TForce | 401-k

Good luck finding anything out. I've called twice on this issue and both times have been told they would "look into it".

Does anyone know if we can sell off some stock. Has anyone done this. I don't know what the company rules are regarding the sale of stocks that are matched into the 401k by UPS. From doing a little research on 401k with a company match in stock its a good idea to dump anything over 20% in stock.

I dont think you can sell off the company match stock, but I do think you can convert the value into your asset allocations within the 401-k itself. Not sure if they make you hold it for a period of time first or not.

If you sell your company stock you can not purchase again for one year. (according to the booklet we got from UPS savings plans)

If you sell your company stock you can not purchase again for one year. (according to the booklet we got from UPS savings plans)
Maybe wrong, but the way I read it was that if you are 50 or over, then you take the stock and cash it out in your fund and move it to your other 401k funds. I could be wrong. :hide:

Thanks, But Im not talking about the company stock purchase program. I am wondering if we can sell the stock that is matched by ups into the 401k. If it could be sold and added to the ballance of the 401k. keeping a maximum of 20% stock value in the 401k at all times?

Thanks, But Im not talking about the company stock purchase program. I am wondering if we can sell the stock that is matched by ups into the 401k. If it could be sold and added to the ballance of the 401k. keeping a maximum of 20% stock value in the 401k at all times?

You can't touch your company stock for two years....It's against the law....Insider trading and all.....