ODFL | 3/2 wild bag

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
Just curious if anyone in GBO knows about this? I've been doing the 3/2 wild bag for about 6 months now. I keep running into another driver(out of GBO) on our way in and he's been doing the 3/2 bag the same amount of time as me, although he's been here for over 4 years now. He was telling me, he's been running into brand new drivers that have been doing it. Just curious, did GBO change 'operations' and now running more 3/2 bags than 5 day wild now? Back when I was 5 day wild, I'd run into some of the same drivers, but now I don't see them anymore(makes sense), and I know GBO had alot of drivers that lived about an hour or so away from GBO and only wanted 5 day wild and didn't want to drive an hour home and back every day/night.

Just curious if anyone in GBO knows about this? I've been doing the 3/2 wild bag for about 6 months now. I keep running into another driver(out of GBO) on our way in and he's been doing the 3/2 bag the same amount of time as me, although he's been here for over 4 years now. He was telling me, he's been running into brand new drivers that have been doing it. Just curious, did GBO change 'operations' and now running more 3/2 bags than 5 day wild now? Back when I was 5 day wild, I'd run into some of the same drivers, but now I don't see them anymore(makes sense), and I know GBO had alot of drivers that lived about an hour or so away from GBO and only wanted 5 day wild and didn't want to drive an hour home and back every day/night.
Yep!!!!

don't know what's so funny about my question? I was just curious. But that's interesting to know. I know my buddy, whose been here going on 8 years, said he heard years back GBO was thinking of getting rid of the 5 day wild bag.
Yep!! Trying to cut down on Motel expense.Instead of asking ?'s about Gbo Operations that most don't know on here..Need to ask your Managers and other Gbo Driver's

Well, I applied online and now playing phone tag with the recruiting person. Don't know where this will end up, but if they are hiring for linehaul out of Milton, I may become an ODFL driver.

Yep!! Trying to cut down on Motel expense.Instead of asking ?'s about Gbo Operations that most don't know on here..Need to ask your Managers and other Gbo Driver's
Like I said, I was talking with the other driver. However, he's the only one I see atleast once a week(ALMOST on the same schedule...almost). His guess is what you said, cut down on hotel expense. And yes, I have asked other drivers. However, most of the ones I've been running into have been here for YEARS and haven't done a bag in years or else they are team drivers.