Holland | 3 hour early call for city work.

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
Management just discovered (he-he) they can give a shift a 3 hour early call. In hour local that means you get OT on the front end. Well for the last 10 years it’s been 2 hours. Actually we have had bids taken down because they tried to make an entire shift come in 3 hours early on Monday. Only answer I get here is there is a 3 hour force on the end of shift.

Want to save your union jobs at Holland? Tell every xpo driver you come across to vote the union in. Do the job Hoffa is too lazy to do

Want to save your union jobs at Holland? Tell every xpo driver you come across to vote the union in. Do the job Hoffa is too lazy to do

If most were honest with themselves, they would have a hard time coming up with reasons as to why they are paying Teamster dues, much less coming up with reasons to get XPO drivers to join.

Think about this , is working 60 plus hours a week healthy for you or benefits the company more and will they put that on your tombstone great guy but worked himself to death .
1822200bdd87d531617ea59d48471b60.jpg

I know the truth hurts, but making believe the Teamster leadership is for us, and working for us, is only fantasy.
Not to get off the topic of the thread. This might be a little lengthy so I’ll try to keep it short.

The lady next door to me is 87 years old and the best neighbor you could ask for, she lost her husband 22 years ago he was a retired teamster. She had a salesman come to look into a stairlift and asked me to come over so he didn’t try to take advantage of her. He wanted $12,000 for two lifts. When he left she said she wasn’t going to buy from him because she didn’t like him, she told me she could afford the monthly payments
Because she gets her husbands teamster pension and she’s lived ok off it after losing him and how greatful she was that her husband looked out for her.

If we could still say that about the teamster pension funds non union guys would be lined up to sign on.

By the way I found her two used lifts for $1500 that my son helped me install, they work fine and she’s happy as could be.

Not to get off the topic of the thread. This might be a little lengthy so I’ll try to keep it short.

The lady next door to me is 87 years old and the best neighbor you could ask for, she lost her husband 22 years ago he was a retired teamster. She had a salesman come to look into a stairlift and asked me to come over so he didn’t try to take advantage of her. He wanted $12,000 for two lifts. When he left she said she wasn’t going to buy from him because she didn’t like him, she told me she could afford the monthly payments
Because she gets her husbands teamster pension and she’s lived ok off it after losing him and how greatful she was that her husband looked out for her.

If we could still say that about the teamster pension funds non union guys would be lined up to sign on.

By the way I found her two used lifts for $1500 that my son helped me install, they work fine and she’s happy as could be.

Great heart Brother. That is what being a Teamster and just a Godly man in general is all about. OBEDIENCE!!

Nice story and not disrespecting the story or anybody in it , but the story for driver's retiring now or in the future years in will it in a SAD ending with the fund going BROKE in 2025 , so NO surviving wives or driver's will have Happy ending !

Nice story and not disrespecting the story or anybody in it , but the story for driver's retiring now or in the future years in will it in a SAD ending with the fund going BROKE in 2025 , so NO surviving wives or driver's will have Happy ending !
It’s a sad truth Wong. Hopefully by some miracle it improves.

Tell it like it is wongway. Nobody wants to hear it. It's like looking at a gangrene limb and pretending it's not there. Hoffa and every pro Hoffa supporter at the local level are responsible.