Holland | 6th day extra pay ?

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
229513301_10220356066311890_7336561656233646768_n.jpg

No one should be working 6 days a week. This isn't the 1920's. If the company can't hire people it's their own fault. Treat your employees well and people will knock your doors down to come work for your company. When I got hired in 1992 at Holland everyone felt like it was a privilege to get hired. When I retired I couldn't wait to leave. YRC and Holland had become nothing but a job, and not a very good job at that. It was more like being in the military. Mostly a poorly run military. Thanks Yellow for ruining the best trucking company in the country. And by the way I'm still waiting on a refund on the 15% you stole.

No one should be working 6 days a week. This isn't the 1920's. If the company can't hire people it's their own fault. Treat your employees well and people will knock your doors down to come work for your company. When I got hired in 1992 at Holland everyone felt like it was a privilege to get hired. When I retired I couldn't wait to leave. YRC and Holland had become nothing but a job, and not a very good job at that. It was more like being in the military. Mostly a poorly run military. Thanks Yellow for ruining the best trucking company in the country. And by the way I'm still waiting on a refund on the 15% you stole.
Hello brother, I understand your feelings, but as I read is a volunteer act to come for a 6th day of work to get double time and your 15 % "stolen" as you said, it was a voting process that the majority voluntarily passed it. We are still a union and you are subject to take what the majority went for. Be a grown up man and take it as it is, nobody is special here.
no one is force to do things they don't want. As for the best trucking Holland is just your opinion that we respect. Finally enjoy your retirement and stop living of the past, enjoy the present and expect the best from the future.
:poke:
:crybaby:
:burnsauce:

Hello brother, I understand your feelings, but as I read is a volunteer act to come for a 6th day of work to get double time and your 15 % "stolen" as you said, it was a voting process that the majority voluntarily passed it. We are still a union and you are subject to take what the majority went for. Be a grown up man and take it as it is, nobody is special here.
no one is force to do things they don't want. As for the best trucking Holland is just your opinion that we respect. Finally enjoy your retirement and stop living of the past, enjoy the present and expect the best from the future.
oh boy, let me guess you were either a pom,pom boy or a baton twirler?

yes i agree with you, holland was a well oiled machine! and yrcw and their mgt decisions DESTROYED the holland culture and the way holland is now!

Funny thing is they can't hire ,but won't let semi-retired guys work a few days a week ??

Maybe where you checked but not all over. They absolutely do, ask me how I know.
(Nephew, maybe they just don't want you. Ouch!) :hide:
Yeah , have heard of a some areas will let them ,but in the Mid-west "Iowa" the answer has always been no . Just like every barn & local has a different set of work rules !

Funny thing is they can't hire ,but won't let semi-retired guys work a few days a week ??
I think the bigger question is can't hire or won't hire! I am starting to firmly believe that they want to get rid of the open board and run everything that is not a bid with purchased transportation! You should see all the new signs they have put up at our barn telling them, non union, guys where to park and what entrance to use.

I think the bigger question is can't hire or won't hire! I am starting to firmly believe that they want to get rid of the open board and run everything that is not a bid with purchased transportation! You should see all the new signs they have put up at our barn telling them, non union, guys where to park and what entrance to use.
Yeah , don't seem like they are really trying to hire and it seems like they are really pushing the senior guys out the door and think by 2024 HNRY will be in charge of moving most freight ?

I didn't say Holland is the best company, I said it was the best freight company until Yellow ruined it. And another reason I am pissed is the last contract YOU PEOPLE ratified made no mention of contributions to our pension fund. Consequently those of us that are retired have no hope of ever getting our pension money back. I suppose you will tell me that a person that is retired and worked 32 years only deserves $1600 per month pension. While people that retired with the same number of years getting $3300 a month. We can all thank Yellow for that. So no, I'm not living in the past. I'm stating Yellow has ruined a lot of peoples lives.