FedEx Freight | 300 new trucks coming in June

Credits
270 rental trucks in the system now due to transition from teams to relays.
Confirmed that 300 new trucks will start delivery in June.
Supposedly International Prostars with Eaton\Vorad.

[quote author=Mike Varnco link=topic=79453.msg823612#msg823612 date=1271898054]
270 rental trucks in the system now due to transition from teams to relays.
Confirmed that 300 new trucks will start delivery in June.
Supposedly International Prostars with Eaton\Vorad.
[/quote]

Thanks for the News Mike....I was told 2 or 3 months ago that their was money in the coming year budget which Starts June 1st. for more new Tractors, so this seems to fit...

Yeah and FXN was going to put on 98 new runs back about 4 months ago in SRT. :thumbsup: it was also said in this forum that "everything was going as scheduled." :stir: Let me guess 98 of them are for SRT, starting in June, yeah right. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I agree drivers that come in and do put the trk in the shop to get it fixed should be paid for shop time. Now they will still get paid for shop time because of late bid leave. Either way the driver is going to get paid or drivers and thier out thier will force a rd service call and in the worse case they will just dump it on to the next driver. Like you this is just a costly move by Fedex :shift:

My fedex freight truck is an 08 prostar which I got new in nov 07.
It has been in the shop more than the road since I got it.

Every time I hit a deer it seems to take 3 months to fix it. It is 2 and a half years old and only has 160k miles due to all the shop time.

It is a very nice truck, just wish parts were easier to get.

I hope Chr gets 15 or 20 of them. We are back to running slam out of trucks again. And I'm glad everybody is back to work. I would rather have Volvos but even the prostars are better than the rentals. And its all in what your used too. :shift:

[quote author=Waffleman link=topic=79453.msg824383#msg824383 date=1272141199]
My fedex freight truck is an 08 prostar which I got new in nov 07.
It has been in the shop more than the road since I got it.

Every time I hit a deer it seems to take 3 months to fix it. It is 2 and a half years old and only has 160k miles due to all the shop time.

It is a very nice truck, just wish parts were easier to get.
[/quote]

Maybe you should to leave the deer alone then you can drive it more....the deer would appreciate it too!!!! Just joking with you!!! :beerchug:

I do seem to get more than my fair share. 4 last year, 5 the year before that and so far 1 this year.

Hope they don't charge me with poaching.

[quote author=Waffleman link=topic=79453.msg824523#msg824523 date=1272205016]
I do seem to get more than my fair share. 4 last year, 5 the year before that and so far 1 this year.

Hope they don't charge me with poaching.
[/quote]

You gotta stay out of them fields with the truck!!!! :biggrin:

I haven't heard whether we will get any twin screws, but I doubt it......I know they will all be Internationals.

My meet man showed up the other day in a lease truck that was one of the brand new prostars. I got up in it and it ain't bad from just a look see in the cab. I put in alot of time at my old job in a 8600 series and this prostar looks much better inside. But I'm like most you guys, give me a Volvo over any cornbinder.

Why are they moving away from the Volvos when FXF just took delivery of a boat load of them? Wouldn't they get a volume discount buying in bulk?

[quote author=kwikie link=topic=79453.msg825160#msg825160 date=1272398361]
Why are they moving away from the Volvos when FXF just took delivery of a boat load of them? Wouldn't they get a volume discount buying in bulk?
[/quote]
I wondered the same thing myself. Maybe Volvo could'nt meet the demand quick enough?

[quote author=Kings disciple link=topic=79453.msg824813#msg824813 date=1272286576]
My meet man showed up the other day in a lease truck that was one of the brand new prostars. I got up in it and it ain't bad from just a look see in the cab. I put in alot of time at my old job in a 8600 series and this prostar looks much better inside.[/quote]

Wait till you go up a hill in that POS.
You'll be chugging along like the little train that couldn't. :biglaugh: