XPO | 5% giveback at tomorrows meeting

:hide:I will ask the question: Are we going to be taking a wage reduction?
I do not expect, or think we are going to get an answer from you. It would not serve your best interests!:smilie_132:

I think you know that I am not going to be giving any details from tomorrow's meeting...we didn't have some secret handshake ceremony or swear to god on the bible thing, but we were asked to allow the meetings to take place tomorrow...you will all be attending, I am sure...or you should be, anyway...

I will probably miss it so would appreciate an accurate synopsis.

maybe were getting a raise.Go to yahoo finance and go to conway and go to insider transactions and look on jan.26th all the big wigs were given thousands of shares of stock for free as a bonus.And we can pay millions for a race truck.But we have to give up pay? Something is wrong here.

PM me tomorrow for a summary...

Thank you for the offer, but I will/am getting it a few hours quicker in this east coast time zone.

Would post details but my info is 2nd hand. It gets lost in the translation.

heard there will be a 5% giveback across the board....
looks like the first non-union to do so...lead the way proud to say ..conway???

and will you retract your disparaging comment tomorrow?...hey i heard this last night from a manager ..why would he say it?..it might be about 401k also..who knows but we will all find out tomorrow...this site is for these type of instances..as far as stirring the pot i post facts some people dont like the truth

There has been alot of speculation what is going to happen at the meeting tomorrow ... 401k , insurance, etc ... I have a hard time believing the above poster because he has made a minimal amount of posts and has stirred the pot in other threads.. but if it is a give back it will surprise me ..

Greenie bump for you for posting accurate info.

maybe were getting a raise.Go to yahoo finance and go to conway and go to insider transactions and look on jan.26th all the big wigs were given thousands of shares of stock for free as a bonus.And we can pay millions for a race truck.But we have to give up pay? Something is wrong here.

CNW: Insider Transactions for CON-WAY INC - Yahoo! Finance

Read the Eighth commandment .... apologies to all who does not have faith or believe in what I believe.

[yt]sI1TPJ4xURI[/yt]

Yea it sucks but this has been brewing for some time I think. Economy is still swirling in the toilet bowl and I read yesterday that Brock Obama said this is going to last a little longer than they anticipated. Ya think! I have a question that I'm sure will get me flamed but I love the smell of grilled steak. Does anyone think that maybe we are not as financially stable as we have been led to believe? Are two differant pictures being painted? One of gloom and doom for the employees to look at and one of rainbows and butterflies and sunny skies being sold to investors.

Yea it sucks but this has been brewing for some time I think. Economy is still swirling in the toilet bowl and I read yesterday that Brock Obama said this is going to last a little longer than they anticipated. Ya think! I have a question that I'm sure will get me flamed but I love the smell of grilled steak. Does anyone think that maybe we are not as financially stable as we have been led to believe? Are two differant pictures being painted? One of gloom and doom for the employees to look at and one of rainbows and butterflies and sunny skies being sold to investors.

They answered your question with the givebacks.

At this point that would be an effort in futility. It is what it is. Trying to sell a rosy picture to the investors wouldn't work...people with money know money...it is what they do. What is being sold is what the company is proactively doing to survive...that is the schmooze of today!

Rat :loser:

If this is true kiss me bye...I have been through this before. A company tells you they need a pay cut to survive and 60 days later they are gone...

If Con-Way needs a pay cut then they are in worse shape than they have been letting on!

You are an expenditure...to be manipulated as required...your livelihood...your family and their continuity means nothing.

Its f##king stunning that a company who wishes to be acknowledged as the "best" goes to the extreme to prove the opposite. They have been hacking at us for years...and the majority of the employees suck it up and hope things will get better...it ain't gonna happen!

5% or no...there is going to be something! All the while the corporate upper echelon will sit in their high dollar chairs and pat themselves on the back for what a fine job they have done...satisfying the BOD and stockholders...

Ersrtwhile...the lowly whom depend upon their place of employment for their livelihood will have to suck it up. The higher ups want you to take in the @ss and get the ISWM...LSS...and whatever else while they are rewarded with large stock options and pats on the back for a job well done.

I would rather work for a company (making less money) than work for someone who has issues with honesty and integrity...whatever tomorrow brings it will as in times past just another knee-jerk reaction by those protecting their own @ss...

You still have that damn truck...you still have SCMs with cars to drive to and from work and a myriad of other moronic ideologies the company is not about to let go of....

Financed by my 5+%...

If this is true kiss me bye...I have been through this before. A company tells you they need a pay cut to survive and 60 days later they are gone...

If Con-Way needs a pay cut then they are in worse shape than they have been letting on!

You are an expenditure...to be manipulated as required...your livelihood...your family and their continuity means nothing.

Its f##king stunning that a company who wishes to be acknowledged as the "best" goes to the extreme to prove the opposite. They have been hacking at us for years...and the majority of the employees suck it up and hope things will get better...it ain't gonna happen!

5% or no...there is going to be something! All the while the corporate upper echelon will sit in their high dollar chairs and pat themselves on the back for what a fine job they have done...satisfying the BOD and stockholders...

Ersrtwhile...the lowly whom depend upon their place of employment for their livelihood will have to suck it up. The higher ups want you to take in the @ss and get the ISWM...LSS...and whatever else while they are rewarded with large stock options and pats on the back for a job well done.

I would rather work for a company (making less money) than work for someone who has issues with honesty and integrity...whatever tomorrow brings it will as in times past just another knee-jerk reaction by those protecting their own @ss...

This was in response to very accurate speculation that we would be hit with a 5% takeback - only.

How can you drive in the TDC for Conway if you're not working for Conway?

Yeah, he did say he was going to quit. I guess he had a change of heart.:biglaugh:

Yeah, and he's still pissed just like the rest of us...but, an opportunity presented itself to gain more info, he took the opportunity to go straight to the man and ask his questions, and he got answers....maybe not all the answers he hoped to get, but perhaps answers that helped him understand the situation better...
And I realize in some circles he will be ridiculed for this...

But the same opportunity is coming my way in the next 10 days, and I am going to take advantage of it because I am pissed, too..