7 die in drag race MD.crash 6 hrs ago.

Hopefully the person that organized this illegal street race will be caught and prosecuted. That's if he's not dead.
Too many people organize these illegal races in my area and they either wreck their cars, do damage to public/private property or come close to killing someone.

......May the families who lost loved ones find healing.

Thats true Dockworker.
I was a drag racer myself back in the day.
First on the streets around my house.
I was stopped in a police road block,and had to hire a lawyer.
Then I raced on a drag strip after that.
I learned my lesson the hard way racing on the street was very costly for me.

I see you found a video on this troublesome event Dockworker.
I searched all of my numerious news sources and only just now found one picture.

But knowing you and your computer genius technics if anybody could find something more on this very troublesome event it would be you Dockworker.

The driver of one of the cars in the race has survived and is currently being interviewed by police.

Wow! They left the bodies there until daylight!
Because of the situation it is considered a CRIME SCENE and having assisted police investigators here in NY,I'm sure they did not want loose any possible evidence . Also they will try to reconstruct what they feel happened to make sure they have an airtight case.
Somebody is going to take a BIG fall for this and they deserve what's coming to them.

For those of us members that might not know what illegal street racing is check out this very short video.
Look at the amount of people standing on the streets shoulder. All it takes is one out of control movement to wipe out a life.

Street Racing: Fast-Furious and Illegal

I wonder if the car without the headlights was video taping this to put on youtube?

Also:

• The driver of the car was traveling down the road innocently.
  • The tire smoke from the race cars doing the burnouts caused close to zero visibility. Similar to heavy dense fog.
  • The spectators walked onto the street in all that smoke.
  • The driver ended up running over the people that were mingling in that smoke.
  • The police are now looking for the two drivers that were involved in the illegal unorganized street race.

......Not sure if the driver who hit those people will be charged. I have a feeling he will be innocent.

It took all day to get to the bottom of this bad crash.
now if the truth be told the drag race was just the contributing factor of this crash.
That if there was no spectators to view an illegal street race this would have never happened.

I'm not anybodys judge but looking at all of the facts that have come out,I feel the two racers should also be held accountable if anyone should be.
This is my opinion.

This crash received a record 1112 news reports,in less than a 24 hour period from the time it happened.
Germany,and many Canadian stations,as well as news paper articles were written in just about every main city,in every State.

Press TV - Eight dead at illegal Md. drag race
Heres a news service for Iran.

Lets hope,and pray if you beieve that way
that something like this never happens again.

When young people decide to do something like this, they don't take into account the results their choices can bring.
We can only hope the coverage of this will be a wake up call to anybody else wanting to do their racing in the streets.

7 die

My GOD what a horrible scene,can you imagine the thoughts going thru the cop's head's and the emotion's their feeling.My prayer's go out to the families all invoved.May law enforcement catch all envolved in this horrific event and punish them to the hilt.
they said that those victims where standing in the lanes of travel????... If your *** is going to stand in the street to watch a race and not watch out for on coming cars.. well lets not act shocked at the results... If i go play on the free:duh:way i guess i get whats coming

61 year old man,his 27 year old daughter and her child????Hmmmm,one could expect such out of teenagers but at 61????The man had very poor judgement and paid the ultimate price....