Pitt-Ohio | A few questions

Ok, thanks for trying to help. I will call the tm and try to get more info. I need all the benefits info before I can make a decision. He didn’t have a benefit book today on hand.

Ok, thanks for trying to help. I will call the tm and try to get more info. I need all the benefits info before I can make a decision. He didn’t have a benefit book today on hand.
I might should have the info here as well, I’ll check over the weekend. I went on Medvantx’s website to see if I could get specific info on what you need but it’s changed and I can’t even see where to log in.

A6EBF52C-533C-46F1-BA35-1349D9312AA1.md.jpg 5BAE57A2-7246-4CF1-8184-66320D4A85DD.md.jpg
Here
Here is what I have regarding prescriptions, unfortunately I don’t have info on the various tiers listed which would give you a better idea of cost. This is also a few years old but I don’t think any of it has changed.

Thanks for the information. I think my wife’s insulin would be preferred brand, which would be 35% copay. 35% of 6500$ is a lot of money. I really appreciate all the help. I will talk to hr in Pittsburgh Monday and make sure of the benefits. Have a good weekend and thanks again

Thanks for the information. I think my wife’s insulin would be preferred brand, which would be 35% copay. 35% of 6500$ is a lot of money. I really appreciate all the help. I will talk to hr in Pittsburgh Monday and make sure of the benefits. Have a good weekend and thanks again
Glad to help, I hope you get some better news on the cost of the insulin. Have a good weekend.

I have a friend looking into doing linehaul out of Grove City. Does anybody know if that building has runs that require dock work? Thanks for the help.

I have a friend looking into doing linehaul out of Grove City. Does anybody know if that building has runs that require dock work? Thanks for the help.
No dock work required anywhere. Some of us do choose to work to get trailers done faster and for the extra $. I would say bottom Columbus drivers are averaging 2k+ miles. Terminal manager is good dude.

Do you guys find yourselves spending a lot of time waiting? If so, do you get paid for waiting? Thanks again for the help.
I don’t sit much, but can’t speak to the bottom guys. When you wait at a relay you get paid after 30 min lunch. You don’t get paid at a terminal for waiting unless you work the dock. Some guys are ok with sitting in their truck at terminals while waiting. I figure I’m here to make money so I’ll usually work. I would say it depends on where you go if you’ll wait or not. Sometimes the stars align and everything works out. An example, I go to Clv and get sent to Wms, then to Wsh. I’m waiting in Wsh on a Hzl driver that had to go through Har first. I probably got out early and maybe the Hzl driver got out late. So I may be waiting on him to get there. Or I get there and a load is waiting on me. Nobody benefits when we sit. If nothing else it’s in the company’s best interest that we get back asap for the inbound freight.

That’s a pretty neat way you guys operate Linehaul. I work for the big E Linehaul and wish we weren’t either bound to the same monotonous bid run every night or bound to the extraboard being gone 5 nights at a time. I wish there was a Pitt terminal close to me. We only rebid once per year and doing the same thing night after night is incredibly mind dulling to me. Y’all got it going on.

That’s a pretty neat way you guys operate Linehaul. I work for the big E Linehaul and wish we weren’t either bound to the same monotonous bid run every night or bound to the extraboard being gone 5 nights at a time. I wish there was a Pitt terminal close to me. We only rebid once per year and doing the same thing night after night is incredibly mind dulling to me. Y’all got it going on.
It does have its negatives. Not knowing what you’re doing or what time to be at work from day to day is frustrating. Start times anywhere from 8p-930p and finding out 645-715, makes it hard to plan. I’m right in the middle as far as seniority so a positive is I can potentially go a different direction every day. And we bid twice a year. I believe there is room for improvement, but it could be worse!

It does have its negatives. Not knowing what you’re doing or what time to be at work from day to day is frustrating. Start times anywhere from 8p-930p and finding out 645-715, makes it hard to plan. I’m right in the middle as far as seniority so a positive is I can potentially go a different direction every day. And we bid twice a year. I believe there is room for improvement, but it could be worse!

It does give and take away I suppose. The year long bids of doing the same run here make me want to execute myself, it gets to the point where I just can’t stay awake it’s so boring. Then I’ll run the extraboard for a while which I much prefer as far as every day is different and ever changing, then the long swaths away from home really get to me and negatively impact my relationships at home. Then the city of course has its own set of pros and cons. Some of our northeast terminals have open / wild lay down runs that return the next day, I would love one of those but they don’t offer them in Carolina where I’m at.