ABF | A forced contract

vongrimmenstein

I stand for our flag, & kneel for the fallen
Credits
I remember what happened with the forced contract by President Hoffa against the UPS people in Louisville, KY. They voted NO @ least 2 times by a far margin. If the same should happen to the ABF issue, what or who can prevent a repeat of what happened in KY? IF he can do to the ABF CBA like he did to the UPS in KY, WHY do we bother to vote? von.

I remember what happened with the forced contract by President Hoffa against the UPS people in Louisville, KY. They voted NO @ least 2 times by a far margin. If the same should happen to the ABF issue, what or who can prevent a repeat of what happened in KY? IF he can do to the ABF CBA like he did to the UPS in KY, WHY do we bother to vote? von.
Possible and I would at least expect them to give us the chance to vote a second time, but this time correctly should a no vote prevail.

Possible and I would at least expect them to give us the chance to vote a second time, but this time correctly should a no vote prevail.
Last contract we got the royal shaft at YRC by our complacent union. The term most often heard back then was "Vote til you get it right!". I hope you guys stick together and everything works out for the best.

Last contract we got the royal shaft at YRC by our complacent union. The term most often heard back then was "Vote til you get it right!". I hope you guys stick together and everything works out for the best.
I wonder if any of the locals that were against the t.a. would have an appetite for the long lost wildcat approach.

Ok, couple thinks to consider (1) Severe Driver Shortage (2) Non-Union pay scale is higher then Union scale, so where are any new Driver's going to apply 1st ? (3) Unemployment is at a all time low , everybody is trying to hire (4) We all gave back , so maybe it's time for Equal Pay for Equal sacrifice ?

Ok, couple thinks to consider (1) Severe Driver Shortage (2) Non-Union pay scale is higher then Union scale, so where are any new Driver's going to apply 1st ? (3) Unemployment is at a all time low , everybody is trying to hire (4) We all gave back , so maybe it's time for Equal Pay for Equal sacrifice ?
ABF freight is the cash cow for ArcBest, the only people that dont understand that is our negotiating committee. Time for them to step aside & let a more qualified group bargain for us....

In the last UPS contract debacle,.....even though UPS rank-and-file voted down the Supplements multiple times,........Mr. Hoffa and Mr. Hall invoked Article XII, Sec. 6 of the IBT constitution,........giving the Executive Board the right to accept any contract....if the GEB feels "it's in the member's best interests"......even though the members had voted against that tentative agreement.

I guess it remains to be seen if Mr. Hoffa will use the amended Constitution to jam this steaming heap down the throats of the rank-and-file......if they vote it down more than once.....

I would hope that the NLRB would be standing by,.....in case someone decides to file charges of Non-Representation, in the event of an unpopular........pile of dung,........being imposed on the members , in spite of an overwhelming majority of "NO" votes.....

They didn't use the amended Constitution during the carhaul contract,........and those Brothers had the courage to vote it down multiple times,........until Hoffa and Co. finally decided who they were ......working for,.......and produced a good carhaul contract.

Ball is in our court. This contract..........stinks.......

It's actually an insult.....and, for some reason,....our Union..."leadership"...has it in their pointy little heads,....that DE-FUNDING a pension, is.."saving"..it......Good Grief!........The schoolyard playground has a better sense of economics than that! Try offering a six-year-old a half-eaten apple in return for his two peanut butter sandwiches,.......and he will punch you in the nose......

C'mon, Ernie! We're just a little smarter than that..........A hard life of physical labor left us looking bedraggled, scruffy and tired,........but our appearances don't mean our mental capabilities are ......disabled....

If you were in the rank-and-file, Ernie,........you'd be leading the "NO" vote faction very loudly.......And you know it.......

Been a long time away from the wheel and loading dock? Rubbing elbows with too many executives who are telling you that you're "smarter" than those unwashed Hoi-Polloi way, way down there on the street....?

Don't forget who you work for..........And don't forget how Labor history will regard Fric(Johnson) and Frac(Sweeton).....

You don't want to be in the same.......dustbin....as those two......

In the last UPS contract debacle,.....even though UPS rank-and-file voted down the Supplements multiple times,........Mr. Hoffa and Mr. Hall invoked Article XII, Sec. 6 of the IBT constitution,........giving the Executive Board the right to accept any contract....if the GEB feels "it's in the member's best interests"......even though the members had voted against that tentative agreement.

I guess it remains to be seen if Mr. Hoffa will use the amended Constitution to jam this steaming heap down the throats of the rank-and-file......if they vote it down more than once.....

I would hope that the NLRB would be standing by,.....in case someone decides to file charges of Non-Representation, in the event of an unpopular........pile of dung,........being imposed on the members , in spite of an overwhelming majority of "NO" votes.....

