XPO | 70/30 Bid Splitting

Why jump ship? Stay and Organize then bargain for what you deserve. Nobody wants to fight. Unbelievable

Then why didnt you stay and fight, since a union is something you believe in? The hypocisy of teamsters calling each other "brother" as if they care about their fellow man, when they truly only have their own interests at heart. :)

Then why didnt you stay and fight, since a union is something you believe in? The hypocisy of teamsters calling each other "brother" as if they care about their fellow man, when they truly only have their own interests at heart. :)

Tried in 11 to help them from getting screwed. Conway guys kept ratting me out with union beliefs. Now look at yourselves with sub service. With everything that is changing from dash cams to non cdl dock hands, seems you guys continuing to enjoy the fudge packing without a grunt. I'm amazed

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried in 11 to help them from getting screwed. Conway guys kept ratting me out with union beliefs. Now look at yourselves with sub service. With everything that is changing from dash cams to non cdl dock hands, seems you guys continuing to enjoy the fudge packing without a grunt. I'm amazed

Ya cain't get much more blunt than that, but the man has a point, ya let it happen its on you, if the workforce can't get together and rise up and change things, then those that have worked and tried move on to what they want. Thats what Rollin did and no one can fault him for moving to a better environment work wise.

Ya cain't get much more blunt than that, but the man has a point, ya let it happen its on you, if the workforce can't get together and rise up and change things, then those that have worked and tried move on to what they want. Thats what Rollin did and no one can fault him for moving to a better environment work wise.
You only know what you here from the few disgruntled-hate-their lives workers. We got it good..that's why those union people come here to bash on us..but we don't care..I don't go to their sites and say anything. There are plenty oof happy here that make good money. They just dont post...so GT, don't think its all bad just because of the comments of a few. That's why you'll never see a union here. No need for it. I really need to stop commenting on these political topics. I think I will.

Lets see how good the money is when you can't get in any extra time on the dock if this change is fully implemented. The loophole is you guys will then be classified as part time drivers if the hours stay under 40, which in turn they don't have to offer you insurance. I could be wrong so we'll see. Beer, I recall you saying at one point your not opposed to signing a card, but you noted it wasn't the right time. Is it still not a good time for you?

Rollin, they aren't going to have insurance soon enough. The company is going to throw them a bone pay the fine and send them off to the exchange. They were originally going to do this in 2014 but pushed it back due to all the uncertainty with obamacare. But it will save the company money so it's a good thing, right beer?

Lets see how good the money is when you can't get in any extra time on the dock if this change is fully implemented. The loophole is you guys will then be classified as part time drivers if the hours stay under 40, which in turn they don't have to offer you insurance. I could be wrong so we'll see. Beer, I recall you saying at one point your not opposed to signing a card, but you noted it wasn't the right time. Is it still not a good time for you?

I think there is a law on this Brother, maybe 32 hrs? Considered part time?

Rollin, they aren't going to have insurance soon enough. The company is going to throw them a bone pay the fine and send them off to the exchange. They were originally going to do this in 2014 but pushed it back due to all the uncertainty with obamacare. But it will save the company money so it's a good thing, right beer?
I doubt a company like Con-Way would do this, this ain't Sonic.

You only know what you here from the few disgruntled-hate-their lives workers. We got it good..that's why those union people come here to bash on us..but we don't care..I don't go to their sites and say anything. There are plenty oof happy here that make good money. They just dont post...so GT, don't think its all bad just because of the comments of a few. That's why you'll never see a union here. No need for it. I really need to stop commenting on these political topics. I think I will.

Beerfd, men have tried to bring in the union, I don't think all is bad but I do know whats happening at CW in my area, Rollin tried, he didn't get the support he needed, so he moved on to what he wants, I commend him. To sit and ***** about conditions when they could be changed, but cain't, because no one is willing to stand up is just a waste of energy, literally a waste of good air. I have little sympathy for the coward that is afraid to speak up.

Beerfd, I do know that folks are happy at CW, some well, LOL, most, have alot of seniority, sure things go well for them, its common knowledge around here that if you got stroke your good, if not, you get the shaft, in the form of a sucker rod.

The top few love it, the bottom many hate it. Just my experience chatting with them Bro.

I think there is a law on this Brother, maybe 32 hrs? Considered part time?

I doubt a company like Con-Way would do this, this ain't Sonic.

Beerfd, men have tried to bring in the union, I don't think all is bad but I do know whats happening at CW in my area, Rollin tried, he didn't get the support he needed, so he moved on to what he wants, I commend him. To sit and ***** about conditions when they could be changed, but cain't, because no one is willing to stand up is just a waste of energy, literally a waste of good air. I have little sympathy for the coward that is afraid to speak up.

Beerfd, I do know that folks are happy at CW, some well, LOL, most, have alot of seniority, sure things go well for them, its common knowledge around here that if you got stroke your good, if not, you get the shaft, in the form of a sucker rod.

