you posted. I'm tired.
If they want days per week to contribute....I'd want daily pay....no interest in their bank account by holding it for any days.
I might want that anyways. LOL.
Maybe weigh out gold at the window weighed out daily.
No direct deposits either.Lol.
That's how it is out west it goes by hours. I was off 7 weeks when I blew out my knee with no lapse of HWE.

Then you lose it afterwards due to not enough hours maybe.
But if it happened on the job it's different.
On the job is workers comp. Off the job is four weeks coverage and then you start short term disability that covers you for six months. But, with our current language, you still have no Health & Welfare coverage the week of the illness or injury, on or off the job unless you have three contributions made by the employer for that week. That is why this language needs to be changed.

These next proposals are for a language change to Health & Welfare in the Southern Region Supplement. The current language drops your health care coverage in the week you are ill or injured on or off the job if you have not met the required three (3) contributions for that work week. Coverage does not begin until the first week “after” contributions for active employment ceases. This loophole needs to be removed as health coverage will most likely be needed the week of illness or injury. I have drawn up proposals for the Southern Region Local Cartage, Road, Garage, and Office Supplements already. Central and Carolina Supplements take note as your supplements have the same language as ours. In fact, we are currently trying to get the Health & Welfare paid for a brother who recently got Covid and had only worked one day the week he had to quarantine. No H&W contributions were made by the employer until the following week. No coverage for the week he was “forced” to quarantine because he had not met the three contributions threshold required by contract. Below is the current language (2018-2023). Can you imagine being ill or injured and having to be hospitalized and not having coverage for that week?

D288F7A8-C4BA-41F1-822E-4F567DF71399.md.jpg
My supplement is 36 days in a quarter for coverage....

These next proposals are for a language change to Health & Welfare in the Southern Region Supplement. The current language drops your health care coverage in the week you are ill or injured on or off the job if you have not met the required three (3) contributions for that work week. Coverage does not begin until the first week “after” contributions for active employment ceases. This loophole needs to be removed as health coverage will most likely be needed the week of illness or injury. I have drawn up proposals for the Southern Region Local Cartage, Road, Garage, and Office Supplements already. Central and Carolina Supplements take note as your supplements have the same language as ours. In fact, we are currently trying to get the Health & Welfare paid for a brother who recently got Covid and had only worked one day the week he had to quarantine. No H&W contributions were made by the employer until the following week. No coverage for the week he was “forced” to quarantine because he had not met the three contributions threshold required by contract. Below is the current language (2018-2023). Can you imagine being ill or injured and having to be hospitalized and not having coverage for that week?

D288F7A8-C4BA-41F1-822E-4F567DF71399.md.jpg
We have had the same problem at 086. Work 2 days, get hurt at home (fall off a ladder and break a leg) and if you have no sickdays or vacation days to use then you have no health insurance. Even though you worked 2 days that week. The key to me is you worked that week!!!! So you should have insurance!!!!

No forced holidays. If you do choose to work a holiday it should pay all hours work paid hourly at a minimum of 4 hours + your run and the 8 hour holiday pay. Carhaul got that in their contract.

I have to disagree, I think 10 hours for every tour. 6x10 is 60 hours. You can always come back early.
Our extra board got 24 hrs for 3 tours, 48 hrs for 6 tours, or 72 hrs for 9 tours.
If you called in and couldn't be given a dispatch, you could clear up to 6 hrs and still hold your place.
We had the only wheel board in the Carolinas in Charl.

This proposal was brought to my attention by a co-worker. Payday used to be Thursday and was changed to Friday in the 2013-2018 contract. This needs to be changed back to Thursday so that there is time to correct any pay shortages before the weekend. No one should have to wait until Monday to get the money they have earned.

8BBAA398-EED1-4379-A925-649555CF98B6.md.jpg

This proposal was brought to my attention by a co-worker. Payday used to be Thursday and was changed to Friday in the 2013-2018 contract. This needs to be changed back to Thursday so that there is time to correct any pay shortages before the weekend. No one should have to wait until Monday to get the money they have earned.

8BBAA398-EED1-4379-A925-649555CF98B6.md.jpg
Ours was always on Thurs.

We have access to our paystub on Thursday on workday.