R&L | 53x2

As far as I know, SBI South Bend, NOR Norwalk, YOU Youngstown handle LCV ,longer combination vehicles, for the Indiana/Ohio pike. NOR runs double 48 to SBI, SBI and YOU run triples that meet in Toledo. NOR runs single Turnpike trailers to BUF as Pennsylvania will not allow LCV on its stretch of I-90 and Ohio restricts them to the Toll road which follows I-76 to the state line, so no access from Ohio Pike to I-90 in NE Ohio anyways. BUF strings double 48's together and runs them East on the NY State Thruway which is I-90. I don't know where they terminate at. I think we run some LCV's out west somewhere as well, Kansas maybe. Don't quote me on that though.

As far as I know, SBI South Bend, NOR Norwalk, YOU Youngstown handle LCV ,longer combination vehicles, for the Indiana/Ohio pike. NOR runs double 48 to SBI, SBI and YOU run triples that meet in Toledo. NOR runs single Turnpike trailers to BUF as Pennsylvania will not allow LCV on its stretch of I-90 and Ohio restricts them to the Toll road which follows I-76 to the state line, so no access from Ohio Pike to I-90 in NE Ohio anyways. BUF strings double 48's together and runs them East on the NY State Thruway which is I-90. I don't know where they terminate at. I think we run some LCV's out west somewhere as well, Kansas maybe. Don't quote me on that though.
Can any standard issue tractor pull LCV

On Ohio/Indiana pike they have to be permitted and inspected. The numbers are added to the power unit. Drivers also have to be OK'd by pike. Strict about any violations in a CMV and personal vehicle. Extra inspection forms required above and beyond standard DVIR. Mechanically the trucks aren't very different than standard tractors. They have ECM set up differently to allow for more power/torque.

From what Ive seen and heard, there are power requirements for the tractors also. They are required to maintain a certain speed with a load which requires a certain horsepower.
You're correct. The older LCV trucks did have bigger motors. The newer ones are the X15 efficiency model just like the other trucks but the ECM is setup differently than the standard tractors as I understand it. When I first started I was on linehaul floating and we had a 9400 international that was a retired triples tractor. That thing pulled like a ***** ape! I don't think it knew it was pulling a load till you got above 40,000. It was beat up on the inside, AC didn't work and you could barely stand the noise and vibration but it would go down the road. It was still set at 74 mph and I used it for about two months till I apparently passed the wrong guy and he ratted me out to the shop. They turned it down to 68. It would still pull though.

In NY & Mass each tractor has to be certified by the manufacturer as does each lead trailer and dolly. NY allows a gross of138,000 and Mass allows 119,000 gross. The tractors, dollies and lead trailers must have your running permit number on them, upgraded fire ext and min horsepower rating. Each driver must get the LCV permits- at least 25 years old with 5 years exp. Must have doubles endorsement on lic at least 6 months.