SEFL | 32 hrs a week

This is a good discussion.

Why is it that when freight slows, it's the guys out on the street busting their asses and dealing with customers who get a short paycheck?

Does the TM get his salary cut? Instead of his $70,000 is he making $63,000 when the bill-count drops? No, I can guarantee you he's getting his $70K or whatever.

Under the National Master Freight Agreement (ala Yellow, Roadway, ABF) and also UPS Freight...those guys are GUARANTEED 40 hours per the contract.

And that's the way it should be because it prevents these companies from over-hiring.

This is what pizz's me off. A team takes the highs with the lows, sharing it all. Leadership wines and dines us with how we are all feeling the effects of our times, how we all need to take a cut to stay viable and competitive........ A real team would take a cut that means evey player whether he/she is hourly or salary, salary takes a percentage per week cut. But not this team i play for. Cuts are made to a select group of players p@d. All that wining and dining serves up one plate, a plate of bull sheet!!!!

:thumbsup:
:chairshot:
they are not guarenteed 40 hrs, if they punch in they make their 8 no matter what. Read the Yellowroadway board, lots of layoffs. If they don't make enough days a month, they will loose their bennies.

Not true, depending on the region determines your HW&P. Here in my area, if you work 3 days that week your beenies are paid in full for that week regardless your on layoff or not. Layoff isn't what people really think it is here, some guyz don't mind a layoff cause they can work the week the way they want. On the city side basically layoff means you don't have a, start time
and you're on call.

The 40 hrs if not on layoff is quarenteed, matter of fact when we punch in the company has you for 10 hrs if they want so the 8 and done is if it is slow. If guys are on layoff most of the guys who are not will work their 40 hrs or more by thursday and book off friday so those guyz can get their days in for that week:thumbsup:

Its in the contract per say NMFA supplemental language:Rulz:.

Just wanted to clear that up that issue LTL

well i guess im on layoff, im only working 3 days this week

MJ234 you are getting at least 32 hours, I hope, correct??? 32 hours or even 40 in 4 days, is still a positive. That's what I shoot for. We have many POS(pieces of sheet) that do 2 or 3 home depot drops all on the same trailer that milk out an easy 12 hour day while I bust my 2 sperm producing organs all day long getting off 22 stops in 8 different counties in 16 different townships for the same pay...... Cut the footdraggers, and give me my 40 hours!!!!!!!

MJ234 you are getting at least 32 hours, I hope, correct??? 32 hours or even 40 in 4 days, is still a positive. That's what I shoot for. We have many POS(pieces of sheet) that do 2 or 3 home depot drops all on the same trailer that milk out an easy 12 hour day while I bust my 2 sperm producing organs all day long getting off 22 stops in 8 different counties in 16 different townships for the same pay...... Cut the footdraggers, and give me my 40 hours!!!!!!!

i am averageing between 33-40hrs a week, and you are right about the milk runs. i am just like you i leave out with 18 plus stops and average 220 miles a day. but wait a mintue, i see a newbie pulling solid loads all day long, and just today i seen 2 drivers eating lunch at golden corral at 12 oclock. i wish i had time to stop at 12 and eat, hell im lucky to take 30 mins at all.

i am averageing between 33-40hrs a week, and you are right about the milk runs. i am just like you i leave out with 18 plus stops and average 220 miles a day. but wait a mintue, i see a newbie pulling solid loads all day long, and just today i seen 2 drivers eating lunch at golden corral at 12 oclock. i wish i had time to stop at 12 and eat, hell im lucky to take 30 mins at all.

leadership takes care of the one's who skrew them the most, and leadership skrews the ones who take care of them the most. Great logic here......

leadership takes care of the one's who skrew them the most, and leadership skrews the ones who take care of them the most. Great logic here......

As they say down south.."you gotta dance with the one that brought ya"... dont they know who got them where they are?

In the mean while, we all gotta just hang tough and be smart. Take for instance the position that bsmjuem is in. If he was as smart as he seems to be he'd be bettering himself so he could slide into that saftey job down there. Talk about getting some hours. I heard from another Safteyman its nothing for the west palm saftey guy to get 55-60 hours:butt kiss:. Try doing that math without a calculator. I'd have 2 trucks and a freightliner:1036316054:. I've heard that his 2 hour lunches with the misses, some mid day shopping sprees, a couple of on-the-clock haircuts and a whole lot of backstabing :nutkick:has got him on the short list of ways to cut cost:smilie_132:.

