401k release

Ok. I was curious to see if our accounts were released yet. Guess what??? They aren't. So I called jevic office and spoke to a lady in HR who said that fidelity was notified fri/13th but it would take a few days to update on our account status. We are supposed to wait for a letter from fidelity on instructions reguarding our options for closing our accounts, then call them to do so. It's been a month on thurs. this is getting ridiculous..but what choice do we have than to jump thru yet another hoop for dear old Jevic. Thnx for the laughs......a**holes. I hope all senior mngmt dies of cancer. SCUMBAGS.:chairshot:

posted on jevic website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ
401K Update

Please be advised that the Jevic Transportation 401k Savings Plan was terminated on June 13, 2008.

Within the next few days, Fidelity Investments will be mailing a letter to all participants at their home address. The paperwork will provide you with instructions so you can withdraw your account balance, including rolling it over to a new plan.

Please contact Fidelity after your receive your letter. If your address has changed or if you do not receive a letter by 6/27, please contact Fidelity at 800 835 5097 to update your account.

DH phoned Fidelity last night. They know what is posted on Jevic's website, but claim they haven't received the paperwork from Jevic yet informing them Jevic is closed. They said when we get their letter we will know they received and processed the paperwork from Jevic. Until then don't call back because they can't do anything with the account.

I think they got the notice, but until they update your account are saying they haven't. Speedy service when it takes 1 1/2 months to get the job done!

Big Snap ,Get on Walmart Web Site In the Pharmacy Look What Cripts are available for 4 Bucks If they have a generic it is only 4 dollars When you go to the window tell them you don"t Have insurance and give them the percription They will do the rest

Walmart doesn't do generic Lipitor but what might work is simply calling your doctor and either asking if he has samples enough to give you to tide you over until you get insurance or if he can write you a prescription for a generic that IS on walmart's list.

This is absolutely CRAP that anyone is even having to go through this. Even a couple of days notice would have given people the opportunity to take care of some of this stuff. You cant tell me that they didnt know about this well before it actually took place. Big Snap, I dont know how much I can help. But if you have a PayPal account PM me your email address. And I'd be willing to help as much as I can. If you're unsuccessful in your efforts.

The only 40mg Cholesterol meds I see on Walmart website is PRAVASTATIN. Check with your MD to see if this would work. If you have a good relationship with your doctor. They should work with you. Good Luck.

Big Snap ,Get on Walmart Web Site In the Pharmacy Look What Cripts are available for 4 Bucks If they have a generic it is only 4 dollars When you go to the window tell them you don"t Have insurance and give them the percription They will do the rest

Thank you for the info.

Any update on the WARN act litigation or we all gonna get screwed out of that too ??

If you talked to a lawyer or filled out the questionairre on the web you should be covered. It will take a long while before anything is done with the suit. The lawyers filed the suit and are still collecting the required amount of names to make this a class action suit(they get more money for less work that way) After the court classifies it as Class Action , lawyers for both side will request motions for their side that a judge will have to rule on. After all preliminary motions are ruled on, there will be an initial trial date set. The lawyers will usually start notifying you of what's going on at this point. They may require you to be a witness. Usually there will be offers and counter offers for settlements. This whole process can take years without a pre trial settlement. Be aware that there probably would be the need for a full trial to get everything you are entitled to. So be prepared for a long wait to any word on this.

the class action law`suit may very well drag into next year or longer, if your looking for some money soon put it out of you mind for now. think of it as some money you forgot in a coat pocket,and one day it be there and you will be a little richer!!

Just curious has anyone received any paperwork from Fidelity? I still haven't received anything and I am still getting the run around when I call Fidelity directly. I have also contacted HR at Jevic about our 401k account and they state that the account has been terminated but now Fidelity is not wanting to release the accounts as of friday 6/20/08!
I know that many of us are waiting to gain access to our money due to health reasons (which is why I am needing access to it..having to go go Mayo Clinic in MN for a 3rd opinion).
HAS ANYONE RECEIVED THE PAPERWORK?

nothing yet

I got nothing yet in my mail box except an Illinois unemployment check, and a lot of that went for groceries. Everyone else will just have to wait. A question notneb, my banker told me there was a clause in the 401k that allowed a "qualified distrubution" (if it was being switched as ours are) and you were over 55, you only pay the tax on withdrawal not the penalty. Heard of this?

I am only 38 so I don't qualify for this clause but there is also another clause that allows for distribution if I were to be permenently disabled (which I should know more about in the next few weeks but I am needing access to my money to help assist with copays). Luckily my wife's insurance picked us all up and is covering my preexisting condition but I still have copays and deductibles to cover (again) since Jevic cancelled our insurance. Add on top of it all a trip to MN and if the cards up there decide it is time for surgery then time off for my wife and room and board for her to be with me while/after surgery, then more added expenses if surgery is done.
I just wish one of the companys would realize that they are playing "GOD" with our money....not their money. I was always told that I could cancel out my 401k and get access and even have tried to do that and have beeen blocked.
Growing more and more flusterated here!

like i said before... i hope all of senior mngmnt dies of cancer. f... 'em all. And i don't give a rat's *** if they do throw me of the board for my comments.

go to fidelity!!!!!!!!! i just checked and my 401k has been released and i was one of the last bunch to go. all of my funds have been released to be withdrawn. i should receive my check by 7/2. a fellow driver, ron, from j8. best of luck to everybody.

go to fidelity!!!!!!!!! i just checked and my 401k has been released and i was one of the last bunch to go. all of my funds have been released to be withdrawn. i should receive my check by 7/2. a fellow driver, ron, from j8. best of luck to everybody.
Thanks for the heads up very helpful!!!