SEFL | A/C Tractors with SEFL

do ya ll have fm radios i sefl tractors? i was with cse in 90 & 91 then with standard trucking from 92 till they closed, and we had to put ours in a box and and seat belt it in the passenger seat. no A/C back then either,

yes all the trucks except the non a/c have fm radios those trucks are almost extinct now. and i know all about the radio in the box, i used to work for saia years ago we called them milk trucks, we all had the radios in the box. its hard to believe what kind of difference that radio can make. I know some of my buddys that work for Holland had brand new tractors but were not equipped with radios, im sure those guys have the radio boxes too.

All new purchased trucks have a/c, the old hot boxes are being sold off as their expiration date comes due. Be grateful you never had to drive a Maxodyne.

At our service center we have 4 left, 1 is in the process of being sold and the other 3 are being run to add miles. City units have a life expectancy of 7 years 250,000 miles, if you get a none A/C tractor, run the hell out of it, so to retire it as soon as possible. NO NEW TRACTORS WILL BE PURCHASED WITHOUT A/C!

hey i just got a new model freightliner assigned out of mobile al, it has 150,000 on it. My shop recharged the ac and refurbished my seat and i got a new cd player put in it, i feel like in driving in style, the only thing i want to do next is tint the windows lol...There is nothing better than having an assigned truck ...I used to make fun of the guys that had one and I saw them cleaning it out and stuff, now I know how it feels, it saves alot of time in the am and not having to lug a bag around is the best.!!+:clap:

hey i just got a new model freightliner assigned out of mobile al, it has 150,000 on it. My shop recharged the ac and refurbished my seat and i got a new cd player put in it, i feel like in driving in style, the only thing i want to do next is tint the windows lol...There is nothing better than having an assigned truck ...I used to make fun of the guys that had one and I saw them cleaning it out and stuff, now I know how it feels, it saves alot of time in the am and not having to lug a bag around is the best.!!+:clap:

take care of that truck my friend, because its going to be in the fleet for at least 10 yrs. i had a new freighliner, i switched with a guy who had a road unit. I call those freightliner back breakers.

the freightliners are great trucks, there is more room in them that any day cab line haul truck, with a good load on them they ride better than most IH line haul trucks, they turn on a dime, and they are a million times better than the old A trucks we had.

the freightliners are great trucks, there is more room in them that any day cab line haul truck, with a good load on them they ride better than most IH line haul trucks, they turn on a dime, and they are a million times better than the old A trucks we had.

I love the 2006 Mack that I am assigned to:sits higher than the new freight liners and with the 7 gear trans, I don't have to worry about missing that green light when you start from a dead stop, with the 10 gear freight liner pulling a medium load. I mean they have no power. Just as you hit the splitter the light turns yellow........

I love the 2006 Mack that I am assigned to:sits higher than the new freight liners and with the 7 gear trans, I don't have to worry about missing that green light when you start from a dead stop, with the 10 gear freight liner pulling a medium load. I mean they have no power. Just as you hit the splitter the light turns yellow........

I didn't know we had mack trucks here, where do you work?

they also have one or two in huntsville al, and a few in texas. also in texas they have single axle IH city trucks (no fairings).

the kws are 2003 or 2004 i think. we only bought 25 of them and i know of 3 for sure that are out of service. they are getting on up in mileage (over 700 thousand)so it wont be long before we sell them.