ABF | 2023 contract proposals

What a surprise they didn't tell you...I complained about it just about every day and told them I don't authorize it, as it is my choice under federal law....I also made sure I told them I talked to the Teamster Eastern Region Freight Director, emailed both of my senators, and emailed the FMCSA about it...until they finally told us it is our choice....my TM in all his wisdom pushed my hours back another hour so now even in the winter I'm running out of hours sometimes..... Can't wait for summer when I'm running out every day and he looks like a possums pecker...

:lmao: :438: :lmao:
I actually got the term from the late great Jackie Gleason...

possum's pecker

1). A slang phrase used to describe a person of questionable worth.​

2). A non-person who comes out nightly suffering from “little man’s disease”.
3). A friendly greeting used in the Waseca and Janesville area of Minnesota.
4). A subliminal code indicating that your junk is longer than average.
5). Phrase used by Jackie Gleason in the 1977 movie, "Smokey and the Bandit".

nothing personal towards anyone here as we all have an opinion but anything less than $35.00 per hour in our pockets in the first year is totally unacceptable I have been with abf for over 25 years and in that amount of time our total in pocket raises have totaled less than $10.00 per hour. it is time to catch up with the times we are so far behind the 8 ball in wages its pitiful -- abf got 7% from us which we will NEVER see again and speaking for chicago they also had several years of not having to pay double time on 7th day work. it is now our turn. this is not a case of i want i want this is simply put time to get current with current times . we also have 20 cents an hour to perform spotter duties and 10 cents per hour for night work--- this language was created well over 30 years ago and back then it was fair money -- now its an insult and it has never been addressed since it was created all of these things need to be changed and updated .. referring back to my saying we should be getting $35hr in first year that would not even really be considered a raise it would just be making us somewhat current to the times. abf recently showed us a video on how we have catch up to current times in how we move freight in order to keep the customer happy.. well abf practice what you preach and catch up to current times contractually and keep your employees happy as well
thanks for reading my post everyone
I was sitting in a meeting with union hierarchy, When a fellow Driver expressed his desire to end the Pension fund and give the money to the Drivers still working. To the unions credit they told this person to kick rocks. But this just shows the tough road its going to be to get a fair contract, When your union brothers only care about themselves

I was sitting in a meeting with union hierarchy, When a fellow Driver expressed his desire to end the Pension fund and give the money to the Drivers still working. To the unions credit they told this person to kick rocks. But this just shows the tough road its going to be to get a fair contract, When your union brothers only care about themselves
Unfortunately, that is a lot more common these days at every company. The ones that only care about themselves and will turn on their own co-workers just to make a few extra bucks or get a more desirable job. It is sad to know that anyone would want to take away from the ones that earned it just to suit themselves though. A-Holes like that are exactly what the conpany wants. Yet the company will dispose of these rats as well when their usefulness is all used up.

I have said that. I want a great contract but I have no faith in other teamsters. Whatever they offer the first time will probably go through. Everyone will just look at the mileage, hourly raises, and vacation. Everyone will say I voted no, but somehow it passed.

I have said that. I want a great contract but I have no faith in other teamsters. Whatever they offer the first time will probably go through. Everyone will just look at the mileage, hourly raises, and vacation. Everyone will say I voted no, but somehow it passed.
I took pictures of the envelope and my vote when I last voted for a teamster election and posted it on the Union board so people could see how I voted. Needless to say it didn't stay up there long but people saw it and the message got across. von

Unfortunately, that is a lot more common these days at every company. The ones that only care about themselves and will turn on their own co-workers just to make a few extra bucks or get a more desirable job. It is sad to know that anyone would want to take away from the ones that earned it just to suit themselves though. A-Holes like that are exactly what the conpany wants. Yet the company will dispose of these rats as well when their usefulness is all used up.
A lot of truth what you say Rock, but to be fair it started back some time with the wage progression (selling out the unborn)

I don't think I've ever read the first proposal before voting no, and I don't think any company makes their best offer on the first proposal.