The top few love it, the bottom many hate it. Just my experience chatting with them Bro.
Ex employees missing their secure employment here at Conway. Non I don't need to sign no card. No dock work would be fine with me. Will make plenty in the truck. We still get paid for ALL time worked. Most people are unhappy because of a stupid rule or the cameras.. the. CAmeras haven't really done anything ..kind of a waste..it seems. I don't even look at it anymore.

Oh, and did I tell you my bonus is up to 715 already. I had to look at the employee portal at work. It wont work at Home for some reason. Whoo hoo!

Ex employees missing their secure employment here at Conway. Non I don't need to sign no card. No dock work would be fine with me. Will make plenty in the truck. We still get paid for ALL time worked. Most people are unhappy because of a stupid rule or the cameras.. the. CAmeras haven't really done anything ..kind of a waste..it seems. I don't even look at it anymore.

Oh, and did I tell you my bonus is up to 715 already. I had to look at the employee portal at work. It wont work at Home for some reason. Whoo hoo!

Yep I'm sure you're gonna be fine. But what about the guys that won't be? No dock work is great, I can attest to that, but there are guys all over Con-way that aren't even getting 40 even WITH dock work! They're gonna get laid off. What happens when you get to the fac next hear when you run linehaul? Are you gonna have to sit for 3-5 hours while they break freight? Will you get paid to sit? What about the guys who run 37 miles to NAT from NNC every night? Are they going to be able to turn multiple times or what? Like I said I'm sure you'll be fine, but there's a lot of guys under you who won't be.

Oh I found out something too... We get a bonus too. But it's based on safety and years of service, has nothing to do with a convoluted formula the company came up with based on what little bit of profit the company is willing to let go of and how much they let you work.

Just an observation...seems certain people on this thread always have this attitude. ....I'm doing okay, who gives a crap about anyone else. Looking forward to the day they get the other's shoes. Life seems to always change things up from time to time.

I give Beerfd credit, atleast he is honest. And that is the mentality at any LTL outfit, no one gives a damn about you, especially if they are below you. Everyone is out for numero uno, and the majority will sell someone out if it meant they could move up. That is the nature of this industry. So yes I cant blame him, for getting his or being honest about it. That's the only reason everyone comes to con-way, to get theirs right? I'd rather someone be honest to a fault, than pretend to be your "brother" or that they have your best interest at heart.

how does everyone feel about the new policy of a 30% flex board? we have 142 drivers at our barn and now will have 42 on our flex. 29 city and 13 night.. seems like I just keep moving backwards.. scm cut bids to fill with part-time to get those numbers ..to work..

it is what it is...Deal with it

Yep I'm sure you're gonna be fine. But what about the guys that won't be? No dock work is great, I can attest to that, but there are guys all over Con-way that aren't even getting 40 even WITH dock work! They're gonna get laid off. What happens when you get to the fac next hear when you run linehaul? Are you gonna have to sit for 3-5 hours while they break freight? Will you get paid to sit? What about the guys who run 37 miles to NAT from NNC every night? Are they going to be able to turn multiple times or what? Like I said I'm sure you'll be fine, but there's a lot of guys under you who won't be.

Oh I found out something too... We get a bonus too. But it's based on safety and years of service, has nothing to do with a convoluted formula the company came up with based on what little bit of profit the company is willing to let go of and how much they let you work.
Everybody is happy they don't have to hit the rock at the end of the day..except those that come in late..and they want their hours..but for the most part, they got dock workers to do tgr work..its what everybody wanted...and they got it.

Just an observation...seems certain people on this thread always have this attitude. ....I'm doing okay, who gives a crap about anyone else. Looking forward to the day they get the other's shoes. Life seems to always change things up from time to time.

A liberal from tx

I give Beerfd credit, atleast he is honest. And that is the mentality at any LTL outfit, no one gives a damn about you, especially if they are below you. Everyone is out for numero uno, and the majority will sell someone out if it meant they could move up. That is the nature of this industry. So yes I cant blame him, for getting his or being honest about it. That's the only reason everyone comes to con-way, to get theirs right? I'd rather someone be honest to a fault, than pretend to be your "brother" or that they have your best interest at heart.
Everybody picks the bid that works for them..I don't care hoiw much you say you care about people below you. There are bids that I can't get, I'm not gonna cry and complain . I do what's best for me. Everybody does..I don't see what the problem is..

Everybody picks the bid that works for them..I don't care hoiw much you say you care about people below you. There are bids that I can't get, I'm not gonna cry and complain . I do what's best for me. Everybody does..I don't see what the problem is..

Unless you are at a certain point on the board then you get what's given to you. And it appears there's going to be less this year than last. I just wonder how long it will be before the layoffs start. It's great to be lean...

Just think without all those sub wagons rolling in and out of LDA maybe you could get the bid you want...