FedEx Freight | 25 Year Safe Driver

Award trucks (Master President Safety Award) have TWO criteria for achievement. The first is 25 years of safe driving. The second (and at times more difficult) is to have earned the President's safety team award. To earn the award, one must have 10 consecutive years of preventable accident AND injury free service. Recipients of this award get a leather jacket, certificate and a trophy (kind of a glass hologram of a truck). The program has had this criteria as long as i can remember.......

6tcv1uW.jpg

Award trucks (Master President Safety Award) have TWO criteria for achievement. The first is 25 years of safe driving. The second (and at times more difficult) is to have earned the President's safety team award. To earn the award, one must have 10 consecutive years of preventable accident AND injury free service. Recipients of this award get a leather jacket, certificate and a trophy (kind of a glass hologram of a truck). The program has had this criteria as long as i can remember.......
Good info. Never knew the whole story. THAT does add quite a bit to the significance, IMHO.

Much appreciated clarity on the topic. :1036316054:

Good info. Never knew the whole story. THAT does add quite a bit to the significance, IMHO.

Much appreciated clarity on the topic. :1036316054:
I need some clarity...does that mean one would have to be a two time President’s Safety Team Member recipient (10 year) if one had a preventable or injury AFTER receiving the 1st President’s Safety Team Member award in order to receive the Master President’s Safety Award (25 year)??

Asking for a friend...:27:

This doesn't make sense to me. 25 years safe driving is just that 25 years in a row. Seems like any incident should reset the clock to zero be it a moving violation or yard accident.
Then there would indeed be very few award trucks, given that even a minor yard boo-boo is a disqualifying event. My first was at 19 1/2 years, malfunctioning fifth wheel switch on a Volvo in the yard. Dropped trailer and grease on the airlines was all it took to fill out paperwork.

I need some clarity...does that mean one would have to be a two time President’s Safety Team Member recipient (10 year) if one had a preventable or injury AFTER receiving the 1st President’s Safety Team Member award in order to receive the Master President’s Safety Award (25 year)??

Asking for a friend...:27:
I believe once you’re in, you’re in. You just need to have 15 more years that don’t necessarily need to be consecutive. Now if you’re still recuperating from surgery after a hostler uses you for target practice when your award truck comes in, too bad, so sad, it goes to someone that was still wearing diapers when you started earning it.

Or so a friend told me.

This doesn't make sense to me. 25 years safe driving is just that 25 years in a row. Seems like any incident should reset the clock to zero be it a moving violation or yard accident.
I seem to recall the "consecutive" year portion was changed during the representation effort. Specifically during the west coast portion?

Again, NOT positive, but I recall some mention of that on here. Anyone else remember that?

Last edited: