68 mph top speed for trucks?

My company has allowed the drivers to choose to either be "optimized" by the company, i.e. they set the maximum speed the truck will run, or to "self optimize", where the driver works toward keeping the average maximum speed at or under 70.

Optimized drivers get an extra .03 cents a mile automatically.

Self optimized drivers get the .03 cents a mile provided they keep the average maximum speed under 70 each month.

So far I have always been able to achieve that goal and earn the premium pay.

We have the exact same system with the same extra pay, only we have to keep it under 60 mph 93% of the time. I did it for a few years but now I just keep the pedal to the floor and run 68. My pay hasn't decreased with the extra miles I can run and my fuel mileage still averages around 6.9 mpg.

We have the exact same system with the same extra pay, only we have to keep it under 60 mph 93% of the time. I did it for a few years but now I just keep the pedal to the floor and run 68. My pay hasn't decreased with the extra miles I can run and my fuel mileage still averages around 6.9 mpg.

There is a difference though.

You guys pull vans all the time. We pull flats, steps, double drops, rgns, curtainsides, conestogas, and lately a few vans. It is not easy to get consistently high fuel economy numbers pulling irregularly shaped freight, and when it gets over-dimensional fuel mileage really takes a hit.

The truck I'm in now was getting almost 8 mpg, with a team pulling a van on a dedicated run with lightweight freight.

My mileage runs from the mid 4's to the high 6's, depending on what I'm moving and where.

90708.jpg
mva-1009.jpg

Arrive alive
slow down and enjoy life

The 2003 freightshaker I drive will run over 85mph with a 40,000+ load, terrain being the speed moderator.
I usually run from 65-72 depending entirely upon Speed LIMIT as posted, Terrain, Weather, Traffic, day/night and how energetic I feel.
I TRULY LOVE watching those "slow drag races" because they usually appear when I've plenty of time to get somewhere, so I merely adjust my speed (disengaging the cruise), get in the Granny lane, turn Sesame Street OFF and have some ocular fun.

Trucks need to get slower while cars get faster??
Good Luck.

CHEERS!! :wavey:

Sounds like a good idea to me, in fact they should apply it to cars too, the Federal Government controls everything else in our lives including what we eat, we need a throttle czar.

Magoo, there is something wrong with that speedometer in your post.

OK, there, that's better.

Life begins at 100.

gt-r-speedometer_zps1cb6cdc6.gif

As the speed went up the picture quality went down.

15438194_zpsf6c0756e.jpeg

But the fun factor went WAY UP!

FireBreathingMonster_zpsa9db82d7.png

Magoo, there is something wrong with that speedometer in your post.

OK, there, that's better.

Life begins at 100.

gt-r-speedometer_zps1cb6cdc6.gif

As the speed went up the picture quality went down.

15438194_zpsf6c0756e.jpeg

But the fun factor went WAY UP!

FireBreathingMonster_zpsa9db82d7.png
I been seeing on TV doing selfies while driving is a health hazard be careful:notworthy:
I'm thinking more like this for a tail gate party
6831143475_648778c5d3_z.jpg