They didn't use the amended Constitution during the carhaul contract,........and those Brothers had the courage to vote it down multiple times,........until Hoffa and Co. finally decided who they were ......working for,.......and produced a good carhaul contract.

Ball is in our court. This contract..........stinks.......

It's actually an insult.....and, for some reason,....our Union..."leadership"...has it in their pointy little heads,....that DE-FUNDING a pension, is.."saving"..it......Good Grief!........The schoolyard playground has a better sense of economics than that! Try offering a six-year-old a half-eaten apple in return for his two peanut butter sandwiches,.......and he will punch you in the nose......

C'mon, Ernie! We're just a little smarter than that..........A hard life of physical labor left us looking bedraggled, scruffy and tired,........but our appearances don't mean our mental capabilities are ......disabled....

If you were in the rank-and-file, Ernie,........you'd be leading the "NO" vote faction very loudly.......And you know it.......

Been a long time away from the wheel and loading dock? Rubbing elbows with too many executives who are telling you that you're "smarter" than those unwashed Hoi-Polloi way, way down there on the street....?

Don't forget who you work for..........And don't forget how Labor history will regard Fric(Johnson) and Frac(Sweeton).....

You don't want to be in the same.......dustbin....as those two......
Its mind boggling how he is still in office....

Or why he is still in office.........

I mean,....after all,.....he sure isn't building a Labor Legacy of strength and good contracts.

He won't warrant a mere paragraph,...let alone a chapter,....in Labor history......
Because the vast majority of Teamster voters are not truckdrivers...they gave up on us long ago. Are only value is our monthly dues.

AS IS usual on this forum most posters just regurgitate the same ole ::shit::. A UPS driver makes $36.29 an hour, plus pension and free health care!!!!!!!!!! 7 weeks of vacation to boot!!!!!!!!! MR. FRED ZUCERZIMMERMANBURG signed off on the last contract. To start his political campaign to run for president he got his local to vote down the supplements he agreed to, signed off on!!!! Let us keep politics and stupidity out of contracts, Canary you are politics and stupidity in the flesh!!!!! the only difference between fred and jimmy is one is president and the other one wants to be!!~!!!

AS IS usual on this forum most posters just regurgitate the same ole :::shit:::. A UPS driver makes $36.29 an hour, plus pension and free health care!!!!!!!!!! 7 weeks of vacation to boot!!!!!!!!! MR. FRED ZUCERZIMMERMANBURG signed off on the last contract. To start his political campaign to run for president he got his local to vote down the supplements he agreed to, signed off on!!!! Let us keep politics and stupidity out of contracts, Canary you are politics and stupidity in the flesh!!!!! the only difference between fred and jimmy is one is president and the other one wants to be!!~!!!

Why, Hello there, young man.........Back to slumming with the Union guys?

I would believe your entire post is about....politics. I said naught about Mr. Zuckerman.......You seem obsessed with him,...to the point of maligning his name. I don't believe Mr. Zuckerman is involved with the ABF contract negotiations.

He will make his recommendations, ....and a number of Teamsters will listen to him, because they think he knows what he's talking about.......

Unlike you....

I agree we ought to keep "politics and stupidity" out of contract talks.........You First......

well CANary, you characterized the last UPS contract a debacle!!!!!!!! I don't count $36.29 dollars an hour, plus pension and free health care a debacle. Not to mention 7 weeks vacation. Perhaps if ABF was prospering, they would have the money to pay the withdraw penalty to get their employees out of CSPF!!!!!!!!! Like UPS teamsters!!!!!!!!!!!! Then they would not be throwing away $17,784 a year in pension benefits!!!!!!!!!!

Or why he is still in office.........

I mean,....after all,.....he sure isn't building a Labor Legacy of strength and good contracts.

He won't warrant a mere paragraph,...let alone a chapter,....in Labor history......
Still is a
Don't know who Bubba Gump is but he's right about Fred.
Surf around here for a while, you will see who is credible & who just run their mouth....

Still is a

Surf around here for a while, you will see who is credible & who just run their mouth....
GO40 a member of the illuminati, You must admit Hoffa negotiated a pretty good UPS contract, a driver now makes $36.29 dollars an hour, 7 weeks vacation, plus pension and free health care. Then Fred at Teamsters united had his local vote down their supplement, after he agreed and signed off on them at the negotiations. Hoffa would have loved to negotiated more out of ABF, but they have to pay to much in legacy cost, for orphans. ABF pays more for an hour of labor;(wages,pension,healthcare) than any non union company does. I tried to get CANARY, who can pull any statistic out of his ass, to provide these differences in total wages. But canary is only interested in promoting his political agenda. he really doesn't care that ABF employees will get nothing from CSPF after they paid in $17,784 a year. Sounds to me GO40, that I'm the strait shooter, canary and his peep's are selling you'ins a bill of goods!!!!!!!!!!!!!