Yellow | A BIG statement, made an hour ago on Twitter (X) by Craig Fuller, the Founder/CEO of FreightWaves.

This great country wasn't your employer. The tax payers weren't your employer.

I'm thinking people are celebrating the fact that those who are owed money are likely to be made whole instead of receiving pennies on the dollar.

Maybe you should seek employment at the DMV. Maybe they need a CDL test administrator. Then you can use your knowledge and skills while depending on the tax payers to provide.
Don’t know where your from but in NJ that position at DMV doesn’t require any skills they just check to see if a person has 2 arms and hands them a CDL. You don’t even have to be able to read road signs to be on our highways.

If you're talking about our guys who are owed ....yes...I'd say the majority of the country would want them pmade whole.

But as far as lenders?
We've had people lose homes under Fanny and Freddy.
We've had college age and above struggle hard with student loans.

I doubt the majority of the country cares wether Apollo got their money.
They'd rather see the government Cares loan and employees paid back....which is why I say ..who makes the policy legal? Who allows it?
Because the majority wouldn't allow the high interest ever.
I'm talking about everybody that YRC owed money to. Secured creditors, employees, unsecured creditors/vendors.

If you don't support high interest rate loans where the risk involved commands it, don't take such a loan and feel free to loan your life's savings to a risky borrower at as low of a rate as you wish.

That I can’t say and don’t know if it’s true. The fall off of freight when they switched to one IT system was drastic, bill count fell off drastically as much as 50%. I think they wanted to rid some freight from the system by raising rates for the change of ops to go more smoothly. If your remember Hawkins bragged on earnings call about more revenue per shipment but less tonnage, sounds good but most pedal guys ran roughly them same miles to pick up less freight that generated more per shipment but but a lot less total shipments. Unfortunately I think if that was the case they didn’t see the economy slowing and it caused such a huge decrease in revenue that they couldn’t recover from. There were several other issues that they couldn’t get away from there pride and arrogance and correct such as the central call center, most of the customers I had hated that and said they wanted to talk with someone local that knew there needs.
Oh well hopefully other LTL carriers will learn from some of Yellows mistakes and not follow in their footsteps. Too many lives changed for the worse on July 30th when they got a phone call. I will always remember exactly where I was standing and the exact time I got that call, hate to see anyone go through that, union on non union. In the end we are all in the same profession trying to provide for our families.
It's a bad feeling indeed. I was in a layoff from a company i thought id retire from. Great pay great benefits. Absolutely loved the job. When i got hired on and things working great i was like how did i ever land such a job and now im set for life. Then 2 years later a huge lay off 300 people. Had a meeting and when they called my name my it felt like my heart got ripped out. All i had thought and dreamed gone just like that. Was told we might get called back but never did. It hurts and you move on but you still have memories good and bad and what could have been. It's a big life changing event just to have to start over new all over again, and especially now in todays economy. Prayers to all who were affected, and may God bless you on your new journey.

This great country wasn't your employer. The tax payers weren't your employer.

I'm thinking people are celebrating the fact that those who are owed money are likely to be made whole instead of receiving pennies on the dollar.

Maybe you should seek employment at the DMV. Maybe they need a CDL test administrator. Then you can use your knowledge and skills while depending on the tax payers to provide.
I agree, It amazes me how some think the 30,000 were the only ones affected, if only they knew how to read for themselves. Hundreds of venders are affected and are owed monies (unpaid bills).