Holland | 23 Years And Now This

slipperysleuth

Tornadicthermalcyclogenesis, sorta..
Credits
"There is no plan B". Take it for what it's worth there is no plan B for this up coming vote on concessions.
I too would like to stand proud and kick ass on this giveback, but after a nice vacation and a little bit of introspection with myself I have to conclude.

The anti labor environment we live in today (and I won't go into a history lesson because most won't remember what happened two months ago and could care less) gives us no leverage in bargaining anything, simple and to the point. Face it, those days of power were slowly eroded by the smiling faces of politicians from both sides of the aisle since 1977 (at least that's as far as I remember) spitting in the face of labor while padding their pockets with corporate money.
An example, Blanche Lincoln a Blue Dog Democrat of Arkansas has never supported a bill in favor of labor and was an advocate of CAFTA. She is in the back pockets of the Walton family. When they say jump, she asks 'how high'.

Let me say again, there is no plan B.
Corporation's are a b!tch by law. They do not care about you, or your family, they don't have to. That is what de-regulation does. You can't blame the corporation, they are going by the laws put in place by your smiling elected officials.
Their job is to maximize "profit" by any means, child labor in China, moving factories overseas thanks to free trade with no tariffs on imports. Bankruptcy? If that achieves the maximum profit end result, why not.
Corporation's today are diesel engines at full throttle with no governor. We all know the end result.

So, here we are today. If you think this has not been a long drawn out plan to decimate the union by combining five major union carriers with no money down financing (leverage buyout Mitt Romney style selling the assets and dumping.) then think again. This plan has been on the table for five years and has come to a conclusion leaving the outcome in your hands by a simple vote knowing the garbage they put in the concessions would **** everyone off.

I will be voting "YES" and like a beat dog continue working. By voting "NO", I know Christmas will be bleak and miserable. I'm the only one working in my household and have illness in my family. The crap we have for health care is still better than none. I swallowed hard the last two givebacks, and still have some Vaseline left over.

I hope and pray the outcome will allow a better fight in the future.

Fraternally Yours
SS

"There is no plan B". Take it for what it's worth there is no plan B for this up coming vote on concessions.
I too would like to stand proud and kick ass on this giveback, but after a nice vacation and a little bit of introspection with myself I have to conclude.

The anti labor environment we live in today (and I won't go into a history lesson because most won't remember what happened two months ago and could care less) gives us no leverage in bargaining anything, simple and to the point. Face it, those days of power were slowly eroded by the smiling faces of politicians from both sides of the aisle since 1977 (at least that's as far as I remember) spitting in the face of labor while padding their pockets with corporate money.
An example, Blanche Lincoln a Blue Dog Democrat of Arkansas has never supported a bill in favor of labor and was an advocate of CAFTA. She is in the back pockets of the Walton family. When they say jump, she asks 'how high'.

Corporation's are a b!tch by law. They do not care about you, or your family, they don't have to. That is what de-regulation does. You can't blame the corporation, they are going by the laws put in place by your smiling elected officials.
Their job is to maximize "profit" by any means, child labor in China, moving factories overseas thanks to free trade with no tariffs on imports. Bankruptcy? If that achieves the maximum profit end result, why not.
Corporation's today are diesel engines at full throttle with no governor. We all know the end result.

So, here we are today. If you think this has not been a long drawn out plan to decimate the union by combining five major union carriers with no money down financing (leverage buyout Mitt Romney style selling the assets and dumping.) then think again. This plan has been on the table for five years and has come to a conclusion leaving the outcome in your hands by a simple vote knowing the garbage they put in the concessions would **** everyone off.

I will be voting "YES" and like a beat dog continue working. By voting "NO", I know Christmas will be bleak and miserable. I'm the only one working in my household and have illness in my family. The crap we have for health care is still better than none. I swallowed hard the last two givebacks, and still have some Vaseline left over.

Fraternally Yours
SS
Sorry about your situation Sleuth! Christmas for myself and my family is not about buying a bunch of crap gifts, so that is not even a concern for me. This is much larger than Holidays. I will be cancelling your vote with a NO!

