XPO | 65 Mph Sucks!!

FrtDawg

TB Lurker
Credits
I don’t know why a company would set their trucks to run the same speed as everyone else on the road. I thought the reason they turned the trucks up to 70 was because of safety. They could have at least left us at 67 or 68 so we could stay away from the 65 mph trucks Now here I am a week after my truck was cut back, in a cluster f&ck surrounded by 65 mph trucks I can’t pass. I’ve been flipped off more in the last week than all of last year. Guess I better get used to it!!

I don’t know why a company would set their trucks to run the same speed as everyone else on the road. I thought the reason they turned the trucks up to 70 was because of safety. They could have at least left us at 67 or 68 so we could stay away from the 65 mph trucks Now here I am a week after my truck was cut back, in a cluster f&ck surrounded by 65 mph trucks I can’t pass. I’ve been flipped off more in the last week than all of last year. Guess I better get used to it!!
Drive 64 or 63mph then you are not stuck in the crowd
There not flipping you off there just call you number 1.
I do love it while I'm passing a truck at 65 and it take some time to pass him the car behind is flashing the high breams when that happen for some reason my truck slows down. I have taken to the shop may time about it and they can't find anything wrong:lmao:
so they just turned back up to 70mph:27::27:

Drive 64 or 63mph then you are not stuck in the crowd
There not flipping you off there just call you number 1.
I do love it while I'm passing a truck at 65 and it take some time to pass him the car behind is flashing the high breams when that happen for some reason my truck slows down. I have taken to the shop may time about it and they can't find anything wrong:lmao:
so they just turned back up to 70mph:27::27:
For the time that I have left, this is exactly what I gonna do. No sense in getting in a jam for nothing. I don’t run the interstate but 35 miles anyway. Ain’t gonna make a difference.

You guys hear they are turning down the forklifts too ? To many accidents on the dock. And to much damaged freight. They are cutting the nuts off the lifts now. So much for productivity.

You guys hear they are turning down the forklifts too ? To many accidents on the dock. And to much damaged freight. They are cutting the nuts off the lifts now. So much for productivity.
All the newest lifts for the last year or so are neutered. I am not aware of then turning down the lifts XPO already have. I wouldn't be surprised though...

So once again in the liability lawsuit environment of the trucking industry management applies a knee-jerk reaction solution to the entire driver pool because of a select few idiots that refuse to operate in a safe manner. Lowering the speed limit to 65 when Ohio and other states have a 70 MPH speed limit is just wonderful. ( EXTREME Sarcasm):lmao: The statement that was expressed was to "lower the catastrophic effects of a collision", so in the observation of the obvious, why stop there? Shouldn't it be lower like say, 50 MPH? That would lower damage and injury effects. Sounds like hypocrisy abounds once again with those in charge. Rather than reprimand the dopes that REFUSE to operate safely, let's penalize the entire system. The folks that set up the tractors to disable the cruise when wipers are on created the perfect storm. What did they really think was going to happen? Of course its incredibly unsafe to drive in rain or snow with wipers off, but the alternative would be to terminate a driver for going to fast for conditions and be good leaders and holding people accountable. So we can't do that in these days of safe spaces and adult coloring books. So struggle as we may, idiots in charge and idiots behind the wheel........ here we are struggling to get the freight down the road in a safe and timely manner. Hold people ACCOUNTABLE and stop with the across the board decisions. :6788:

So once again in the liability lawsuit environment of the trucking industry management applies a knee-jerk reaction solution to the entire driver pool because of a select few idiots that refuse to operate in a safe manner. Lowering the speed limit to 65 when Ohio and other states have a 70 MPH speed limit is just wonderful. ( EXTREME Sarcasm):lmao: The statement that was expressed was to "lower the catastrophic effects of a collision", so in the observation of the obvious, why stop there? Shouldn't it be lower like say, 50 MPH? That would lower damage and injury effects. Sounds like hypocrisy abounds once again with those in charge. Rather than reprimand the dopes that REFUSE to operate safely, let's penalize the entire system. The folks that set up the tractors to disable the cruise when wipers are on created the perfect storm. What did they really think was going to happen? Of course its incredibly unsafe to drive in rain or snow with wipers off, but the alternative would be to terminate a driver for going to fast for conditions and be good leaders and holding people accountable. So we can't do that in these days of safe spaces and adult coloring books. So struggle as we may, idiots in charge and idiots behind the wheel........ here we are struggling to get the freight down the road in a safe and timely manner. Hold people ACCOUNTABLE and stop with the across the board decisions. :6788:
Ok lower the effects of a collision lets pull only single pups thats 50% less damage

Ok lower the effects of a collision lets pull only single pups thats 50% less damage

Heading towards the Amazon model. Where everything is farmed out and run third party. Except, Amazon is a retailer or distributor. XPO is a trucking company. Allegedly. What's the point of owning a trucking company if you don't want to move the freight ??? Jacobs grand plan is self elimination.