Yellow | 6-01-2011

If you're willing to give up the pension it doesn't speak well of your judgment. voting no and giving up is poor judgment and there are quite a few of you doing it

The only thing that signifies poor judgement to me is believing that a pension with only one company contributing to it is sustainable. I would much rather have a high paying job with solid work rules that have been gained over many years and a 401K Roth with a high percentage match that I control (and YRC would have jumped at) rather than a low paying job AND giving up everything that has been achieved AND bringing down everyone else for the HOPE that they will put 25% in come June (Which they won't). The POOR judgement belongs to the YES men.:chairshot:

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that signifies poor judgement to me is believing that a pension with only one company contributing to it is sustainable. I would much rather have a high paying job with solid work rules that have been gained over many years and a 401K Roth with a high percentage match that I control (and YRC would have jumped at) rather than a low paying job AND giving up everything that has been achieved AND bringing down everyone else for the HOPE that they will put 25% in come June (Which they won't). The POOR judgement belongs to the YES men.:chairshot:

so you want a tax free Roth with high match? Who's going to match what you have to pay in..the company? I don't think so. The funds? I don't think so.

What sense is you paying $5,000 a year into your own pension when now it only cost you union dues and it cost the company $8.00 an hour in normal times. Before the YRC collapse..if you retired at 62-63 with a 35 yr pension you could retire and collect $750,000-$1,000,000 in 20 years if you live that long..not counting social security.

As long as you live you get two checks a month plus what your wife gets..
if you think you can beat that picking your own stocks..don't even think about it cuz
you will go broke and retire a homeless person so use that chair to beat some sense into your head and ask for 1 more pick up every day from your customers so that maybe YRC can resume operations with the pension

so you want a tax free Roth with high match? Who's going to match what you have to pay in..the company? I don't think so. The funds? I don't think so.

What sense is you paying $5,000 a year into your own pension when now it only cost you union dues and it cost the company $8.00 an hour in normal times. Before the YRC collapse..if you retired at 62-63 with a 35 yr pension you could retire and collect $750,000-$1,000,000 in 20 years if you live that long..not counting social security.

As long as you live you get two checks a month plus what your wife gets..
if you think you can beat that picking your own stocks..don't even think about it cuz
you will go broke and retire a homeless person so use that chair to beat some sense into your head and ask for 1 more pick up every day from your customers so that maybe YRC can resume operations with the pension

YRC would jump at the chance to match and get out of the pension. I'd rather be working,making a good wage, have strong work rules and paying into my retirement than laid off and have nothing put into either one only to be called back (IF we're that lucky) to lousy money,NO work rules and No pension . The Chair is hitting who it should YES Men who continue to drink the Kool-Aid. Yes in it's time the pension was great, but Today
THE PENSION IS GONE!!!! Face it.....View attachment 120

YRC would jump at the chance to match and get out of the pension. I'd rather be working,making a good wage, have strong work rules and paying into my retirement than laid off and have nothing put into either one only to be called back (IF we're that lucky) to lousy money,NO work rules and No pension . The Chair is hitting who it should YES Men who continue to drink the Kool-Aid. Yes in it's time the pension was great, but Today
THE PENSION IS GONE!!!! Face it.....
2263535-depressed-girl-with-angel-wings-and-snowflakes.jpg

The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg
sorry to say Johnny, the pension will never be what it once was, the economy will never be what it once was, unemployment will always be high. Welcome to the 1930's. That depression lasted 14
years or so and so will this one

images

It may well be that we have to consider allowing the Co. some leeway on that re-entry date. 6 more months or a year wouldn't be unreasonable if that is what it would take to save YRC. Whatever it takes. You non YRC people , buzz off.

It may well be that we have to consider allowing the Co. some leeway on that re-entry date. 6 more months or a year wouldn't be unreasonable if that is what it would take to save YRC. Whatever it takes. You non YRC people , buzz off.
th_ebd7b489.jpg
It's hard to imagine things will be like they once were since we've been in the longest recession since the 30's with no end in sight and not getting any help from Washington on the orphan matter and with YRC having one crisis after another.

Everything in trucking is tied to the economy. One would have to be an extreme optimist to think that would return to be what it once was
th_14.gif

It's official....we have the first YES vote for the Spring concession vote!

