Central Transport | A few questions

Champion bulldo

TB Lurker
Credits
I have heard all the rumors about central being bad but it does seem like they have some positive things going for them. Like they seem to pay well and have start times so u know u will be working. So my questions are

1. What is a typical.start time for a new driver with central
2. How long to get to top pay rate
3. Do they have layoffs often
4. On average for a husband and wife how much for health insurance monthly
5. Do they have good insurance

I have heard all the rumors about central being bad but it does seem like they have some positive things going for them. Like they seem to pay well and have start times so u know u will be working. So my questions are

Another question

Does having many years of P&D experience help start u at a higher pay rate
Another question

Do u get the same tractor or do u slip seat
Do your research on this company. Read the reviews. This is absolutely the worst LTL company in business today. Don’t waste your time building seniority here. Start with the major players and build from there. Don’t look back in 10-20 years and realize you’ve made a big mistake. I was in LTL 45+ years before I retired at SAIA. I know what I’m talking about. This company is a cess pool and the bottom feeders in LTL.

I will say if you have a criminal record and your DAC report has multiple failed randoms and accidents...... plus you have a horrible credit score, this is the place to come. And that’s mostly because no one else would hire you.

I work out of Charlotte, NC as a pick up and delivery driver. This forms reeks of entitlement from other LTL drivers.

I got the job out of trucking school.

1. start time for city is 9am. Linehaul varies but usually starts at 7pm,8,9 depending on how fast they can finish loading your trailer.

2. think it takes 3-5 years to get to top pay. Which is around 27 dollars. I started at 22.75

3. In Charlotte we don’t lay off. When freight gets slow they will rotate drivers off. There are about 5 senior drivers on the P and D side that won’t rotate since they have been there so long but we have about 18 doors in total so you’ll get minimum 40.

4. healthcare is blue cross blue shield. I don’t know how much it cost cause I’m in the national guard.

5. Your assigned the same tractor but you share it with a Linehaul driver at night.

6. No if you have prior experience you will still start at a low ass pay. Despite all the ::shit:: you hear people talk they have boxes of full of applications they put away monthly.

Overall it isn’t the best. But to say a company like SAIA is great is a joke. They pay well but they will write you up for changing the channel on the radio while in traffic; good luck making it to retirement if you **** someone off.

Like I said CTI isn’t the best but I ::shit:: you not I’ve had 4 deliveries and 4 pick ups in a day( 8-10hr day.) Plus, I don’t have cameras ****ing with me and asking me why I had to break so hard. Most times you can work 9-10 hr days.

If you want more hours you’ll have to ask them to extend you; or they can send you to do a hook and swap. As a new driver generally that won’t be a available to you unless it’s Friday night(no one wants to be there) or Saturday again no one wants to be there. You can also run Linehaul on Saturdays if it’s available.
Anyways, you have experience so the transition will be easy. The worst part of P/D side is doing your one touch freight spot(Sallies beauty) and your route may not even have one. CTIs routes are generally slower and more spaced out. We cover wider distances; some routes are in the city and they will be much busier but those drivers like those runs cause their schedules are easier to work with. They generally get in earlier.

I work out of Charlotte, NC as a pick up and delivery driver. This forms reeks of entitlement from other LTL drivers.

1. start time for city is 9am. Linehaul varies but usually starts at 7pm,8,9 depending on how fast they can finish loading your trailer.

2. think it takes 3-5 years to get to top pay. Which is around 27 dollars. I started at 22.75

3. In Charlotte we don’t lay off. When freight gets slow they will rotate drivers off. There are about 5 senior drivers on the P and D side that won’t rotate since they have been there so long but we have about 18 doors in total so you’ll get minimum 40.

4. healthcare is blue cross blue shield. I don’t know how much it cost cause I’m in the national guard.

5. Your assigned the same tractor but you share it with a Linehaul driver at night.

6. No if you have prior experience you will still start at a low ass pay. Despite all the **** you hear people talk they have boxes of full of applications they put away monthly.

Overall it isn’t the best. But to say a company like SAIA is great is a joke. They pay well but they will write you up for changing the channel on the radio while in traffic; good luck making it to retirement if you **** someone off.

Like I said CTI isn’t the best but I **** you not I’ve had 4 deliveries and 4 pick ups in a day( 8-10hr day.) Plus, I don’t have cameras ****ing with me and asking me why I had to break so hard. Most times you can work 9-10 hr days.

If you want more hours you’ll have to ask them to extend you; or they can send you to do a hook and swap. As a new driver generally that won’t be a available to you unless it’s Friday night(no one wants to be there) or Saturday again no one wants to be there. You can also run Linehaul on Saturdays if it’s available.
Anyways, you have experience so the transition will be easy. The worst part of P/D side is doing your one touch freight spot(Sallies beauty) and your route may not even have one. CTIs routes are generally slower and more spaced out. We cover wider distances; some routes are in the city and they will be much busier but those drivers like those runs cause their schedules are easier to work with. They generally get in earlier.
So you have had 1 job in trucking and you have it all figured out. Aren't you special.

6. No if you have prior experience you will still start at a low ass pay. Despite all the **** you hear people talk they have boxes of full of applications they put away monthly.

Like I said CTI isn’t the best but I **** you not I’ve had 4 deliveries and 4 pick ups in a day( 8-10hr day.) Plus, I don’t have cameras ****ing with me and asking me why I had to break so hard. Most times you can work 9-10 hr days.

Do they pay overtime? I have also heard u work the dock when ur done with ur run is that true? Not that it matters to me just curious. Also heard no direct deposit?

Do they pay overtime? I have also heard u work the dock when ur done with ur run is that true? Not that it matters to me just curious. Also heard no direct deposit?
Yeah after 55 hrs. For City you have to get on a forklift; technically you only have to stay an hr because that’s how much time they give you when you arrive yourself to the terminal. After that they can extend you but you don’t have to stay...at least that’s how Charlotte terminal was.

For Linehaul you may have to. It depends on the inbound supervisor and how he runs it’s. Sometimes there isn’t enough forklifts so the first drivers back get to choose whether to stay or not.

No direct deposit, so you’ll get the paper checks. Be ready to wait literally 3 weeks for your first check. Thereafter it will be a weekly check.

Glad you like it , i worked at the hillside illinois barn in the early nineties , it was a union job back then