No problem Shoe, at least you will vote and not throw your ballot in the trash. I see so many talk the talk but have they ever shown up to a meeting?

No problem Shoe, at least you will vote and not throw your ballot in the trash. I see so many talk the talk but have they ever shown up to a meeting?

We had our meeting in Atlanta, a two Sundays ago and had about 50-maybe 60 people their. Atlanta 728 is one of the biggest locals in the south and that is what people thought of the meeting. Everyone is to busy in there personal life to take a minute and see what is going on. Most don't give a crap anymore!!

Shoe, how many yes votes are you allowed to cancel out with your one no vote? HE-HE One thing I can say about you Shoe, you are persistent. SS great post from the heart. GRIZ

Here is a link to remind everyone

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/100810FREIGHTQandA YRCW_0.pdf

You see, back in December of last year we were allowed to restructure (like bankruptcy with out calling that)
That has never happened in the history of the trucking industry. Yet, we survived to do this. It was coming but when was the question. Now here it is. If this fails, nothing but asset liquidation, forget 11.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/2010/05/24/daily1.html

Work rule changes, thank all the non-unions eating our lunch. I can pull into a truckstop at the same time a non-union does and by the time I get out of the truck to walk inside, that dude is releasing his breaks pulling out on the road after he done took a $#!+, shower, shave. We have guys here doing the same thing. We are reaping the rewards we sowed ourselves. Sweat shop on wheels is what the industry is headed towards because of our own personal GREED. We have no one to blame but ourselves how we work and how we vote that's how we got here today.
Drill baby drill sheeple.
http://tarpley.net/2010/09/30/in-1932-fox-helped-make-propaganda-films-for-ಠ▄ಠ/

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoe, how many yes votes are you allowed to cancel out with your one no vote? HE-HE One thing I can say about you Shoe, you are persistent. SS great post from the heart. GRIZ
In my little brain I cancel them all out!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I think there is a plan B or C ,they have been playing this numbers game for years and know how to make it look bad , also Holland was the BEST company, before Yellow gave us debt cancer ?? and a no vote will NOT shut down yrc , mafia won't let it happen, they like the money

Here's a plan B; all the members with 20+ years inquire & or file for their pension. I would think the pension board would call D.C. asking what the _ is up with a few thousand members thinking of pulling the plug! Just a thought.

i voted no.they have had enough time.i prefer if anything to keep it the way it is.15%..maybe a little paid into pension.I didnt see anything about capturing what we have lost already in the pension.also it states that it excludes the chinese entity...equal sacrafice

Fraternally Yours
SS
People like you is why the companies can get away with this. You have no stones to stand up for yourself and fight for what was ours. The real Jimmy Hoffa would puke seeing what has become of the Teamsters. As long as we keep giving in to corporate greed, management will keep taking. In 18 months we have gone backwards 25 years. I know I'm ashamed to be associated with wimps like you. Just Vote No!!!!

Yeah, STICK TOGETHER!! thats what they want is us fighting against each other! their plan is working out awesome !!!!!! dont ya think?

People like you is why the companies can get away with this. You have no stones to stand up for yourself and fight for what was ours. The real Jimmy Hoffa would puke seeing what has become of the Teamsters. As long as we keep giving in to corporate greed, management will keep taking. In 18 months we have gone backwards 25 years. I know I'm ashamed to be associated with wimps like you. Just Vote No!!!!

Its amazing that someone can make a post, not belittle anybody for how they vote, and everybody jumps on him and calls him names. I have voted NO!!! on all three of these give backs, but I have never went after anybody because how they voted. How a man votes is his right.

Say what you "yes" voters want.. There's always a plan B. ABF told their drivers there was no plan B and yet, after turning down the concessions, they're busier than ever. Every company always offers the "worse case" scenario the their employees. Too many of us are willing to believe what they say as gold. Not me! My NO vote will cancel out another YES vote.

Its amazing that someone can make a post, not belittle anybody for how they vote, and everybody jumps on him and calls him names. I have voted NO!!! on all three of these give backs, but I have never went after anybody because how they voted. How a man votes is his right.

Thank You for the comment