This company is the only one I know of that does not hold it against you if you try to go from driving or dock to management. If you dont feel secure, fill out an application for a tie job. It aint for me but times like these I might have a change of heart REAL SOON.

As they say down south.."you gotta dance with the one that brought ya"... dont they know who got them where they are?

In the mean while, we all gotta just hang tough and be smart. Take for instance the position that bsmjuem is in. If he was as smart as he seems to be he'd be bettering himself so he could slide into that saftey job down there. Talk about getting some hours. I heard from another Safteyman its nothing for the west palm saftey guy to get 55-60 hours:butt kiss:. Try doing that math without a calculator. I'd have 2 trucks and a freightliner:1036316054:. I've heard that his 2 hour lunches with the misses, some mid day shopping sprees, a couple of on-the-clock haircuts and a whole lot of backstabing :nutkick:has got him on the short list of ways to cut cost:smilie_132:.

This company is the only one I know of that does not hold it against you if you try to go from driving or dock to management. If you dont feel secure, fill out an application for a tie job. It aint for me but times like these I might have a change of heart REAL SOON.

I think u might have posted this to the wrong thread?????

(rant on)I think some of you should try to go else where and work yea it sucks not getting hours/miles but I have been laid off before 32 hours a week is a lot better than 200 dollars a week drawing your pennies it has'nt gotten bad yet better suck it up and stay lowkey this winter just my opinion. I got 2000 miles in 6 days and was glad to get it what good does it do to come on here and whine your term is no differnt from the rest.(rant off)

I dont think so.

I know what the "BS" in bsmjuem. What does the rest mean?

You have 32 hours in by Wed. Enough with stirring the pot you dont even swim in. Last chance b4 you are outed.

1st off I never stated I was getting 32 hours by wed. 2nd you do not know what 'BS' in my handle means. Its not bull s..t , as your ignorant 2nd grade home schooled wanna be education, if that's what you want to call it is. Reread the thread and comment as your age and knowledge allow. You seem to be one of those wild peice of sheet drivers who cannot deliver more than 3 stops in an 10 hour period, who SUCKED AND SWALLOWED, ALONG WITH LUCK, who got a line haul slot without paying your dues . U need to take aim at the problem, not the solutionyou PUTZ!

1st off I never stated I was getting 32 hours by wed. 2nd you do not know what 'BS' in my handle means. Its not bull s..t , as your ignorant 2nd grade home schooled wanna be education, if that's what you want to call it is. Reread the thread and comment as your age and knowledge allow. You seem to be one of those wild peice of sheet drivers who cannot deliver more than 3 stops in an 10 hour period, who SUCKED AND SWALLOWED, ALONG WITH LUCK, who got a line haul slot without paying your dues . U need to take aim at the problem, not the solutionyou PUTZ!

U also need to input to area's that affect your current situation. You are linehaul not p@d. Any possible variables that may have to help our, again the P@D cause, not the linehaul dept , is subject to change as your qualifications to such are inept and incidental. I do not infringe on line haul issues, because I am not in that dept. You need to sustain from my, again P@D issues, only until you can show valid credentials showing your DIRECT INVOLVEMENT within the current p@d issue!!!! Also you threw many stones at our safety officer without verifying the quarry from which you mined the stones?????? Can you give us the exact location of your source of stonage or is it all here say! b4 you leap make sure you have a place to land!!!!!

I dont think so.

You have 32 hours in by Wed. Enough with stirring the pot you dont even swim in. Last chance b4 you are outed.

1st they attack MJ, now they are attacking BSMJUEM, well i guess its because we speak the truth.

I dont think so.

Mikejones234, fifthwheelga private messaged me apologizing to me about his accusations regarding that statement. I accepted his apology based on ignorance. I like you , think he does not work for SEFL, or was released and or let go from the company. And on the other hand if he is what he said he is, through his profile, in fact a linehaul driver, for SEFL, why he he even posting on this P@D related issue??

Amen, all the sales people recieved brand new impalas a few months ago, and i just saw the tm with his this week, that must be nice

And I bet they don't even have to shut the engine off at every stop they make or have a 3 Minuit idle time shut off function.......