Pitt-Ohio | 6 regional carriers form alliance

pompano

TB Lurker
Credits
The six carriers in the new network are Lakeville Motor Express (Midwest), Averitt Express (South and Southeastern), Pitt Ohio Express (Mid-Atlantic, including Indiana, Michigan and Ohio), Land Air Express of New England (New England), DATS Trucking (West) and Canadian Freightways/Epic Express (Canada).

6 regional carriers form alliance - eTrucker

Good luck Remember USF---Dugan, Bestway, Redstar,And the 2 remaining, Holland and Reddaway. Interlining doesn't work. GRIZZ

In Averitt's case, customers are blessed with a 6-10% lower discount than ours. I don't know what Averitt is up to, but in the Jackson Tn. area they've undercut Hmes and Fedex at a few of our larger accounts. Good biz if you can do it. GRIZZ

The Expresslink system seemed to work fairly well when it was alive and kicking. That was GI trucking. Estes Express, Lakeville and TST Overland in Canada. It was a little bit different than regular interline because everything shipped on one pro and they all honored each others rates and such as well as connected to each others billing system. They split the revenue so they all kind of had a vested interest to service the freight.

Shippers are growing wary of doing business with carriers who interline because of the rising risk of bankruptcies due to rising fuel prices. Jevic's abrupt closing put alot of people on notice.

If 6 carriers form an alliance, what happens if one or two of those outfits in the network goes belly-up? Who is going to cover the freight from the exiting carrier's area?

This is why having a seamless, national network is important.

So far it seems to be working, how well it's working is another story. Company always says it's going well when i ask at meetings. Only time will tell.

Shippers are growing wary of doing business with carriers who interline because of the rising risk of bankruptcies due to rising fuel prices. Jevic's abrupt closing put alot of people on notice.

If 6 carriers form an alliance, what happens if one or two of those outfits in the network goes belly-up? Who is going to cover the freight from the exiting carrier's area?

This is why having a seamless, national network is important.

I have to disagree. The national carriers are struggling more than the regional carriers right now. I could be wrong. Southeastern does well with there partner (interline) carriers. When I run p&d I picked up almost as much freight for A duie pyle as I did our own. Now in linehaul I bring in a lot of WV. freight we give to you guys.