New Penn | 4th Qrt Numbers ?

Yikes operating at 95.7 in what is called the greatest operating environment since deregulation. Plus $700 million in corporate welfare.
Something is not right here....
The good carriers are operating around 80 or under. One would expect Yellow to be in the high 80's with all the advantages they have. At the very least....

Yikes operating at 95.7 in what is called the greatest operating environment since deregulation. Plus $700 million in corporate welfare.
Something is not right here....
The good carriers are operating around 80 or under. One would expect Yellow to be in the high 80's with all the advantages they have. At the very least....
ABF was 91.6, if you think we will ever do better than them you are dreaming IMO.

Actually ABF was 86.9.....Arcbest was 91.6....
ArcBest earnings are impressive, but 86.9 OR isn't the number. All P/L statements are the same. It's the bottom number that counts. That's 91.6, 4% less than 2020. More importantly these are EBITDA numbers. EBITDA means before taxes, depreciation and amortization. Amortization meaning equipment and facilities which cannot be written off at the time of purchase.

I took the numbers from that...I'm not even sure what that all means.

ArcBest earnings are impressive, but 86.9 OR isn't the number. All P/L statements are the same. It's the bottom number that counts. That's 91.6, 4% less than 2020. More importantly these are EBITDA numbers. EBITDA means before taxes, depreciation and amortization. Amortization meaning equipment and facilities which cannot be written off at the time of purchase.

I took the numbers from that...I'm not even sure what that all means.
It was posted by RB...it is Arcbest numbers combined with ABF, our OR is 86.9, asset light was much higher, our bonus is based solely on ABF numbers........it was one of those (many) times that he didnt know what he was talking about....

Last edited:
Actually ABF was 86.9.....Arcbest was 91.6....
That's impressive.

Carriers must be performing very well in these 'great times' My guess is we hit the skids in Q3 or later.
America is a $21 Trillion economy that has over $30 Trillion in debt.
We will hit the wall some time soon, that will be ugly because the government will no longer print money.
Companies must be in good shape for that....