Maybe iif some of you stopped blaiming the yes voters and got off your asses and tried to piut in a hard days work and try to make the compnay succeed thjngs would be different. I hope the behavior of some on here osnt mirrored in real life at the job because soem of you make me want to puke-pass around the panties and tampons, you guys would vbe better off watchong richard simmons tapes and doing yoga-what a crew of puzzies.

Maybe iif some of you stopped blaiming the yes voters and got off your asses and tried to piut in a hard days work and try to make the compnay succeed thjngs would be different. I hope the behavior of some on here osnt mirrored in real life at the job because soem of you make me want to puke-pass around the panties and tampons, you guys would vbe better off watchong richard simmons tapes and doing yoga-what a crew of puzzies.
DING DING DING! We Have a winner! You drink more than me during the day! Still don't know what the hell you said though!

shoe i think that teamguy must of not got to work last week.after that rant its clear he wasnt able to get his meds that he needs to function in a normal manner

DING DING DING! We Have a winner! You drink more than me during the day! Still don't know what the hell you said though!

Teamguy must be laid off and drinking heavily due to the fact that he cannot believe the company laid him off because he has good work ethics. The truth is the Co. does not care about you or us, we are a number to them.

shoe i think that teamguy must of not got to work last week.after that rant its clear he wasn
t able to get his meds that he needs to function in a normal manner

longblade, guys like you sit all day and post your crying and dissent- its hard to imagine you do much work during the day. I favor YRC cleaning out dead weight like you and replacing yourranks with men who want to actually work and justify theirm lives.

you are right i dont do much during the days . after 21 years best i can still do is night bids .
have fun gotta go to work my 85% worth.
ps you couldnt keep up with me on my worse day -night .
since you dont have much to do you might want to fill out your profile and tell us all where you are a super at .

Keep doing your 85% pretty soon you'll have do 75%, then when you're looking to place blame you won't have far to look.
Nobody likes the cuts or the moves but looking to screw the company every chance you get will only make it worse.

Keep doing your 85% pretty soon you'll have do 75%, then when you're looking to place blame you won't have far to look.
Nobody likes the cuts or the moves but looking to screw the company every chance you get will only make it worse.

I really dont thibk guys like the lazy whiners here aunderstand that their lack of work ethic and attempts to do as little as possible are going to destroy the company-i dont think theyre smart enough.

first off, don't listen to jay c, a person with that many post's really don't know what they are talking about. This company is not loosing money, they are paying their bill's taking money off of the profit. They needed the concession's because of the economy and loosing alot of revenue. We will get back to normal but it will take time. do you really think the bank's would give yrc more money if they where not paying their bill's? So take with a grain of salt and go to work and do a good job, I know we all have an attitude with the concession's, but we need to pull together and get this ship back on track so we can get back to full rate. have a good day

I really dont thibk guys like the lazy whiners here aunderstand that their lack of work ethic and attempts to do as little as possible are going to destroy the company-i dont think theyre smart enough.
And how does having a work ethic help the company? Even with you running around like a banshee you were'nt worth a ::shit:: to them untill you give up your pension, workrules, vacation....did I leave something out....oh ya 15%. Run some more. :LMAO:
This is funny ::shit::

first off, don't listen to jay c, a person with that many post's really don't know what they are talking about. This company is not loosing money, they are paying their bill's taking money off of the profit. They needed the concession's because of the economy and loosing alot of revenue. We will get back to normal but it will take time. do you really think the bank's would give yrc more money if they where not paying their bill's? So take with a grain of salt and go to work and do a good job, I know we all have an attitude with the concession's, but we need to pull together and get this ship back on track so we can get back to full rate. have a good day
Do you honestly think YRCW will let anyone or everyone know that they will be back to normal? As long as the company keeps showing a loss, it's every more reason for them to squeeze their employees for more give-ups.

He reminds me of someone else on this board......... Who while working was the biggest pro-company and union supporter there was......... Now that the bad times have hit him (Laid-Off) as well, He is just bitter as all hell.......This one here will be the same way...... Right now he would probably work for maybe five less an hour and pay for his own insurance just to keep his job. Probably give a child or 2 as well...........