ABF | 2023 contract proposals

nothing personal towards anyone here as we all have an opinion but anything less than $35.00 per hour in our pockets in the first year is totally unacceptable I have been with abf for over 25 years and in that amount of time our total in pocket raises have totaled less than $10.00 per hour. it is time to catch up with the times we are so far behind the 8 ball in wages its pitiful -- abf got 7% from us which we will NEVER see again and speaking for chicago they also had several years of not having to pay double time on 7th day work. it is now our turn. this is not a case of i want i want this is simply put time to get current with current times . we also have 20 cents an hour to perform spotter duties and 10 cents per hour for night work--- this language was created well over 30 years ago and back then it was fair money -- now its an insult and it has never been addressed since it was created all of these things need to be changed and updated .. referring back to my saying we should be getting $35hr in first year that would not even really be considered a raise it would just be making us somewhat current to the times. abf recently showed us a video on how we have catch up to current times in how we move freight in order to keep the customer happy.. well abf practice what you preach and catch up to current times contractually and keep your employees happy as well
thanks for reading my post everyone
Union idiots

All I know is you better not touch this possums pecker, he lives in BDs hat and is pretty testy. Has big hands err ............. feet.:17142:

possum.md.jpeg
Compared to this possum's full size, a possums pecker will have to be viewed through an electron microscope just to find it. Thank God I'm not in that category. von.

Trip, if there is anything I can help you guys with on proposals, just let me know. And you guys feel free to use any of the proposals I have posted here on TB’s.
get a respectable increase in the triples pay per mile. At least 5 cents. the current 2 cents has been in place since at least 1980 when I started pulling them. It is an outrage and encourages abuse in inclement weather with some companies because it is so damned lucrative for them to force them out regardless of safety and permit violations. Enough is enough!

get a respectable increase in the triples pay per mile. At least 5 cents. the current 2 cents has been in place since at least 1980 when I started pulling them. It is an outrage and encourages abuse in inclement weather with some companies because it is so damned lucrative for them to force them out regardless of safety and permit violations. Enough is enough!
They make a $1000+ profit off that 3rd trailer drivers should at least get a $100 extra per triples run.

nothing personal towards anyone here as we all have an opinion but anything less than $35.00 per hour in our pockets in the first year is totally unacceptable I have been with abf for over 25 years and in that amount of time our total in pocket raises have totaled less than $10.00 per hour. it is time to catch up with the times we are so far behind the 8 ball in wages its pitiful -- abf got 7% from us which we will NEVER see again and speaking for chicago they also had several years of not having to pay double time on 7th day work. it is now our turn. this is not a case of i want i want this is simply put time to get current with current times . we also have 20 cents an hour to perform spotter duties and 10 cents per hour for night work--- this language was created well over 30 years ago and back then it was fair money -- now its an insult and it has never been addressed since it was created all of these things need to be changed and updated .. referring back to my saying we should be getting $35hr in first year that would not even really be considered a raise it would just be making us somewhat current to the times. abf recently showed us a video on how we have catch up to current times in how we move freight in order to keep the customer happy.. well abf practice what you preach and catch up to current times contractually and keep your employees happy as well
thanks for reading my post everyone
I was told today that all contract negotiations have been put on hold. Why would they do that??