Yellow | 2023 Phase 2 Utility Chops

New Penn is long gone, they great years were few. Their model worked for them but this is no longer New Penn.
The sole reason Yellow is
alive today is because the Trump Administration, right or wrong, handed over $700 MILLION of taxpayer $$$ to them. The taxpayers need to get paid back.

My suggestion is to see what ODFL does, if their road drivers work the dock it may be worth looking at since they know how to manage an LTL Carrier.

You keep reliving the old days, those ae long gone....
I was a road driver for 17 years, up until November 2022. We’re not allowed to do dock work

How does "One Yellow" operate....as a super regional holding company, when they get it down to One Yellow as they seem to be heading for?

They say Super Regional......
The northeast regional don't operate with pups as far as I know.
Maybe Pyle does...not sure.

The national carriers use the pups.
Pyle does not run Double pups, all 53' except double 48's on the NY Thruway and Mass Pike

Hello Brother, that's not true, it is not the lowest cost carrier, your customers friends are getting a good pricing because Yellow is the best positioned geographically to their business, low cost to get their freight and a lane of service. Miserable employees? , I don't think so... current employees do a fair share of work and overall still better than other places.
Damage rate?, all trucking companies have the same problem, it has intensified a little bit for the relatively new members.
Crap equipment?, Not true, a lot of equipment has been replaced with late new trucks, keeping some good old trucks too. Older trailers being recycle at a higher rate and fast.
Bad management?, some maybe, but, have to follow orders from higher up for reasons we don't know. Lousy Technology?, No the best one, but, it does the work.
Pricing is set by the markets environment and customers wishes.
Save your venom and bad wishes for something else.
:duel:
have you been drug tested? what is your title at hq?

Well then, that's where New Penn's freight will go. It will go to Pyle, Pitt-Ohio and Ward. Maybe R&L.
Not Yellow.

If the regionals don't use them, and you want the region...Might want to rethink pups and doubles in the Northeast.
Take the dollies to our borders and make money.
New Penn did not want big trailers not converter gears for a money making reason.

Regional Carriers in most parts of the country use double 28's
The Northeast being the exception, I guess property is too expensive or unavailable?? I am not sure.
However all the big nationwide carriers survive in the Northeast with Pups??
If they can do it??

Boston to Scranton used to be overnight. Now it’s three and four day freight. We lost a lot of customers because of this. New Penn was the super regional
Day 1 - freight picked up, linehaul to Scranton.
Day 2 - freight sits in Scranton yard
Day 3 - pup finally hit dock door
Day 4 - freight stripped, and put on peddle run, double stacked.

Hello Brother, that's not true, it is not the lowest cost carrier, your customers friends are getting a good pricing because Yellow is the best positioned geographically to their business, low cost to get their freight and a lane of service. Miserable employees? , I don't think so... current employees do a fair share of work and overall still better than other places.
Damage rate?, all trucking companies have the same problem, it has intensified a little bit for the relatively new members.
Crap equipment?, Not true, a lot of equipment has been replaced with late new trucks, keeping some good old trucks too. Older trailers being recycle at a higher rate and fast.
Bad management?, some maybe, but, have to follow orders from higher up for reasons we don't know. Lousy Technology?, No the best one, but, it does the work.
Pricing is set by the markets environment and customers wishes.
Save your venom and bad wishes for something else.
:duel:
You are dead wrong! Just spoke with on huge shipper and it was confirmed about pricing. The government handouts are subsidizing the freight rates. No other carrier has this luxury and Yellow still cannot develop a profit!!!!
Damage Rate- Yellow is one of the highest in the nation an major reason they are hemorrhaging tonnage. Tell my the percentage of clams vs. revenue???
Equipment- I continue to see Blue former Roadway tractors. IF these were the very last power units to be purchased prior to the merger they are from 2007 at best or 16 years old. I have never seen a power unit this old at ODFL, R&L, Fed Ex Freight, Saia you name the longhaul carrier. Yea a few newer leased units but still poor equipment overall.
Bad Management- don't even try
Pricing is not set by customers, it is a cost plus model isn't it? . I guess except at poorly run carriers., That proved my point. You do not ask a customer how much they want to pay. Well maybe at Yellow you do, no wonder they are in the shape they are in.
I get it you are defending the company, but try not to insult anyone intelligence here...

<snip>
I think our farthest terminal was 6 hours away.
<snip>
Slave, that statement is the key to your misunderstanding of the big picture. You need to get your mind out of the regional rut and realize long haul freight is not handled the same way as regional freight. Yellow's farthest terminal from Scranton area is easily 3000 miles away, big difference from what you're used to.

What makes our insurance Cadillac insurance?
Wait until you don’t have it and you will know. I was forced to retire in 2013 due to health. The biggest shock was my health, vision, & dental insurance that covers almost 100% of everything. Not to mention our premiums were paid by the company as part of the contract. You literally can’t buy good dental insurance no matter what you are willing to pay. If and when you lose Central States Insurance, your world will change for the worse.

If the government would not have bailed out the nonunion carriers and shippers and receivers in 1980....you wouldn't have ever had to bailout Yellow nor the pensions.
And if the government didn't allow VW'S and Datsuns in from our WWII enemies to bail out Wall St....you'd have never had to bailout GM.
And alot of that stuff is why housing couldn't be afforded nor healthcare provided.

China wouldn't be a threat to us at all had our government used our tax dollars to just give our industries away....and that goes for NAFTA too.
And if a bullfrog had wings he would not bust his butt. My point was, it is the U.S. Government who chooses who to bailout, when and where they want to, and there is no rhyme nor reason for it.

I’m going to Connecticut this summer on a vacation trip to visit family. I’ll have to make it a point to stop in Scranton at the NP terminal to take pictures of the pups, and dollies there.
Could you please post video of Slave hooking his set. Better yet, get one of him pulling apart his set before his first delivery. Hopefully he isn’t stuck with a gear from the 1970’s with the folding wheel on it.