A CF'rs kid

AR-15EBR

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello all,
My Father drove for CF for 32 years. He retired got sick and passed in 1980.

I was digging around my junk drawer the other day and found his driving awards and some other stuff and was wondering if there was a forum or something about CF. So here I am.

My neighbor drove for them also for 18 years when they closed up shop and we were talking about it the other day. I live 2 blocks from the last headqauters in Vancouver WA.
I used to stop and look at the old restored tractor trailer they had there. I have a Pic of my dad driving a similar truck way back in the day.

I don't really know what the point of the post is over than to say hello and CF was a big part of my life at one time and how sick I felt when they closed.

My dad loved his job and loved driving truck, and was good at it. I was proud of him.

Thanks for reading my post.

Welcome!!!

:smilie_132: Welcome AR-15EBR//// Your 2 cent's worth is worth a lot here at Truckingboard's.Jump in anytime you feel like it.:1036316054:

Welcome aboard AR-15EBR. There is a lot of CF drivers here, we all miss the old days and memories. For me it was especially nice to work with one of my brothers, the company that I work for now doesn’t allow family to work together, kind of stupid if you ask me.

Hello all,
My Father drove for CF for 32 years. He retired got sick and passed in 1980.

I was digging around my junk drawer the other day and found his driving awards and some other stuff and was wondering if there was a forum or something about CF. So here I am.

My neighbor drove for them also for 18 years when they closed up shop and we were talking about it the other day. I live 2 blocks from the last headqauters in Vancouver WA.
I used to stop and look at the old restored tractor trailer they had there. I have a Pic of my dad driving a similar truck way back in the day.

I don't really know what the point of the post is over than to say hello and CF was a big part of my life at one time and how sick I felt when they closed.

My dad loved his job and loved driving truck, and was good at it. I was proud of him.

Thanks for reading my post.

Welcome to Truckingboards AR-15EBR:1036316054: .

I may have complained about my job at CF but I would love to be able to go back and work with some of the great people I did.

Thanks for the welcome's.

My dad drove OTR for 17 years then done local pickup and delivery. My uncle also drove for CF at the same time. This was in Butte MT.

I can remember quite a few times he would come home PO'd about something or was mad he had to stay late for hookups. His dinner was cold...lol.

I wanted to get into trucking and still love big rigs and eyeball everyone I see. I was too young to drive and ended up going to school for electronics and well that ended the driving thing. A part of me still wants to drive but I couldn't survive on the wages.

Wife and a couple kids wouldn't approve either.

If I ever hit the lotto, I'm buying a 379 Pete to go grocery shopping in.

Again thanks for the welcome and I'll be lurking around here.

My dad drove OTR for 17 years then done local pickup and delivery. My uncle also drove for CF at the same time. This was in Butte MT.

I can remember quite a few times he would come home PO'd about something or was mad he had to stay late for hookups. His dinner was cold...lol.

I wanted to get into trucking and still love big rigs and eyeball everyone I see. I was too young to drive and ended up going to school for electronics and well that ended the driving thing. A part of me still wants to drive but I couldn't survive on the wages.

Let me add my welcome too. We always are glad to have folks like you along for the ride.
Don't just lurk.When you see something and want to comment just jump on in.

Yea what HBF said, you have your own unique experience, there are other places to go non-trucking related if you wish, I love trucks and trucking thats why i'm in the business, I also loved trucks and trucking from the age of 4, my Dad also drove, You don't have to drive to be interested and contribute your thoughts, glad you found this place, it sure has become a home for me.

I also worked at cf for 8 yrs, loved every minute of it. I enjoyed working with all the guys. At least I have the memories of all the good times. We had fun but got the work done to.

I've had the pleasure of working with a few old CF hands here at ABF and it has been great. I've learned quite a bit from these guys and love to hear some of their CF stories. I know that when they are retired some day I will miss working with them and maybe I can reminise about the good old days when I got to work with these guys that I have looked up to so much. I can only hope and work to amass a record that these guys have acheived over the years.