SAIA | 68 MPH

WRONG...
Makes a big difference everyday.
Seems like a lot of time since it would be hard to maintain that speed consistently. But it’s a nice gesture. Many companies are making adjustments.

Last edited:
Same miles + less time = pay raise

Unless your a miserable sot who’s time has no value. If your time isn’t worth anything I guess this isn’t a big deal. I was here when we were running 62. 3mph makes a huge difference. It puts some runs in reach and can make bigger differences in scheduled runs and kick outs.

Don't have to. I'll just stick around and get under your skin! Pally!

Here, I fixed it for you tRollcoal:

“I was barely able to get the job here and I’m not good enough to go anywhere else so I’m stuck here and want to make everyone as miserable as I am.”

Reactions: FBR
Same miles + less time = pay raise

Unless your a miserable sot who’s time has no value. If your time isn’t worth anything I guess this isn’t a big deal. I was here when we were running 62. 3mph makes a huge difference. It puts some runs in reach and can make bigger differences in scheduled runs and kick outs.
I agree.. But this doesn’t come without a cost. Fuel consumption will rise and with diesel fuel cost rising it will have some effect to the bottom line. Service could improve if we had the right management in place. But with the incompetence I’ve seen in my 5 years spent here it will have very little impact on service. When the inbound dock can’t load city routes correctly with continual mis-loads and other mistakes it kind of defeats the purpose. But it does put more money into line-haul drivers pockets so I give them credit for adding to line-haul cost. The most expensive part of running an LTL operation.

Last edited:
I agree.. But this doesn’t come without a cost. Fuel consumption will rise and with diesel fuel cost rising it will have some effect to the bottom line. Service could improve if we had the right management in place. But with the incompetence I’ve seen in my 5 years spent here it will have very little impact on service. When the inbound dock can’t load city routes correctly with continual mis-loads and other mistakes it kind of defeats the purpose. But it does put more money into line-haul drivers pockets so I give them credit for adding to line-haul cost. The most expensive part of running an LTL operation.

The terminals are still the same distance apart. No more miles, just less time getting there. There are more opportunities to make money, but when they pay by the miles the labor/Linehaul cost doesn’t rise. The fuel expenditure is debatable. This puts the trucks closer to their designed operating range and will most likely reduce fuel consumption.

If?
Well it saves me 40 mins a day...
FBR, what do you want out of this increase, a longer run, saving of time, or what? I'm just curious. As for me, I'm fine with what I have. When I get back to my barn, I usually have an hour or so left on the driving clock and that's fine with me. What are you looking for?

FBR, what do you want out of this increase, a longer run, saving of time, or what? I'm just curious. As for me, I'm fine with what I have. When I get back to my barn, I usually have an hour or so left on the driving clock and that's fine with me. What are you looking for?
It’s all about the time