ABF | 2023 Contract Proposals

We have access to our paystub on Thursday on workday.
This is true, but I can tell you just from the facility that I work at (004 Breakbulk), we still have employees that have never even logged in to Workday. Let alone know how to pull up their pay stub for the week. Don’t you think it would be more beneficial to actually get your stub and pay on Thursday to get the process started on pay shortages before the weekend to get the money you have earned? Also, what if you forget to pull up your stub on Workday each Thursday? If we are actually got paid on Thursday, it seems to me that it would be more beneficial for everyone.

We have access to our paystub on Thursday on workday.
Yep. I check mine when it’s available on Thursday and I either let the TM know about any shortages when I get back off my run in the morning, or I’m on the phone to the Fort.

This is true, but I can tell you just from the facility that I work at (004 Breakbulk), we still have employees that have never even logged in to Workday. Let alone know how to pull up their pay stub for the week. Don’t you think it would be more beneficial to actually get your stub and pay on Thursday to get the process started on pay shortages before the weekend to get the money you have earned? Also, what if you forget to pull up your stub on Workday each Thursday? If we are actually got paid on Thursday, it seems to me that it would be more beneficial for everyone.
Aren’t they only required to have any shortages to you the next day if it’s over like 4 hours and then you would be paid hourly if not until you receive the shortage?

We got paid at midnight Thursday unless some dummy like me forgot to take the mailbag out of my tractor and sent Greensboro's checks to Atlanta.
I was not the most popular guy in Greensboro.

Aren’t they only required to have any shortages to you the next day if it’s over like 4 hours and then you would be paid hourly if not until you receive the shortage?
The next “BUSINESS” day. Unless you work at a seven (7) day operation terminal, the next business day would be Monday. Here is the Southern Region language on this. Other Supplements may be different.

075DBF21-B3F6-4BF5-907B-113647595F38.md.jpg

The next “BUSINESS” day. Unless you work at a seven (7) day operation terminal, the next business day would be Monday. Here is the Southern Region language on this. Other Supplements may be different.

075DBF21-B3F6-4BF5-907B-113647595F38.md.jpg
That is the article I’m talking about. So unless I’m interpreting this wrong or there has already been a grievance decision, it states that “once you recognize the shortage” you must notify the company in writing. The article doesn’t say you have to wait until Friday to notice your check is short, so if you see a shortage on Thursday on the workday site and notify the company wouldn’t they have to cut you a check by the end of day Friday or pay 8 hrs for everyday until they do?
Not trying to argue with your proposal of a Thursday payday, just try to interpret the language has it’s written now in case I ever need to use it.

That is the article I’m talking about. So unless I’m interpreting this wrong or there has already been a grievance decision, it states that “once you recognize the shortage” you must notify the company in writing. The article doesn’t say you have to wait until Friday to notice your check is short, so if you see a shortage on Thursday on the workday site and notify the company wouldn’t they have to cut you a check by the end of day Friday or pay 8 hrs for everyday until they do?
Not trying to argue with your proposal of a Thursday payday, just try to interpret the language has it’s written now in case I ever need to use it.
Yes. The way it stands now, once you bring it to their attention (over 4 hours), they have until the end of the next business day to cut you a draft or they must start paying eight hours pay for each day it is delayed after that. But, there are a lot of people that do not pull up their stub on Workday on Thursday to check for shortages. And if they do, it would most likely be after they get home from work Thursday after work. In which case, it will be Friday before they report it and the next business day would be Monday. Much easier to get the correction done with an actual payday and paper stub on Thursday by 10:00am like it used to be.

Local 728 in Atlanta has scheduled a contract proposal meeting on Saturday November 12 at 12:00 pm. Looks like the union is starting early getting contract negotiations started. So lets get our wish lists in order, prioritize what you want, and keep it handy.........

Let's make this the best contract ever......demand a lot and get a lot.......we have sacrificed to much to get suckered again!!!

This proposal was brought to my attention by a co-worker. Payday used to be Thursday and was changed to Friday in the 2013-2018 contract. This needs to be changed back to Thursday so that there is time to correct any pay shortages before the weekend. No one should have to wait until Monday to get the money they have earned.

8BBAA398-EED1-4379-A925-649555CF98B6.md.jpg
Steward of the rock. I have some questions for you about a work comp issue. Whats the best way too message you privately?

I submitted over 20 proposals to my BA a couple days ago....most from SOR but a few that I made myself....you have done us a great service brother, Thank You for all your hard work...now it is in the unions court to get us a good contract offer...
You are welcome brother. Hopefully, this contract will be the best one ever for us. And let me say this one more time, if you don’t like what you see on the first offer, by all means “Vote No”. If you like what you see, “Vote Yes”. Remember, what is voted in is what we have to work under until June 30, 2028. So don’t just haphazardly vote yes.
And, when you get your ballot in the mail, “VOTE” and mail it back in. If I am not mistaken, the last contract had less than 30% of the ballots returned. There is nothing more annoying than someone that does not even turn in their ballot, and then bitches and moans about what a sh*tty contract we got.