ABF | 2023 Contract Proposals

You are welcome brother. Hopefully, this contract will be the best one ever for us. And let me say this one more time, if you don’t like what you see on the first offer, by all means “Vote No”. If you like what you see, “Vote Yes”. Remember, what is voted in is what we have to work under until June 30, 2028. So don’t just haphazardly vote yes.
And, when you get your ballot in the mail, “VOTE” and mail it back in. If I am not mistaken, the last contract had less than 30% of the ballots returned. There is nothing more annoying than someone that does not even turn in their ballot, and then bitches and moans about what a sh*tty contract we got.
I think it will get voted down the first time.....after all everybody I have ever talked to says they voted no.....lmao

Episode 11 GIF by The Simpsons
Blade is this your new band?

You are welcome brother. Hopefully, this contract will be the best one ever for us. And let me say this one more time, if you don’t like what you see on the first offer, by all means “Vote No”. If you like what you see, “Vote Yes”. Remember, what is voted in is what we have to work under until June 30, 2028. So don’t just haphazardly vote yes.
And, when you get your ballot in the mail, “VOTE” and mail it back in. If I am not mistaken, the last contract had less than 30% of the ballots returned. There is nothing more annoying than someone that does not even turn in their ballot, and then bitches and moans about what a sh*tty contract we got.

I know that union members supervise the vote count and they ride from the post office to the counting place but I have often wondered if that 30% is the real number? I know I voted but I wonder how I would find out if my envelope, the outside one, the one with my name on it, got registered? Any idea how I could check later?

I know that union members supervise the vote count and they ride from the post office to the counting place but I have often wondered if that 30% is the real number? I know I voted but I wonder how I would find out if my envelope, the outside one, the one with my name on it, got registered? Any idea how I could check later?
That would be a good question for the Business Agent. I have always wondered why people have so little concern about something as important as their livelihood.
I mean, how hard is it to mark your ballot, put it in the unmarked envelope, then put it in the postmarked envelope and mail it back in?

I know it is still a little early for the 2023 Contract Proposals, but I figured we could use the Trucking Boards platform to post what we have or what we would like have or change. Hopefully, the OZ slate has someone that reads these boards and they will get an idea of what we would like to see changed. I will start off posting two of the thirty-five proposals that I have come up with so far

HourlyMileage-Rates9c4f58570363b351.md.png

Dock-Casual-Rates7022d05524db4a0b.md.png
$2.00 pay to start off is not enough needs to be 3 to 4 dollars first year and a dollar every year after that.

Steward of the rock. I have some questions for you about a work comp issue. Whats the best way too message you privately?
My past experience is record your conversations with anybody you discuss your case with. I mean ANYBODY. Check you state laws. In Indiana only one of the parties to the call has to know about the recording. If you are recording, you are legal in IN without telling the other parties. Get copies of everything you sign. Yes, you might be followed & photographed by a third party hired by your employer. Be & act the Boy Scout Motto 'Be Prepared'. von.

The number 1 issue should be NO forced overtime & guarantee 40 & out for guys who want to see there family & have a life ! All the money in the world does you no good if your never home ..................
Listen to who's talking.
When you're not working your regular job with Coop, you're speeding down the road in the Gold Hotel with Bagboy at 46 mph.:6792::6781::1036316054:

I know it is still a little early for the 2023 Contract Proposals, but I figured we could use the Trucking Boards platform to post what we have or what we would like have or change. Hopefully, the OZ slate has someone that reads these boards and they will get an idea of what we would like to see changed. I will start off posting two of the thirty-five proposals that I have come up with so far

HourlyMileage-Rates9c4f58570363b351.md.png

Dock-Casual-Rates7022d05524db4a0b.md.png
I think We all should get retroactive pay back from the last 7% cut , We should get the week vacation that we lost plus ad the (2) 15 minutes brakes back from the last contract in 2013 stop playing low and just be fare with what is fare for all.

I think We all should get retroactive pay back from the last 7% cut , We should get the week vacation that we lost plus ad the (2) 15 minutes brakes back from the last contract in 2013 stop playing low and just be fare with what is fare for all.
I mean no disrespect with what I'm about to say...I looked at when you joined Truckingboards and I see it says 2010....so my question to you is where were you with your complaints in 2013 and 2018? Welcome to Truckingboards, I hope to see you on the boards more often....that is what we do here, bounce ideas around...