Yellow | 2023 Phase 2 Utility Chops

You are dead wrong! Just spoke with on huge shipper and it was confirmed about pricing. The government handouts are subsidizing the freight rates. No other carrier has this luxury and Yellow still cannot develop a profit!!!!
Damage Rate- Yellow is one of the highest in the nation an major reason they are hemorrhaging tonnage. Tell my the percentage of clams vs. revenue???
Equipment- I continue to see Blue former Roadway tractors. IF these were the very last power units to be purchased prior to the merger they are from 2007 at best or 16 years old. I have never seen a power unit this old at ODFL, R&L, Fed Ex Freight, Saia you name the longhaul carrier. Yea a few newer leased units but still poor equipment overall.
Bad Management- don't even try
Pricing is not set by customers, it is a cost plus model isn't it? . I guess except at poorly run carriers., That proved my point. You do not ask a customer how much they want to pay. Well maybe at Yellow you do, no wonder they are in the shape they are in.
I get it you are defending the company, but try not to insult anyone intelligence here...
What do you call the Orange and Blue tractors I still have?

I’m going to Connecticut this summer on a vacation trip to visit family. I’ll have to make it a point to stop in Scranton at the NP terminal to take pictures of the pups, and dollies there.
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. We’re waiting on the new change of operations manual March 10

You mean like the Banks, Airlines, Car Manufacturers , Housing Industry, Student Loans, that have all been bailed out by my tax dollars since 2008 up until this year. Sorry, your poor old sorrowful me song is not playing well here.

I've bailed them out plus YRC...

You are dead wrong! Just spoke with on huge shipper and it was confirmed about pricing. The government handouts are subsidizing the freight rates. No other carrier has this luxury and Yellow still cannot develop a profit!!!!
Damage Rate- Yellow is one of the highest in the nation an major reason they are hemorrhaging tonnage. Tell my the percentage of clams vs. revenue???
Equipment- I continue to see Blue former Roadway tractors. IF these were the very last power units to be purchased prior to the merger they are from 2007 at best or 16 years old. I have never seen a power unit this old at ODFL, R&L, Fed Ex Freight, Saia you name the longhaul carrier. Yea a few newer leased units but still poor equipment overall.
Bad Management- don't even try
Pricing is not set by customers, it is a cost plus model isn't it? . I guess except at poorly run carriers., That proved my point. You do not ask a customer how much they want to pay. Well maybe at Yellow you do, no wonder they are in the shape they are in.
I get it you are defending the company, but try not to insult anyone intelligence here...
I don’t know if I agree with you on pricing. In the area I pickup freight we are constantly being undercut by other carriers particularly XPO. As far as claims other carriers seem to be much worse at least what my customers tell me.

I just started at YRC Memphis as a road driver. They said were gonna be a road terminal and are get +64 road from the merger with holland. but holland will get all of YRC city drivers. Do you think they are gonna do layoffs? i dont think so since we both will be open but you guys are more experienced than me .

I just started at YRC Memphis as a road driver. They said were gonna be a road terminal and are get +64 road from the merger with holland. but holland will get all of YRC city drivers. Do you think they are gonna do layoffs? i dont think so since we both will be open but you guys are more experienced than me .
welcome aboard but this place has a habit of over-hiring ... but they figure a lot of drivers quitting ( many already have moved on ) over this upcoming 'COO' .. whenever its going to happen ... good luck

The same was said out West.
At the end of the day thats not what happened.
The work force out West is very much different that what is East of Denver.
Three Teamster represented company's just are not going to roll over and let this train wreck roll.
One must remember that Reddaway was a very non union company give or take a few brave barns on the West coast.
The rest signed cards when they figured out that an end tail was in their future if they did not.
It ain't pretty... ::shit:: show daily

Here on the west coast we lost so many drivers because of the company's threats of plus minus terminals that we need help, it's why we utilize traveller's so much.

Here on the west coast we lost so many drivers because of the company's threats of plus minus terminals that we need help, it's why we utilize traveller's so much.
Yeah my terminal is getting a lot road driver bids so thankfully i think im safe but it sucks for the guys from holland that have to move work from Olive branch to memphis.

It is NOT reality saying "if" there wasn't a loan, they would not survive.
Because reality says "we cannot know what would have happened".

I don't know if you've noticed.
But Yellow can be deemed THE master beggars of all beggars.
Maybe they would have begged, borrowed, or stole from somebody else to pay their bills if they hadn't received the Trump Administration deal.
Yellow does beg borrow or steal and it mostly from their employees they steal from. 3 years of a pay freeze, a dozen years of 15% pay cut. Instead of yearly raises you only get half of your raise for 6 months and then the other half is finally given so you can’t even have an entire raise for the year. Yellow has had its hand out and taken from the employees in order to survive since Zollars ruined it. All the companies yellow bought, they ultimately strip mined. They sell off the assets and then lease it back. The only well they continuously tap is its employees because that’s the only asset they really have left.

What scares you about pups?
It’s not what he is use to and he can’t handle change. Every other post from him is about this. He posts his complaints about pups, double stacked 102” wide non floor loaded…… as much as others post about 46mph trucks, lawn mowing and broken mirrors. Oh we cannot forget 15% comments either, yet slave still out posts all those others on his distain for pups.