3 day weekends

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
So here's a thought, the weekends go by so quickly there over before I know it, of course it's also already almost Wednesday so I guess the weeks fly by too. Anyhow sometimes I think you know a 4 day work week would be nice, but that would mean 4 harder days so I have to watch it.

However that aside usually after two days I'm still kind of ehh, but usually after the 3rd day off I'm ready to go full boar. It's almost like 2 days isn't always enough any one else feel that way?

3 day weekends are the best, like you said you do really have a chance to recharge and the added downtime I think it also helps stave off burnout, plus working a 4 day week it seems like humpday almost starts on day one and your always that much closer always close to a day off, I never had the Sunday PM/Monday AM start times, but to me that just seemed like it would eat up too much time on Sunday either thinking about work, getting stuff ready for work or hitting the hay earlier, I had 2- 2 day routes delivering only 3 days with a Tuesday Am early(1:00) and would get back about 4:30-5 Wed PM, basically Thursday off and then a Friday AM start (1:30) and back to the warehouse by 6:30 AM Saturday having delivered it all on Friday, I loved it, but than they added stops and that 6:30 AM became 9, then 10, and then 11 as they kept adding stops and then I left before they had me coming back at 1:00 by delivering on Sat.

This week I've been meaning to get up early, well I think Tuesday I got up at 1:15am and didn't actually leave the house till 2:25am it takes me a minute sometimes to get up. This week though haven't been to tired so that's good.

Your draining yourself out Mike, not leaving enough time for Mike. Be careful running your self that not good for your health. Our body's are a machine. Just like if you run a car hard and abuse it, more than likely something will go wrong with it.

How does Sysco Saturday work obviously I don't think they send the whole fleet out on Saturday? I mean okay figure Sysco Cleveland is probably at the main warehouse 100 trucks so that means probably 95 routes obviously not all those routes go out on Saturday so does that mean they have routes that are M-F and then routes that might be Tues-Sat or however it works, because obviously I know they don't run a full ship on Saturday.

No we have about 82 routes and only 4 work on Saturday only the newest guys work Saturday and it is for our biggest customer that gets orders.