Yellow | 3 Billion dollar owed-Nice teamsters

tiredofbs

TB Lurker
Credits
Two Years of giving up pension 5 tours a week at $56.00 per tour = $280.00 Per week times 104 weeks (two years) = $29,120 times most recent voter (member) count of 25,000 members = $728,000,000 for two years of pension payments plus lost wages of for the sake of round numbers $10,000 dollars each per year for a total of $20,000 + $29,120 = $49120 each over two year period times 25000 teamster employees = $1,228,000,000 (1 Billion 228 Million dollars) Teamsters have agreed to continue giving into the year 2015. Nice Teamsters. do the rest of the math for time over two years. Angry yet. (The numbers are approximate because of regional differences but should be close). Are any of you interested in buying ocean front property in Arizona?

Two Years of giving up pension 5 tours a week at $56.00 per tour = $280.00 Per week times 104 weeks (two years) = $29,120 times most recent voter (member) count of 25,000 members = $728,000,000 for two years of pension payments plus lost wages of for the sake of round numbers $10,000 dollars each per year for a total of $20,000 + $29,120 = $49120 each over two year period times 25000 teamster employees = $1,228,000,000 (1 Billion 228 Million dollars) Teamsters have agreed to continue giving into the year 2015. Nice Teamsters. do the rest of the math for time over two years. Angry yet. (The numbers are approximate because of regional differences but should be close). Are any of you interested in buying ocean front property in Arizona?
yes sir send me info and pics of the property thanks

do we get a golf cart and a fishing boat, with a big breasted bimbo? If yes, then I am in for the ride, oh yea do not forget the jack daniels.

The money that was lost is huge,but when the dust settles and everyone looks at the working conditions that were given up by this yes vote on the concessions,the impact will be even bigger. In many areas,the workers with 10 to 15 years or more seniority will become 4 hour part timers. It may take a while for this to happen,but be assured it will happen if YRCW stays in business. Their goal will be a 50% part time work force. For many of them,the good job they had will be no more. If pension payments do continue at 25% on 6-1-11 as agreed to,to retire with a 30 year teamster pension will take 120 years. This has to be the lowest moment for teamsters in the history of the teamster union. And if YRCW goes under,Zollars will say"At least I broke the teamster union on the way out".

And they still owe 1,2 billion,think they will ever pay this down??Like having a bad credit card with 35% interest on it .. keep making payments and the balance never goes down That is why the banks will not let YRC go out of business..:nono_h4h: It is a cash cow...

Yeah, it goes from paying union dues, to a company tax of lost wages and pension, to a U.S. Government tax increase/inflation. Got to lay everything out on an even playing field, or I should say an even paying field.

Last edited by a moderator:
The money that was lost is huge,but when the dust settles and everyone looks at the working conditions that were given up by this yes vote on the concessions,the impact will be even bigger. In many areas,the workers with 10 to 15 years or more seniority will become 4 hour part timers. It may take a while for this to happen,but be assured it will happen if YRCW stays in business. Their goal will be a 50% part time work force. For many of them,the good job they had will be no more. If pension payments do continue at 25% on 6-1-11 as agreed to,to retire with a 30 year teamster pension will take 120 years. This has to be the lowest moment for teamsters in the history of the teamster union. And if YRCW goes under,Zollars will say"At least I broke the teamster union on the way out".

Please explain 1.4 million teamsters with only about 3% or so in freight I don't see the teamster union being broken.

a common trait among the no's is the hypothesizing of the ridiculous.

in other words, constantly coming up with hypothetical bull crap

the mother of all hypo bull crap--
"In many areas,the workers with 10 to 15 years or more seniority will become 4 hour part timers."

it does't have to be
images

happen.jpg

sergeant major​

Please explain 1.4 million teamsters with only about 3% or so in freight I don't see the teamster union being broken.
Zollars will be able to say he brought the teamster union down at YRCW,the largerst teamster membership in the freight business. When someone mentions the teamster union,the first thing that comes to mind for anyone is the trucks rolling down the highway. That`s where the teamster union started. I`ve been a teamster for most of my working life,working for Roadway then YRC and I hate to see this happening,but it is what it is. The teamster union will survive,but it will never be what it once was in freight.

When someone mentions the teamster union,the first thing that comes to mind for anyone is the trucks rolling down the highway. The teamster union will survive,but it will never be what it once was in freight.

Jr. Hoffa said he wanted out of freight and he has accomplished that goal..simply by doing nothing to organize and letting those that were already organized slowly slip away

Zollars will be able to say he brought the teamster union down at YRCW,the largerst teamster membership in the freight business. When someone mentions the teamster union,the first thing that comes to mind for anyone is the trucks rolling down the highway. That`s where the teamster union started. I`ve been a teamster for most of my working life,working for Roadway then YRC and I hate to see this happening,but it is what it is. The teamster union will survive,but it will never be what it once was in freight.

I do agree with this statement

In the "new teamsters" membership consists of lifegaurds from San Diego and marijuana growers from California!

Jr. Hoffa said he wanted out of freight and he has accomplished that goal..simply by doing nothing to organize and letting those that were already organized slowly slip away

First off I'm not with the company nor any union. I've seen on this board a few time that Hoffa Jr Said he wants out of freight. I've looked for where he has said that and can't find it. I'm just interested in why he doesn't want to be in this industry. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Great question Hillbilly and the answer is he never said that or half the other things people post on here ! It's like all the post that blame the Teamsters for stuff they have no control over . So many uninformed people post there " thoughts" and never bother to look for the truth .

First off I'm not with the company nor any union. I've seen on this board a few time that Hoffa Jr Said he wants out of freight. I've looked for where he has said that and can't find it. I'm just interested in why he doesn't want to be in this industry. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Great question Hillbilly and the answer is he never said that or half the other things people post on here ! It's like all the post that blame the Teamsters for stuff they have no control over . So many uninformed people post there " thoughts" and never bother to look for the truth .

What are the Teamsters primarily made up of now? Try reading a little before attacking R-14

"Carey narrowly won that election – he overwhelmingly carried the minority of UPS workers who actually voted, split the minority of freight and carhaul members who voted with Hoffa and lost all the other divisions.

Carey had ran on his record – and Hoffa ran on a promise to basically abandon any effort to re unionize the freight industry and to focus on rebuilding the Teamsters as a union of UPS workers, hospital workers and public employees.

As in 1991, over 80% of teamsters didn’t bother to vote for either candidate."

JACKKNIFED ...the collapse of the Teamsters in the freight industry - C. L. Writers' Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't attacking you but now that YOU brought it up prove YOUR claim ! Don't change the subject this is what I was talking about and you know it ! So please prove YOUR claim that Hoffa Jr said he wanted out of freight . And do NOT quote another message board as it is not news it's someones post !

What are the Teamsters primarily made up of now? Try reading a little before attacking R-14

"Carey narrowly won that election – he overwhelmingly carried the minority of UPS workers who actually voted, split the minority of freight and carhaul members who voted with Hoffa and lost all the other divisions.

Carey had ran on his record – and Hoffa ran on a promise to basically abandon any effort to re unionize the freight industry and to focus on rebuilding the Teamsters as a union of UPS workers, hospital workers and public employees.

JACKKNIFED ...the collapse of the Teamsters in the freight industry - C. L. Writers' Forum

So did a lot of others.

International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) | National Legal and Policy Center