ABF | 70 hours for city driver's.

Right now it's supposed to be voluntary, but if might turn mandatory.
34 hour reset is written in law as a driver's option...as far as 70/8 or 60/7 it is virtually the same....on the 70/8 it is very possible to run out of hours on a friday and have worked less than 60 for the calendar week (monday through friday)...really pisses off your dispatch when you call them up to have them pick you up 25 minutes from the yard, and they look at your time and it says you only worked 58.5 for the work week....Ask me how I know....LMAO

You probably carried a lunch box with many hot dog, and beet sandwiches too when working those hours?
You got that right , peanut butter got me through many days. Hot dogs 3 for .99 cents and If time & parking permitted a Italian Beef with extra peppers (mostly on my shirt since I had to keep moving). Got sick plenty times from old mayo , bad eggs , even a tainted well from which I stopped to get water from. Plenty of bad memories BIG R G . When I get asked about my life of trucking I just tell kids , save your body , mind and life for something better hand.

You got that right , peanut butter got me through many days. Hot dogs 3 for .99 cents and If time & parking permitted a Italian Beef with extra peppers (mostly on my shirt since I had to keep moving). Got sick plenty times from old mayo , bad eggs , even a tainted well from which I stopped to get water from. Plenty of bad memories BIG R G . When I get asked about my life of trucking I just tell kids , save your body , mind and life for something better hand.
Should have took up, Mirror Technology, like I did.

34 hour reset is written in law as a driver's option...as far as 70/8 or 60/7 it is virtually the same....on the 70/8 it is very possible to run out of hours on a friday and have worked less than 60 for the calendar week (monday through friday)...really pisses off your dispatch when you call them up to have them pick you up 25 minutes from the yard, and they look at your time and it says you only worked 58.5 for the work week....Ask me how I know....LMAO
Apologies as I know I’ve posted this thought previously. 70/8 & 60/7 laws are pointless. We (visitor) run 70/8 which “allows” me to run 70 in 5(5x14=70). Used to have to have a 16 in there when 30 min off daily. Again, dumb rule.

Apologies as I know I’ve posted this thought previously. 70/8 & 60/7 laws are pointless. We (visitor) run 70/8 which “allows” me to run 70 in 5(5x14=70). Used to have to have a 16 in there when 30 min off daily. Again, dumb rule.
True, but like I said since the 34 hour reset is optional your days don't drop off until the next work week....

True, but like I said since the 34 hour reset is optional your days don't drop off until the next work week....
I’m a M-F bid guy so doesn’t much matter. Just an asinine technicality. The bid I hired in on, many moons ago, 368 turn. Could’ve worked 7 days a week, week after week. Guess I should specify. I’m not a real truck driver, I just drive a truck. Never been OTR. Always home ev day bid. Hotel few times for breakdown or weather. If I burn my 16, I’m running 400 mile turn on Friday or I’m not working. Not spending my 34 in a hotel. Scheduled people, BID schedules.

Ok , what happend between you and mirrors? Cause every post starts to get interesting with knowledge, and you comment about mirrors on every post. What’s the story?
Do you have a few days?
It all started back in the 80’s.
I was on 294, NB
And you are sure you have some time?
This started before Big Dave was able to walk across the Ponderosa.
Before Breeze retired.
Before Mud got out of the Philippines.
Before Triplex got out of high school……
And Puddin weighed 101#

Do you have a few days?
It all started back in the 80’s.
I was on 294, NB
And you are sure you have some time?
This started before Big Dave was able to walk across the Ponderosa.
Before Breeze retired.
Before Mud got out of the Philippines.
Before Triplex got out of high school……
And Puddin weighed 101#
👂 👂 👀, Go for it!