1. I need some pickup truck owners to visit my next project and help me get it off the ground by registering and posting a few pics and providing a little feedback and suggestions . Go to Truckingboards.net

CENTRAL TRANSPORT 401k plans

Discussion in 'Central Transport' started by avatar, Nov 21, 2013.

1. avatar

Called JP Morgan yesterday to switch my plan over into an IRA. Was told there is a hold on all Vitran accounts untill further notice. Seems that we are only CT employees in ares that suit the company.

2. vijax

vijax Active Member

called Roxanne in pitt, you have to wait until it becomes ct fidelitiy 401k then you can switch. vitran never put a dime in our 401k. , its the employees money, not ct. total bs

3. had enough

had enough pErSoN oF iNtErEsT

412.453.4842 roxanne

4. avatar

Yea called Roxanne she's not answering or returning calls. This is total bs. I don't want my money in anything that has to do with Central. After reading up on this guy just don't trust it.

5. had enough

she said nothing can be done until all vitran terminals are closed, basically dragging their feet.

6. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Active Member

You'll have access to your funds eventually. There are laws about these things. Just keep your records so you can prove how much you had in there.

In a Corporate Merger, What Happens to Your 401k - 401khelpcenter.com

7. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Active Member

They're not dragging their feet. Read the link I posted. It's a complicated process that can take months.

8. had enough

did'nt take that long when we changed from pjax to vitran.

9. sadsack679

sadsack679 Active Member

Yea, Bernie Maddoff isn't answering calls from "ANYONE" in Pitt at the moment. Some people out there are in panic mode.

10. simple723

simple723 Active Member

Called JP Morgan today funds are still on hold. When I first called last month the excuse was that I am still a Vitran employee, todays excuse is they are waiting to see what CT wants to do with my money. WOW

11. Jeepstr723

Jeepstr723 Well-Known Member

One of our fellow brothers made that same call and he said that I could post the answer he got. " if you terminate employment you can still get to it. Once you provide a document from CT for them to release it". On another note, anybody hear from their TM's requesting them to sign a document about CT not having to pay the employee $500.00 for not giving 2 weeks notice. Not sure what he is talking about, though.

12. simple723

simple723 Active Member

The only thing i heard about is if you return the handheld back damaged you could be liable.

13. nophix

nophix Active Member

The paper says if you give, and complete a 2 week notice, they will give you a $500 bonus.

14. simple723

simple723 Active Member

All 401k accounts will be rolled over to central transports 401k. This will take effect in about 2 months or less.

15. Jeepstr723

Do they also deduct your uniforms, jacket and hat when you terminate?

16. ABFer

ABFer I live Here

You'll have to stay on top of it. If you leave you should get your money and can roll it into a rollover IRA. If you are still there when it gets sent to the CT plan and you are 59 1/2 or older you can get it out of there into a rollover IRA. If you are not 59 1/2 and stay you are stuck with the change.

17. Jacknife18

Jacknife18 Senile Member

LOL... This place is crooked like a question mark. :-P

18. ct42long

ct42long Active Member

CT contributes 600. to your 401 every February, once a year .... the rest you contribute. and no quips or smart remarks with this post.....:couch:

19. Jeepstr723

Sounds like more lies, lies, lies as usual.

20. had enough

sounds like they'll try to rid those vitran drivers before feb then.