Yellow | 2024 contract

2024 Contract is the time for all you Drivers complaining about the '" Shiny Wheels" pulling our loads ! Talk to your local Union people and get the ball rolling to stop them and stop voting yes & get everybody to vote this time too !!:6788:
Coop’s Clarence DC just joined the
United Beet and Popcorn, Local -15, Cedar Rapids.

Double pay for doubles.
Triple pay for triples.
Or walk.
Good idea! Put Yellow out of business and walk straight to FedEx or OD and beg them to hire you.
In 1999, Preston closed the doors on a Monday. On Tuesday, Yellow had a hiring fair at the Holiday Inn, Richfield Ohio. Overnight they had hired a Preston dispatcher. They hired 50 linehaul drivers that day. All with spotless driving records, none with absentee issues, all triples qualified and all million milers.

Good idea! Put Yellow out of business and walk straight to FedEx or OD and beg them to hire you.
In 1999, Preston closed the doors on a Monday. On Tuesday, Yellow had a hiring fair at the Holiday Inn, Richfield Ohio. Overnight they had hired a Preston dispatcher. They hired 50 linehaul drivers that day. All with spotless driving records, none with absentee issues, all triples qualified and all million milers.
2 years later they were probably laid off.

What can we actually expect for a pay raise?
My opinion maybe $1 raise lol .25 cents a year but if O’Brien can help us maybe $3 raise top I wish more but not much. Out here west we will be at $26.92 on April and $27.32 by October and night velocity get $1 more an hour. I hope we can match TForce or whatever ABF gets or a bit more since they both got pension and we don’t. TForce tops at $32. Non union freight companies like Estes and XPO are at around $37/hr. Not sure if OD is At around $32-$35:hr. So to be competitive we would like a raise out here. I’m waiting for this contract in hope for good news with our new teamsters president.

A guy left us for OD. When they brought in the UE COO a couple years ago because he got stuck on it
He's back applying because he got laid off there.
The ESTES terminal near us city drivers are limited to working 4 days/week.
Slow economy.
Both companies haul doubles.
I will be checking on Ward and Pitt and Pyle.
Single trailer...less chance of layoff.
I'd be great with 4 days a week.

If looking for proposals....I'd say it's time to make the job better for us and our families by proposing a large increase to OT on our 5th day....Fridays for me.
Saturdays for alot of others.
The system abuses our weekend time and won't change without a large OT increase on Fridays.
A least double time for OT on Fridays.
The majority of weekends begin later than the rest of the country because the system allows for big pushes on Fridays.
That changes with price increase.
And we should get the increase.

I figure if we do that...schedules will shift to later in the afternoon....so to avoid that nonsense of the economy thinking it owns us....we may have to put specific hours of big OT on Fridays or Saturdays.
Maybe starting at 2PM Friday....and it happens before the 8th is up. The point is that we need a weekend and our families need us also. Therefore the long Fridays should end.
Are we gonna get full and worthwhile pensions? Well at least we should have time with family our working years...because they steal the pension when they can.
They don't own us.
Slave, right when I think there is nothing else you can stay to surprise, you prove me wrong,lol. I’m aware these things are only pipe-dreams but I still find myself reading it through completely, lol. You are like a drama series that always leaves a tease at the end of the show, to lure you back in to the next show. I’m anxiously waiting for the next episode of “AS THE SLAVE TURNS”, lol.

Slave, right when I think there is nothing else you can stay to surprise, you prove me wrong,lol. I’m aware these things are only pipe-dreams but I still find myself reading it through completely, lol. You are like a drama series that always leaves a tease at the end of the show, to lure you back in to the next show. I’m anxiously waiting for the next episode of “AS THE SLAVE TURNS”, lol.
"I want to haul 2 or 3 stacked trailers for the same pay as guys hauling one unstacked trailer"....and accept that the company isn't lying when they say their broke.

What the Hell is wrong with you people??

What is so surprising about it?. Do you want a better job and life or just sit here and do every stupid thing that this job wants....and it wants more stupid stuff than most jobs.

Why? Because too many think like something's wrong with wanting anything
Like just here to be a dog.
Lucky ya have a job.
Lucky they pay us at all I guess.

It's dumb.
30+ years of watching how dumb truck drivers are.yep...Ill give my whole life for it...family and all. So many guys are divorced it's pathetic.
50 years old....wives say see ya ..I'm taking half of everything...for this dumb job...God knows we're all millionaires from it. Mine hasn't left yet...I figure I'm lucky so far.

Don't bitch...God knows the economy and these companies need ya

Take the pensions...take 15%...change job classifications...close terminals........And....Gee this is swell,Wally
Slave why did you get married in the first place? That's your problem right there. If you never got married you wouldn't have the family to spend time with and you could be working all the hours possible!
:poke:
:hysterical:

If looking for proposals....I'd say it's time to make the job better for us and our families by proposing a large increase to OT on our 5th day....Fridays for me.
The system abuses our weekend time and won't change without a large OT increase on Fridays.
The majority of weekends begin later than the rest of the country because the system allows for big pushes on Fridays.
Where does the money come from to pay all this OT?

I figure if we do that...schedules will shift to later in the afternoon....so to avoid that nonsense of the economy thinking it owns us....we may have to put specific hours of big OT on Fridays or Saturdays.
Maybe starting at 2PM Friday....and it happens before the 8th is up. The point is that we need a weekend and our families need us also. Therefore the long Fridays should end.
Are we gonna get full and worthwhile pensions? Well at least we should have time with family our working years...because they steal the pension when they can.
They don't own us.
You were not hired to provide you with free healthcare, pensions, 10 paid holidays, 4 weeks vacation, 5 sick days and $75,000 a year cash income. You were hired to provide a profit to company's owners. Labor is nothing more than a tool of production. You have chosen the wrong profession.
You are correct, they don't own you. Move on. Find a job that gives you all that quality time with your family. Join a bowling league. Play golf. Travel.

You were not hired to provide you with free healthcare, pensions, 10 paid holidays, 4 weeks vacation, 5 sick days and $75,000 a year cash income. You were hired to provide a profit to company's owners. Labor is nothing more than a tool of production. You have chosen the wrong profession.
You are correct, they don't own you. Move on. Find a job that gives you all that quality time with your family. Join a bowling league. Play golf. Travel.
How is Slave going to support his catalytic converter habit if he doesn't get overtime? :hilarious: :hysterical:

Golf will never happen. The greens are over 102” across. Bowling neither. The government has micro chips hidden in the balls, listening to you, and taking your fingerprints.