SAIA | 68 mph is absolutely lovely!!

Only because you don’t think your time is worth anything. It probably isn’t based on your own assessment.
Time is money. But it will only pay if everyone does their job correctly. When one cog fails it has a domino effect that trickles throughout the system.

Only because you don’t think your time is worth anything. It probably isn’t based on your own assessment.
When are you guys going to learn? The company doesn't give you anything for free. They turned up the trucks 3 mph, whoopee, nice carrot. You better be ready to duck because the stick is coming shortly.

When are you guys going to learn? The company doesn't give you anything for free. They turned up the trucks 3 mph, whoopee, nice carrot. You better be ready to duck because the stick is coming shortly.
God, Dracula all the years you’ve put in here have paid off. You have this company down pat. I’m reminded of the old saying “a stick in the eye.” But in this case I’m certain the stick won’t be going in the eye. I most certainly wouldn’t pick up the soap.

Nailed it! Perfect scape goat for their camera/phone debacle, let’s not get all googoo over a 3 mph bump drivers, this will certainly get the safety hounds barking

And the 65 mph trucks will be right behind the 68 mph trucks at the get off ramp... It’s all mostly a mind game. Your actual miles driven per hour, won’t increase much with a 3 mph increase in speed.

What I have noticed since the trucks have been turned up is that I don't constantly have trucks on my side trying to pass me going 66 mph taking all day which is dangerous. The trucks that pass me know or faster like 70 mph plus so that pass quickly not impeding traffic which is a lot safer. Most of the time I'm riding alone and I like it. No complaints here.

What I have noticed since the trucks have been turned up is that I don't constantly have trucks on my side trying to pass me going 66 mph taking all day which is dangerous. The trucks that pass me know or faster like 70 mph plus so that pass quickly not impeding traffic which is a lot safer. Most of the time I'm riding alone and I like it. No complaints here.
As a driver for a company that is set at 65 mph, I find your response troubling. The driver making this situation dangerous is not the one trying to pass.

As a driver for a company that is set at 65 mph, I find your response troubling. The driver making this situation dangerous is not the one trying to pass.
Don't know why my response is troubling it's just common sense if you have less trucks trying to pass you going 66 mph all day there's more chance of accident . I do back off and let them pass by. Now it's not as frequent as it was before and i like it.

Ok let me see if my math is correct here. If you go 200 miles @ 65mph it would be 3hrs-5minutesISH and 200 miles @ 68mph is 2hrs-55min, right? So your getting an extra 10 minutes???

Ok let me see if my math is correct here. If you go 200 miles @ 65mph it would be 3hrs-5minutesISH and 200 miles @ 68mph is 2hrs-55min, right? So your getting an extra 10 minutes???
If you read my posts you will see i never talked about how fast I get to my destination. I'm talking about the freedom of being able to avoid herds of traffic. All I'm saying is there are less trucks lingering around on my side now and I like it.

I understand that, but isn’t it just a simple 1-2 minute throttle backoff to recover space? I don’t like pack driving either. Just can’t see how this benefits the driver all that much. Seems like a crumb to me. We all have are own driving styles though.

Reactions: Ump
I understand that, but isn’t it just a simple 1-2 minute throttle backoff to recover space? I don’t like pack driving either. Just can’t see how this benefits the driver all that much. Seems like a crumb to me. We all have are own driving styles though.
Well really Saia has only one driving style that is safety first because you have no choice because the technology that's in the trucks like self facing cameras and this thread was really meant for Saia drivers who understand.