Estes | 700 mile turn

So its a lay now? Sweet, I'm getting a large pizza delivered to the motel, gonna get stuffed, watch some TV and go to bed!

Isn't everything over 400 miles a lay down run at Sysco?:D

Lol I can't help myself...Shoulda never told me Sysco was governed at 58.

A 714 mile turn is crazy. Is it downhill both ways? It's hard to do Indy to Nashville to Louisville back to Indy now that they cut alot of our trucks back to 65, and thats only 622 miles I believe.

Isn't everything over 400 miles a lay down run at Sysco?:D

Lol I can't help myself...Shoulda never told me Sysco was governed at 58.

A 714 mile turn is crazy. Is it downhill both ways? It's hard to do Indy to Nashville to Louisville back to Indy now that they cut alot of our trucks back to 65, and thats only 622 miles I believe.

We don't have any established lay runs out of Sysco OK, and my truck speed is 57 Bubba, get it right! I'm proud of it, by gosh if I gotta go slow, then I wanna go all out at it. Bidding shuttle, I can't wait to pull back 2 loaded 42' trailers each weighing between 20,000 and 30,000 lbs, gonna be a long drive I expect.

One of our guys got a ticket for going to slow in OKC, impeding traffic I believe, thats a real downer right there....

We don't have any established lay runs out of Sysco OK, and my truck speed is 57 Bubba, get it right! I'm proud of it, by gosh if I gotta go slow, then I wanna go all out at it. Bidding shuttle, I can't wait to pull back 2 loaded 42' trailers each weighing between 20,000 and 30,000 lbs, gonna be a long drive I expect.

One of our guys got a ticket for going to slow in OKC, impeding traffic I believe, thats a real downer right there....

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

They might as well wire the Sysco trucks to run the 4 ways any time the truck is moving.....And I use the term "moving" lightly.

rumor has it Mr Estes himself requested that Mildew's truck turn 75mph and he gets special markings so he never gets pulled over.

Man, I feel so good right now I might just kiss a lot lizard on the ass tonight. Mildew is Fixin to chalk up another 3k mile minimum week never leaving the sunshine state. I ain't even took my flip flops off yet. The only time I want a fast truck is when I'm trying to put one of those far northeast terminals like Charlotte behind me.

My concern would be that someday a 'bean counter' will figure out if there is a shorter way, that's the milage the company will use.
Your world my change when onboards are fully emplemented and they reconcile odometer readings with the payroll dept.
I'm suprised with the high cost of fuel, they allow other drivers to take the long way.

I think they aim towards routing each trip the way drivers like to run. It's normally the safest, easiest, less stressful way to go that saves them more money in the long run. As for those onboard thingamabobs, I can live comfortably with less miles. My world would change though. Probably wouldn't be many $50 hooter lunches, not to mention allowing one lucky waitress to win a golden opportunity to get her fingers on my extra room key. I think it would be a win win situation because if my fun money got taken away, I would bid on an easy 400 mile run making my home time more than a visit to the bed.
Until all that takes place, I'm riding this horse till she falls over.

As Estes becomes larger the bean counters will force them to look for ways to become more and more efficient. Then they will become just another Fedex Frt and the horse will fall.

I think the bean counting would be looked at more if creditors and wall street were helping us survive

As Estes becomes larger the bean counters will force them to look for ways to become more and more efficient. Then they will become just another Fedex Frt and the horse will fall.

I think if we remain debt free,or mostly debt free, we will be fine...It's when you start rackin' up the creditors and investors,that you start having your problems..An investor just wants to tell you how to run your business, because he invested in you....Doesn't mean that he knows a damn thing about your business....That's why Estes will never go public...He'll sell it first...